Yes, it's with me!
    What's with you?
    Exactlywatt - that's what's with me.
    Me who?
    Yes!
    Go away!
    Knock knock...

The Meehoo with an Exactlywatt
    from the book "A Light in the Attic" (1981)
  • Alas, this forum seems to have transformed from a forum about JoCo to a forum about the cruise... and then, when the cruise-related Facebook group became more popular with cruisers, become nearly deserted.
  • @BrettGlass People still use Facebook?
  • Yep. I don't, because Facebook compromises users' privacy, wastes their bandwidth, and exploits them in many other ways. But it seems to be the main gathering place for attendees of the JoCo cruises now.
  • I'm not a facebook fan either :) I would rather use the forums. 
  • So, now's the time for all the non-cruise-obsessed to take back the forums and talk about non-cruise-related JoCo things. What are you waiting for? :)
  • Waiting for some new non-cruise-related JoCo things. He's mentioned a new album in the works.... Have not heard much about live performances of late, other than appearances on NPR's Ask Me Another.
  • He performed with Aimee Mann, Ted Leo and others a couple of times in LA in March. There was a Jesus Christ, Superstar thing happening at one point, and JC was whipped while wearing a robe and a crown of thorns. I wish we'd been allowed to film.
  • JC as JC? Interesting.
  • P.S. -- Can't believe I am the only person who has posted to this entire JoCo-related forum on the First of May!
  • Says @BrettGlass, who apparently posted on May 2. ;-)
  • Perhaps in your time zone....
  • Some of us were otherwise occupied on that day.

I was playing board games, for example.
  • I'm just hoping that he doesn't abandon normal touring.  It would be sad if the only way you can see him perform live is on the cruise.  I mean, I went on the cruise once but I can't do it every year.  It's probably economics.  If he can make more money from the cruise (one week) than going on a tour (months)...

That's an oversimplified speculation but I hope he still will get back on the road and tour eventually.
  • He's still been doing a lot of live performing, though ... just not so much along the lines of "JoCo headliner with Paul and Storm opening up" that was the standard for so many years. He did a bunch of stuff late last year/early this year with NPR's Ask Me Another and the Amy Mann/Ted Leo variety show, for example.

Personally, having seen a bunch of the P&S/JoCo shows, it did start feeling like I was seeing the same show over and over, which I don't mean as a criticism at all. It was just a natural byproduct of doing more touring than writing new material. So I think it's really cool that his performances lately have been new things with different people (and I hope that after a new album comes out, which seems like it's in the works based on stuff from the last cruise, there'll be a more typical touring structure to go along with it).
  • I'm glad that he's working on a new album, because that's something that can be enjoyed by everyone, not just those who can get to a show (be it on land or at sea.) I bet he'll do some kind of release tour once that's out, though, and I can only hope that said tour comes to Europe. :)
  • I definitely agree with villicious, that new types of shows, and new people (and hopefully new songs, soon) are great.  No complaints here.

But, on the other hand...  Did you realize that it's been five years, since he last toured with Paul and Storm!?  He started playing with the band in late 2010, and toured that way in 2011 and 2012.  And since 2012, he hasn't toured at all.

Which is all my way of saying, I think it's high time for a JoCo/Paul & Storm reunion tour!
  • Well, now that JoCo has toured with Paul and Storm and Roderick, perhaps it's time for him to tour with someone new. Maybe The Both? We'd be glad to host them here in Laramie at the Gryphon Theater....
  • He last toured Europe with Paul and Storm in 2012. :D Much as I like the band and wish people in Europe who don't go on the cruise had the chance to see it, I'm really glad that we had the classic acoustic JoCo+PaSto combination soft rocking us for longer.
  • Aha, thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize (or had forgotten) that you folks Over There got an extra helping of JoCo/PaSto.

I still say it's time for a reunion tour, at least over here.

• I could go for a JoCo/Zoe Keating co-headline tour.