JoCo's Twitters (or tweets, as they say)

Comments

• (That was my guess.)
  • that is awesome. I wanna hear MomCo and SisCo sing.
  • SisKo? We've heard her sing; she provided vocals for Lady Aberlin's Muumuu.
  • You can already hear SisCo sing, of course, here. Oh, wait, that's someone else -- easy mistake to make, sorry. I meant here. But I agree the harmony would be awesome to get to hear -- oh, well, I don't mean to overstep bounds.

Tweet in question, for the record:
    My mother and sister are singing my daughter to sleep - IN HARMONY. Couple of rate busters.
  • Yeah, JoCo had to go and ruin our perfectly good run of dick jokes and spousal abuse with some good old fashioned sincerity.

The bastard.
  • I think I need a list of who else I should be following on Twitter. Although I'm struggling to keep up with the small but very prolific band of ppl I'm following so far.
  • I know JoCo's sister was on that song. I just wanna hear this particular harmony!

Though, I never did get around to asking, how did we all find out his sister (not sure if posting her name here is cool or not, though she is in "the biz") was on that track? Was it during the JoCo in a Bubble sessions, that he maybe mentioned it?
  • edited July 2008
    He mentioned it himself somewhere. I think it was on the blog.

ETA: Yes, it was here.
  • Anyone else getting the feeling that the next Aftermath song will be called "Lobster Roll"?
  • Hey, it has marine life. Why not?
  • I wonder if they're made from actual lobsters or those phony clawed ones.
  • Every time JC tweets "lobster roll," take a drink. ;-)
  • He's trying to gain popularity by writing a replacement for the Rickroll. Nice tactic!
  • AnnAnn
    edited July 2008
    I had to look up what a lobster roll was and quite frankly, I'm a little weirded out. Crazy New Englanders ruining perfectly good lobster.

I think I'm going to have to go make some pork roll with cheese just to balance out the universe.
  • Not JoCo's first lobster-themed vacation message, of course (and I should point out the subsequent "back from vacation" post, in which he writes, "I'm starting the catching up process now and should be finished in about 11 months, at which point it will be time for vacation again" -- posted 11 months and a week ago).
  • Okay, what exactly is the "Soda Club?"
  • Google search reveals this Soda Club. It seems a likely candidate for making egg creams at a soda party. :-)
  • The Doifter confirmed for me that the link is in fact the Soda Club in question.
  • I have a Soda Club, but the CO2 canister is empty and I haven't got around to replacing it. It feels great to be in the same club as JoCo.
  • edited August 2008
    He's trying to gain popularity by writing a replacement for the Rickroll. Nice tactic!
    How eerily prescient, considering today's tweet. I got Lobsterroll'd :(
  • "never gonna give you fish"...
  • ..Never gonna let you drown
    Never gonna run aground...
  • And serve you

=)
  • In the UK the Club Soda is called a Soda Stream I think.
  • Yes Kerrin that is right, exactly what I was thinking as I have one at my house. I wasn't sure if it was a different brand or just the same brand in a different place though.
  • Yeah, it's also called Soda Stream in NZ.
  • Where do you get the CO2 from, anyway? And the flavors?
  • The CO2 comes from two oxygen atoms covalently bonding with a carbon atom.
    for flavors, you can use any kind of syrup you want. You're just making carbonated water with the machine. I use blueberry/ pomegranite juice.
    You could carbonate milk if you wanted to.
  • Oh, you chemist you. :)

I'm serious. Do you have to buy canisters & such from the company? Or is there some kind of abstruse chemical alchemy going on inside the machine?
  • I got a cannister with the machine, and haven't got around to replacing it yet, but I believe the process is I take it to the right kind of Soda Club vendor (which includes various supermarket chains, I think) along with my certificate of owning-a-Soda-Club-machine, which I have most probably lost, and I give them about seven francs, and they take the old cannister and give me a full one.

I bought the thing specifically for making apfelschorle, which means I mix the carbonated water with apple juice, which I buy from a local orchard in 5L bag-in-box thingies. It's against the rules to carbonate anything but water, but you could mix milk with the carbonated water. Or you could just try making custard using baking soda instead of custard powder, I've heard the result is the same. I also have a bottle of Soda Club apple flavouring which I used to use when I'd run out of apple juice or other juices. And some pink syrup made out of some kind of flower from Vaud known as Monarda didyma.
  • i wonder if dissolving baking soda in water and keeping it pressurised would achieve the same end... longer post going into the random posts thread, in all likelihood.
  • Well, you'd have to do something about the sodium hydroxide left over.
  • well now i just feel dumb. i just spent like 45 minutes figuring that out for myself, whereas i could have just asked you instead.
  • edited August 2008
    I don't think you even need the certificate of ownership Angel. It's not like theres a big syndicate of Soda Stream thieves looking to get refills for their nefarious carbonated purposes.

I don't remember mum ever having to present a certificate when she got refills for our canister.
    I used to love my Soda Stream, except my mum would usually only buy one flavour at a time and she and my brother liked Creaming Soda which I hated =S
    My parents used it to make mixers too when they had friends around. Ah the summers of chilled home-made fizzy drinks! Makes me all nostalgic. Might have to buy one when my kids grow up. (Or at least once I've delivered the first one!)
  • Say it isn't so! ;-) (It's nice to see that he's enjoying his vacation.)
  • Is that a half-pony-half-monkey-half-lion monster?
  • P&S claim its a marmot...
    Guessing there's an inside joke there?
  • I dunno, but I now have the Rita's jingle stuck in my head. Thanks Paul, you suck.
  • P&S claim its a marmot...
    Guessing there's an inside joke there?
    I think it's a reference to The Big Lebowski wherein a ferret is confused with a marmot.
  • That'd be why I didn't get it. I don't watch a lot of movies. Thanks :)

Whatever it is, it appears to have a badass spiked collar.
  • I can no longer eat anything without dripping a bit of it onto the shelf of my ever expanding middle-aged belly.
    Oops. Too many lobster rolls!
  • tweetsurvivor - check it out, and if you like invite your friends. Everyone is welcome!
  • what do you do on it?
  • Not a JoCo tweet, but....
  • edited August 2008
    I love that hot celebrity-on-celebrity mutual admiration stuff. ;)
  • Why the 'however'? The previous tweet indicates she was at a concert. Was she at a JoCo concert?
  • She was at the New Media Expo and so was Coulton and Len posted pictures to prove it. I put them in the media thread. I bet Paul will address it in his podcast that he did not get to see his crush Felicia but "everyone" else did.
  • Please Help. What is the meaning/origin of: What's the baby using? 25.
  • Who the hell knows? Near as we can tell, it's a meme Len is trying to start.
  • Man am I glad I wasn't the one to ask that. Didn't want to sound stupid when everyone else was talking about this baby thing over in the Coverville thread.