Nemeses Tabs

edited August 2011 in JoCo Tabs
Now, I'm certain suuuuuuuuuuupadave didn't get here before me. I checked the wiki, blogs and forum.

I think that's pretty good, if I do say so myself.
Criticism welcome. Tell me if I missed the odd 11th or 13th in there!

Comments

• It's not bad at all. I don't really know about that Abm - it seems easier to just call it a G#m - otherwise you might play it at the 1st fret, which sounds wrong.
    At the F#m7-B, I think it's a B7 - certainly, it's the usual JoCo-trick to combine those two chords. Also, maybe change the spelling of the AM7 to Amaj7, just so people don't think it's a minor chord.
    I'm not really wild about the CM7 at the end of the bridge. Couldn't come up with anything better to replace it, but it just doesn't sound right to me.

Good job :)
  • Also, there's the lead-in, which is another typical JoCo with the variation on E, Esus4 and Eadd9.

It looks more or less like this, with corrections for strumming, obviously:
    G|-1-1--2-1-1-1-|
    D|-2-2--2-2-4-2-|
    A|
    -2-2--2-2-2-2-|
    E|-0-0--0-0-0-0-|
  • Edited page accordingly. Thanks for pointing out the Esus4 and Esus2, I hadn't noticed that!

Yeah, the CM7 bothers me a little as well. I can hear the chord changing, but It's difficult to tell. I just guessed it was a major 7th from the vocals, as in "start to wonder"
  • edited August 2011
    The verse riff is more or less this.

E-0---0---0--0-0--0-----
    B-0---0---0--0-0--0--0--
    G-x---x---x--x-x--4--4--
    D-9---9---9--7-6--2--4--
    A-11--12--11-9-7--4--2--
    E-0---0---0--0-0--x--x--

I've been working on this tab actually.  I've spent a lot of time listening to this track and I'm fairly certain I've got all of the little tricky bits down.  I may actually do a video for this one too.  It's been almost 2 years since I've done one so it may be about that time.
  • edited August 2011
    suuuuuuuuupadaave >> New video?! Aw man that would be, as we used to say way back when the last video came out, "totally gnarly, top cat" :D

I could really do with that lesson, too. I've been wanting to play Nemeses properly since I first heard the full band live version.
  • Based on the new Engadget-interview, I kind of suspect the "but nothing underneath"/"doesn't make much sense"/"better you don't see"-parts are similar to the thing he does on Code Monkey.

Something like:

e-0--0----0--
    B-5--0---0--
    G-6--8---6--
    D-6--9---7--
    A--0--9---7--
    E--0--0---0--

Followed, possibly, by a C#m, leading into "except a small black heart"/etc on B.

Thoughts?
  • I've figured it out completely.  Thank you for linking this interview.  I can now finish both of my tabs and videos for Tuscon and Nemeses!  Stay tuned!
  • Tagging this thread, then.
  • I'm staying tuned. I am staying SO tuned! :D
  • On Good Morning Tucson, I think JoCo does a riff on the intro, touching the 9th fret of the 4th string on the B/E before the A/E. Otherwise, I am trying very hard not to spend all evening playing these instead of studying my history :)
  • @skyen: Try singing the history you have to learn to the tune of these songs as you play. You might even remember it better. :)
  • edited October 2011
    The riff would be something like this...

--0---0------
    ------0---0--
    ----8---6----
    ----9---7----
    -------------
    0------------

• @Angelastic >> No amount of singing will make medieval european history sink in any easier, I don't think. Especially when you're reading it in Norwegian :P

@suuuupaadave >> Yeah, that sounds much better :)