Jonathan Coulton - The Ark, Ann Arbor, MI - June 15, 2012 @ 8:00pm

edited March 2012 in JoCo Gigs
I got my ticket and +1 for some lucky interested party I will bring with me! Hoody Freakin' Hoo! I can't wait!

Comments

• That's a great venue. Seen many a show there. :)
  • Hmm, I might actually be able to go to that...
  • Autojim, many people have told me the same thing and it makes me even more excited for the show.... if I could get anymore excited.  Also I am slowly building a caravan of people who will be traveling north from Ohio! Hoody Hoo!

It will be the greatest ever GreatSage!
  • It is a great place to see a show. Can't wait! :)
  • HOLY YES!

I've been to a handful of shows there--I just saw California Guitar Trio there on the 1st as it so happens. Magnificent venue indeed. I am so damn excited right now, will be going come hell or high water! :D
  • Excellent! Did not know there were so many other nerdites clustering among the normals in the area.  Looking forward to it as well! 
  • n.b. I'd hardly classify the Tenured Grad Students and other denizens of Ann Arbor as "normals".

This *is*, after all, the town where a Tenured Grad Student in a well-worn, oil-smoke-belching Volvo challenged my '65 Mustang to an emissions test because he thought it was a "pollution-spewing hot rod" (I think the loud exhaust startled him, really).
  • I'm glad to hear it's a great place for a show: I'll be there! (No idea if I'll know anyone there, but JoCo fans tend to be a nifty bunch. Any other 2011 Seamonkeys going?)
  • I cast resurrection on this thread!

Just wanted to say I can't wait for the show on the 15th! I am also booked for JCCC3 and it would be cool to meet some other people who will be cruising next February.   Whether you are cruising next year or not please feel free to say Hey/Wassup!   I should be wearing a blue TARDIS t-shirt.
  • Looking forward to it!
  • Anyone want to meet up before or after and get a drink somewhere?
  • Unfortunately not gonna be getting there nearly as early as I would like and need to drive back to Ohio after the show so the babysitter can go home.    But if you see me in my TARDIS shirt don't hesitate to say Hello and have a drink at the venue. :)
  • I'll keep an eye out for your TARDIS shirt, @Scoti_Garbidis. I'll be the redhead in the JCCC2 shirt so if you see me first, come say hi. :)
  • Let me just say...

vagina.
  • edited June 2012
    I had a great time at the show! I enjoyed JoCo's and Roderick's interaction with the audience.  Hard to believe JoCo played nearly 2 1/2.  It went by so fast but loved every moment of it. 

@twinschick1 it was great to meet you and the rest of group after the show.  Wish I could have talked longer and hope we can all catch up in February and get to know everyone better.  I was wondering if you or any of your group have any advice for the cruise? What was your favorite activity or event, etc? Did you game much in the game room or were you too busy with the rest of the cruise stuff?

@Theanderblast .... guitar tuning...... vagina..... ;)
  • @Scoti_Garbidis Glad you had a great time! 

About the cruise, feel free to peruse the cruise-related forum threads and check out the cruise wiki.  Otherwise, just go with the flow! :)
  • @Scoti_Garbidis It was great meeting you, too! I agree with @Kate's advice: go with the flow. My favorite memories from JCCC2 were not the planned events (though those were great, too). I didn't game much, but that was because I was too shy to do more than observe most of the time.

Vagina.
  • I am not sure what's going on around here lately, but VAGINA!
  • @angelastic: look up "michigan" and "vagina" and be prepared for an eyeful. There are some really stupid people in elected offices throughout the world...