What do you want to ask JoCo? (was: What do you want to know?)

Comments

• To get back on the The Big Bang Theory cameo... That episode should also have The Big Boom as theme song. :D
  • He should also get a simpsons episode at some stage, I saw the one with weird al on recently and thought of JoCo.
  • Yea I agree. That'd be "sweet-ass". (as to quote Dave from Code Monkeys)
  • I was just listening to the live 'Betty & Me' from Caf
  • Hehe, it's just an expression of how a girl radiates happiness and good feelings while she's being kissed by her boyfriend. That easy. ;)
  • Or she's going nuclear. Personally I prefer my interpretation, but then I would wouldn't I?
  • KABOOM!!! wedding night=Chernobyl
  • edited June 2008
    Would you marry someone who went radioactive when you touched her/him?
  • Yeah, I was mainly confused because I thought it was, 'When she's in the middle of kissing me, she goes like someone's girlfriend' and because I had that meaning in mind, even the change to 'glows' didn't help much. Because she is someone's girlfriend (or even someone's wife) so why would she suddenly go or glow like one while in the middle of a kiss? But then I figured out that it's 'she glows like (someone's girlfriend in the middle of a kiss)' and not '(she glows like someone's girlfriend) in the middle of a kiss'.
  • Would you marry someone who went radioactive when you touched her/him?
    Only if he had super powers, and especially if the super powers were transferred to me by the radiation. Or maybe if he went radioactive when I touched him because I was a source of radioactivity.

Oh, was that a question you want Coulton's answer to?
  • some gardening supplies is even more radioactive then nuclear waste so
  • Sure, let's ask JoCo that too. But it was a general thing too.
  • edited June 2008
    this reminds me of the drawn out discussion on ambiguous phrases we had in my Intro to Linguistics class.

And a question!
    What are Mr Jonathan Coulton's non-musical interests?
  • Code might be one of them.
  • (The thread to bump for the "Betty and Me" question, and similar questions, would've of course been "ITT we explain to each other song lyrics", but I won't hold it against you.)
  • @Angelastic I thought the line was goes too, and never understood it, thanks for clearing that up.
  • as I stated in the "favorite JoCo moments" thread, I addressed JoCo as "Mr. Coulton" when I got to meet him. It just came out when I went to say hi, and I figured it worked, so I stuck with it. I guess the points made here are true, in that he doesn't know me, I don't know him, and he is double my age. I'll stick with Mr. Coulton just to be cordial and safe.
  • Quick question, of all of the pictures I've found of JoCo, none of them are good enough quality for me to see the color of his eyes. What color are they? I'm working on something that I'll post on the forums when its done, but I can't finish until I know.
  • I would say brown from the pictures I have. But the light is reflecting off his glasses.
  • the Leaning pic on this page can be blown up pretty big. They look hazel to me.
  • edited June 2008
    Thanks!
  • edited June 2008
    See to me they look too far on the green side to be hazel.
  • They look blue to me... :\
  • edited June 2008
    I'm with Jon and dantes they looked green/blue type colour
  • they looked green/blue type colour
    um...isn't that hazel?
  • green/brown is hazel
  • I thought hazel was brown, but I don't see any blue so... Someone give him a long hard stare at the next show.
  • I don't see green or brown in it, just look blue to me.
  • They look greenish brown (hazel) to me, but I wouldn't know. People tell me my eyes are blue but they look grey to me.
  • Apparently my eyes change colour (?!?!)
  • Do they turn infrared?
  • Well, I don't see them change colour, but it did seem to screw with results when we had to do things like graphs of eye colour.
  • Do they change depending on clothing you wear or by your moods?
  • Mine change more by mood, dilation and a little by what I wear. I've seen them blue, grey and hazel in close to the iris.
  • Where's Awryone? He'd know. I seem to recall them to be light brown. Maybe hazel.
  • i'd hope Awryone never took the time to gaze into JoCo's eyes.
  • I have to admit I felt a bit weird just gazing into the life-sized picture of his eyes yesterday. But if we can't tell from a picture, I don't think we can tell from real life either. Eye colour is subjective. Unless we run that picture through colour-recognition software, we'll just have to each make up our own minds.
  • Where's Awryone? He'd know. I seem to recall them to be light brown. Maybe hazel.
    Definitely hazel. More green sometimes. More brown others. I have gazed...
  • Thank you all!
    Preliminary work from yesterday (have added more shading... and crazier hair--which is eerily like my own)
    The floating head of Maestro Coulton
    now my internal debate is: add a proportional body? add a tiny body? keep the floating-head look?
  • edited June 2008
    I think a disproportional body would be cool. Especially if you want to have him with a guitar or something, else you'd need a massive sheet of paper.
  • Looks good but I think the beard needs to be a little bit longer.
    Photobucket
  • Damn you Gle3nn. I was about to doze off to sleep after this thread and now am too awake from laughing at your creative photo. Nice. Even the photo source adds to it... ace in hole.com
  • I was going to make a thread on this, but has anyone here done anything inspired by a JoCo song? Bought a pet squid? Bought stuff from Ikea?

I, for one, took the Skymall from my airplane while listening to Skymall. I was morbidly curious to see what things they actually offered within. Oddly enough, I DID have something to read, so I didn't read it, and still have it somewhere.
  • When I was in Belgium for a day, I made sure I had a lot of mayonnaise with my frites. I've never been to Ikea but I will one day, and I'll be at least whistling the song. And, I took a point called z on the complex plane...

I think this deserves to be a separate thread.

Oh, and we all know what Spiff did on the first of May. Well, not exactly what he did, but he got something like 75 points.
  • reposted from another thread but this is the more appropriate place for it.

I wonder if JoCo would be willing to play with an all volunteer, local to the venue band if practice time with them could be arranged before a show.
  • Every time I think of JoCo playing with a full band I imagine him opening with a cover of Simple Minds "Don't You"
  • that's an odd fantasy song.

anyway, I figure JoCo likes to be in control of the performance process too much to do a full band. Less is more?
  • So the picture of JoCo was out in my room, and then my mom walked in and said... "why are you drawing a picture of yourself with a beard?"
    Cementing my thought when I was drawing the picture (gee, my face is a younger, female version of JoCo... especially the hair and glasses. Oh that poor man, he has my hair!)

How did JoCo get turned on to the Creative Commons licensing? Has he always been a proponent of independent artists and sharing art?
  • I wouldn't be at all surprised if it stemmed from his earlier work as a code monkey.