JoCo's Twitters (or tweets, as they say)

14567810»

Comments

• Funny, I was going to say it was blatantly obvious that it was HER servos. After all, the entire paragraph is about HER eyes.
  • edited May 2009
    HER servos
    I made the same assumption, clearly, but the man has spoken. I will never listen to the song again...to be fair, I would have wondered after the seed of doubt had been planted anyway, at least i now know I was wrong. I suspected I was wrong from the off set though.
  • wow, interesting. I had never considered that it could be anything other than HIS servos.
  • Gina
    Now I have to quiz all my friends and see where they thought the servo noise was coming from...
    because it has to be said, what if... the servo noise... was coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE?!

...idiotic digressions aside, you may now resume your regularly scheduled discussion.
  • For those interested, robgonzo has started a twibe.
  • edited May 2009
    Yay! And double-yay!
  • edited May 2009
    And for those following his great ape twitters (and blog post):

The pool is very small,
    It has a waterfall,
    That drenches your fur coat
    The moment you're tossed inside.

JoCo is watching you,
    What you're about to do,
    Will benefit science,
    Whether you sink or swim.

Grab a chair,
    We're about to throw the monkey in...
  • Belatedly, but re this tweet, shocking that no one's provided the obvious response, to wit:

Cat out of the bag, Mr. Coulton?
  • Have you provided the response?

Also... I bought merch that had been in his suitcases. :|
  • I suggested that @hodgman owed him the favor.
  • Jonathan and Scarface are not kidding about that whoa on the Still Alive cover- go listen to it, it is amazing! Don't wanna spoil it so I won't say anything more.

Really. Big whoas.
  • seconded. the video is nice too.
  • So I'm trying out this new thing called Twitter now, and couldn't help but reply to JoCo's latest tweet. Apparently, I was in the 40% majority. Anyone else? Also, I have now (albeit indirectly) been called a nerd by JoCo... awesome! :-D

jonathancoulton: My follower count is about to graduate from a 16-bit integer to a long. So, you know, if twitter crashes it's my fault.
    calebhines: @jonathancoulton Only if you assume 16-bit signed int. If so, maybe you'll just wrap around to a negative number of followers?
    jonathancoulton: Replies to my last tweet: 30% VB jokes, 20% corrections, 40% unsigned int jokes, 10% divide by 0 jokes. Nerds.
  • He tells us his follower count is graduating from a 16-bit integer to a long, and he calls us nerds?
  • Pot, meet kettle. :-P
  • "My new iPhone is slightly thicker than my old one. Epic fail."

I think this one is not coming across as Jonathan probably intended it... Folks on the twitters are reacting as if it's a genuine complaint.
    It does look that way, I might think something was not right about it if I didn't feel like I knew him better...
  • the problem, I think, with a high geek audience is that so many of them are literalists.
  • And I guess many of them are likely to have strong opinions about iPhones, one way or the other, so might be inclined to either take offense or agree enthusiastically before thinking about it.
  • He's now clarified himself by making a more obvious joke. ("But back to my brand new (but thicker) iPhone issue - I guess I'll just carry fewer hundred dollar bills in my pocket to make room?")
  • Don't miss this kick-ass cover of The Future Soon! (don't take my word for it, take JoCo's....)
  • They did a great job!!!
  • edited July 2009
    That is pretty fantastic. Although I don't appreciate the chiptunes tease that leads into real instruments. I thought it'd be a whole chiptunes cover.

edit: Ah, it appears that's what they do.
  • edited July 2009
    I can't remember which other thread(s) we were discussing this on, so I'll post it here. I noticed this response:
    @Kranitoko uk probably in October, news soon.
    ETA: hopefully not the end of October, because a local band is making their long-awaited comeback on the 30th. In fact, October 9 would suit me perfectly, since there's another singer I stalk playing in London the night before. I shall offer this here imaginary pony to the JoCo gods.
  • Hey, New Yorkers, don't miss this tweet. It sounds like you might be able to catch a little JoCo tonight at Joe's Pub...
  • Very nice, Colleen... now we know the secret, how to get our requests played. Just have Colleen do it.

Next time can you ask him for My Beige Bear? :)
  • And Bozo's Lament for Cleveland? :)
  • Someone video tape it this time, damnit!
  • Someone video tape it this time, damnit!
    Which are you referring to?
  • It knows what it is...
  • I think this is my favorite JoCo tweet ever :)

Do you think when they busted him, he gave them the old "Do you know who I AM??"
  • ATTN all for TONIGHT !!!!

@jonathancoulton
    Looking for 2 merch minions for tonight's show at the Rex in Pittsburgh. Free tix and my eternal thanks. Tweet back if you're interested.
  • This sound like a promising tweet, right? A person might use a soundproof booth to write and/or record new songs in.... right?
  • I don't know... Once he gets in, he might never be heard from again. ;-)

Very exciting indeed!
  • Until a few months ago, I thought you built sound proof booths, but my company had one delivered a few months ago, so that was actually what I thought it was...shame I wasn't more specific in my tweet response.
  • You can use padding to soundproof a room... I'm not sure about the specifications of an actual officially soundproofed "booth" though.

Maybe he just covered the walls of a police public call box with Styrofoam in order to have a quieter LARPing experience.
  • A police public call box? Would it be bigger on the inside than the outside?

(Yes, I am a nerd. XD)
  • (Yes, I am a nerd. XD)
    You don't need to state that on these forums, the opposite you would need to state.
  • You've probably seen the tweet...
    RedNoseNEt.com this Saturday (tomorrow!) Noon EST.

A new song by.. JoCo, P&S, ME, Mike Lombardo and others....

There is a long story around this.
    But in txt it would look like I was *bitching*.. and I really wouldn't be....

Suffice it to say... GO TO REDNOSENET.COM on saturday
    Check it out. Donate.
    There may be *other* stuff JoCo related going down........

There will certainly be other JoeCovenant stuff going down ! ;' )

See You There!
  • I for one am very excited by the sneak peek into the recording process. The timing gives me hope that we'll see the new album sooner than I had feared.
  • JoCo in the Studio in a Bubble.
  • In case you don't follow him on Twitter, for some reason, he made this Christmas video for Ken Plume explaining why he doesn't have time to make a Christmas video for Ken Plume.

Includes a sneak peek at his enlarged uvula, as well as a special Christmas cover (on ukulele, nonetheless!).