JoCo's Twitters (or tweets, as they say)

Comments

• Yikes for Paul and Storm.

Hopefully you guys can get them to where they need to go. And I hope they got their keyboard.
  • They only had a keyboard at two of the four gigs. Not having a keyboard just limits the songs they can do. They don't really use it that much.
  • it appears mr coulton has pulled a steve jobs.

now if only coulton were publicly traded... i could have got rich (at least in coulton-bux) off my ability to guess that the man might possibly have a sense of humor. and it wouldn't've been unethical even because i'm not under suspicion of starting the rumor!
  • @three08: Jonathan could walk on stage w/ a sign saying 'rumors of my seizures have been greatly exaggerated'.
    Heh, when I told tell my college friends 'oh, fyi, I have epilepsy' they handled it in a very mature manner: The offered to put a drink shaker in my hands so we could have martins afterward.

I *heart* my friends so much sometimes :-)
  • edited November 2008
    Is there a joke I'm missing here, or did Jonathan start wearing black turtleneck shirts?
  • edited November 2008
    Maybe he was wearing them when he wrote "A Laptop Like You."

ETA: No, wait, that would be turtlenecks.
  • I read Agent Lex's comment as meaning turtlenecks. That is to say, I read it as 'what they call skivvies over there' without really thinking about it much. But now that I look at it more closely, I see that he said polo necks, which does not need translation and means something quite different. I assume it was a mistake.

@Lex: maybe they're referring to Steve Jobs' cancer scare, I don't know.
  • Of course you read it turtleneck. Duh.

Also: cancer scare?
  • Scare? What scare? Steve Jobs truly did have cancer.

Bloomburg did accidentally print a rather premature obituary for him a while back, though, which was more of what I consider a "scare."
  • edited November 2008
    He had pancreatic cancer a while ago, but it was operated on and now it's apparently okay. Which is not quite similar to JoCo's twitters since has far as I know, JoCo didn't have seizures a while ago, but it could be it's what three08 is referring to. I haven't really followed Steve Jobs-related stuff recently.

ETA: Ah, I didn't know about the obituary, I'll have to look that one up.
  • isn't pancreatic cancer one of those that has a low survival rate?

and he looked gaunt at a MacWorld a few years back.
  • Since I was just watching the videos from the Cleveland show again (And longing for the next one to come soon), I found another reference to JoCo having seizures
  • someone released an inaccurate rumor that mr jobs' ailment had returned, which caused a drop in the price of apple's shares, and i had heard noise about investigations into whether this was deliberate so that someone could buy up a bunch of shares at the reduced rate &c. mr jobs was only involved by virtue of being the object of the rumor, so i wasn't attempting to cast aspersions on his character or anything.
  • In case people are wondering, as I was, about JoCo's latest tweet, here's what he's referring to (posted by robgonzo in another thread but I thought I'd copy it here.)
  • too much information...
  • In ref the sneezing hiccup of doom there-

Bless you!
  • edited December 2008
    The bad news: A hard drive crash kept JoCo from finishing his new song today.

The good news: New song!?
  • Yeah.. computer problems...
    Happens to the best of us....

[coughcough]

Sorry.. little frog in my soundcard throat.

;' )))
  • so he turns down a songwriting contest so he can write a song.

delicious.
  • edited December 2008
    so he turns down a songwriting contest so he can write a song
    Ah, but he is writing a song because he wants to, not because he 'has' to....he must be bored I guess.
  • Why wood you think that? Did you ash him? Or has he been pining for action?
  • I know you're just trying to be poplar with your pedantree, but yew should just leave it be, acacia make the same misteak some day and end up embarrassed, oakay?
  • Hand me a map, I'm lost.
  • He'll twig eventually.
  • I wonder is this nyew song is about a Monkey? Its Puzzling...

(Oooo. streeeetching....)
  • i can't imagine why he wouldn't want to write like five or six holiday-themed songs in a row.... >.>
  • Heh heh heh....
    I know *I* wouldn;t want to...
    ...unless...
  • Didn't mean to pick on him Angelastic, just woke in a sillier than usual mood this morning and couldn't resist an opening like that. After all, the shortest distance between two puns is a straight line!

JoAnn
    invertebrate punster
    spinelessly unable to resist a pun
    so slug me
  • Use a Pun, Go to Jail.
    By orders of the Justice Department
    Poetic division
  • I feel picked on.
    Why do I always want to spell writing with two 't's, and as for the other typo, that was just me being stoopid.
  • edited December 2008
    It's okay, JoAnn, I actually don't mind at all what you did, I can cedar funny side (otherwise I wooden't have leeched your idea) I just urchintly wanted to worm 'acacia' in somehow. I wasn't trying to be a beech or anything. But I guess tree08 put an end to the silliness. Let's get back to talking about Christmas corals.

ETA: Gle3nn, it was cruel of you to lay that out as if it were a haiku. There should be a word for things like that... like nossob but for haiku instead of backwards words.
  • i suppose i could have said, 'i can't elmagine why he woodn't want to write like five or six hollyday songs in a rowan'...?

but that makes even my brain leak out of my ears, just a little.
  • edited December 2008
    wat ah ewe gies tawkin a bowt. I carnt undur-stad a fing uwe ah saing
    Ewu cud eat lest lern two spel propor:
  • Baa humbug, ewe cud make your ruminations punnier.
  • I declare an end to this nonsense.
  • I declare an end to the nonsense embargo!
  • edited December 2008
    ah Lex, why so serious? or should I say sirius...cirrus?
  • Maybe he is feeling a little serial and needs to try a new port...
  • Maybe he needs to give us his own input?
    If our output is not to his liking?
    (It's a Risc we have to take!)
  • is it just me or does 'bearded longhair' sound like a kind of kitty?
  • It sounds like a cross between a kitty and a clam. Maybe some kind of furry lobster.
  • he goes to a salon?

i guess it's not a full buzz this time around.
  • It's a shame he didn't high-five that other bearded longhair while he had the chance.
  • I like to tweet JoCo futilely in the hopes that he actually reads my stuff.

I told him to buzz it off, BTW.
  • BUt...but...but now he just looks like anyone else !!!
  • I think he looked better pre-hair cut. (coming from someone who hasn't had a hair cut in just over 2 years now and wouldn't shave if he were allowed to grow a beard (damn school.))
  • I agree (maybe it's just what I'm used to), but he's probably trying to go incognito over the holidays. Nobody would believe somebody so well-groomed was an internet superstar.
  • I think it's just post-haircut styling. (Note that it's parted on the side. Wha???) I'm guessing that tomorrow he will look more like his old self, with somewhat shorter hair. :-)
  • But will it remove his god-like powers now that it is gone?