Covers of JoCo songs

124»

Comments

• You sure did. I wasn't sure if anybody but you would spot it, but the reading is "Don't go! You're, like, my moon. (Real Tears TM). But if you do, surrender the suit!"
  • Wasn't there a cover of Still Alive on an odd German (guessing) percussion instrument a while back done by three guys... I can't find it.
  • THIS is the thread I ws looking for.....

Still Alive

(One of my latest outputs)
  • I also covered Still Alive recently, but don't worry, my Mac did the singing. I made a video for the cover using bits of old videos and photos I had lying around the place. And about 54% new video, but I did it as lazily as I could, because doing it well takes too much time and sunlight. The idea is my psychotic PowerBook is jealous of the MacBook Pro that replaced it.
  • edited March 2010
    I just uploaded a new video cover of Take Care of Me. As far as I know, this is the first/only cover of this song on youtube. It's also the first time appear I appear in an online video (aside from a brief appearance in the WHAP birthday project we did back in December). I actually started working on this around January, between Song Fu's 5 & 6 (which is why I'm wearing long sleeves in part of it!), and I finally just got back around to finishing it up. It's got ukulele, melodica, and my Ashbory bass.
  • Here's an interesting Blue Sunny Day by Apocalypso.
  • Don;t believe I've never put this in here...
    I'm Your Moon - Original Video and 'take'

With guitar by the amazing Paul R Potts
    Have a look, comment, like... umm... yeah!
    ;' )
  • Some people called Tetrastar did a cover of Skullcrusher Mountain for their freely available album "Songs We Didn't Write".

It's not bad. Sort of an electropop take on it.

Here ---> http://tetrastar.co.uk/
  • If any of you Mac users want your own Macs to sing Still Alive (see my post above for the video of mine doing so) I finally got around to releasing the text file that tells the speech synthesiser how to sing it. The timing's not quite right; I edited it in GarageBand for the video.
  • I noticed just now that you mentioned me on your site ago! :D
    I guess I should check it more often! :>
  • I like crediting people for things. :D
  • If you like quality JoCo covers, don't miss this guy. These are some of the best I've seen in a long time. I especially like that he's doing songs JoCo himself never (or very, very rarely) plays live.

De-evolving
    Laptop Like You
    Gambler's Prayer
  • Speaking of... Here's the lady who sung the end-credits to Plants vs. Zombies singing an acapella version of Want You Gone

Want You Gone
  • Did this after Portal 2 came out:

Want You Gone</>
  • So, I don't know if it's proper forum etiquette to just come out of nowhere and start posting links to stuff you've done and if it isn't then, I'm sorry! I just want to know if my covers match up to you guys standards.

anyways here's my thingies

It's a medley of JoCo songs + a cover of (I'm sure you guys are sick of this) Code Monkey.

Code Monkey was originally in the medley until I thought of a much better way to cover it than just playing it straight so I took it out and, kind of at the last minute, replaced it with Alone At Home which would be why it doesn't sound as good as the rest.

as for the rest of the medley, there's an acappella version of (I'm sorry) Still Alive, followed by a slowed down version of The Future Soon. I just couldn't get the tempo right it was either too fast or too slow. eventually I settled with too slow and just went with it and it doesn't sound bad. My guitar playing is not up to scratch I'm afraid, I'm extremely technically inept with music :(. then there's Ikea, Shop Vac, and the inferior quality (that bass is so damn loud) Alone At Home. Then to round everything off, A version of (I am going to be murdered) Want You Gone. I added a bunch of instruments in there because I was starting to get bored just listening to myself and the guitars+drums so I decided to spice it up a bit.

as for the Code Monkey cover I re-worked the verse and pre-chorus based on JoCo's live version of the song and added in some clean electric guitar for the verse and made the pre-chorus build up to the chorus in such a way that you can feel the rage building inside of that poor monkey. kinda.

anyhow it was immensely fun to work on both of these projects as a little deviation from my main thing and I hope you guys enjoy listening to them as much as I enjoyed making them :)
  • I made an 8-Bit game boy cover single of two JoCo songs. The A-Side is "Code Monkey" and the B-Side is "The Big Boom". It's right here. I'm selling it, but all the proceeds go to the Red Cross Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami fund so it comports with the license (and it goes towards a good cause!). Please tell me what you guys think about it!
  • A Core Just Like You (a Chell/Wheatley Jonathan Coulton parody)

A friend of mine ships Chell and Wheatley from Portal 2 quite hard, and she asked me to write some fiction about the two. In the process, these lyrics accidentally turned up and, well... I'm terribly sorry.
  • Nobody Loves You Like Me

I couldn't quite help myself after figuring out the chords. Tried to make it different from the live version we've heard.