Song-Fu 2

12345679»

Comments

• Are we to assume from JoCo's comments made in his recent interview that he will no longer be participating in Song Fu? Because that would make me sad. Not because I want to beat him at songwriting (which I do), but because who knows when we will get another original tune out of him. I know he's busy... but throw us a bone man.
  • Hmmm, I thought I listened to Kerrin's whole interview, but I guess I missed that part somehow. Definitely bad news for those of us who like the occasional new JoCo tune!
  • @JeffM

No, I assumed I did not get in becuase I have not been informed that I DID get accepted yet.
    I think it said on the website that they would let everyone who got in know via email.

J
  • Are we to assume from JoCo's comments made in his recent interview that he will no longer be participating in Song Fu?
    That was the impression I got from speaking to him. He really wants to write music without a deadline. I think he is tiring of deadline as most of his songs of recent years have been to a dead line, some very short. I think My Beige Bear and Octopus are the only two he did, 'because he wanted to'.

Of course he also went on to say he only writes songs without a deadline when he is really bored, and that never happens as he is either preparing for a concert or wrapping up from a concert, and even when he takes huge amounts of time 'off', he still ends up with lots to do. I think once he is done with the DVD things will ease...whose idea was it to make a DVD?
  • I think My Beige Bear and Octopus are the only two he did, 'because he wanted to'.
    Also Lady Aberlin's Muumuu and Washy Ad Jeffy.

Miss Pedantic Pants strikes again! ;-)
  • I dunno...I mean, can he really knock deadlines when it was a self-imposed weekly deadline that helped create most of his musical catalog?
  • edited December 2008
    Miss Pedantic Pants strikes again! ;-)
    Well, it's easy to be pedantic with me, I'm always making statements without checking the facts, and forget something. So I'm an easy target.
  • I mean, can he really knock deadlines when it was a self-imposed weekly deadline that helped create most of his musical catalog?
    I think the fact that the deadline was self-imposed makes a difference.
  • I probably should have explained to Jonathan his misunderstanding of what the Eurovision Song Contest is. Never mind.
  • Oh.
    My.
    God.

I've been accepted!
  • Hmm, shouldn't the runner up get an automatic in the next round? Like JeffM proving his mettle in Song Fu 1.
  • I would have thought so.
    It's only fair !
  • Well, he got in. Yay. I really dug Take Me Home and OSullivan Stomp.