The "Coulton" - a measurement of Nerd fame.

13»

Comments

• jon who, someday you're going to just have to ask yourself what makes more sense and go with that. "trust your feelings..."
  • Well, neither made much sense to me. I guess therefore the joke was lost.
  • "brb bio" is a gamer term meaning ill be right back, i have to perform natural biological tasks in the bathroom.
    given that its a primarily gaming-related cartoon they use a lot of gamer terminology.

and no sorry I didnt see it had already been posted but I had indeed been reading the thread.
  • Glad everyone likes the Coultometer! While I investigate algorithms which give more accurate results, I have updated the program slightly: http://www.danplusadd.co.uk/coultometer.

If you want, you can now store your username so that it'll be used in a chart I'm going to create which will be put up when there's a few people on there.
  • I just spotted the disclaimer at the bottom:

"I realise Twitter isn't an accurate representation of Nerd fame, so please don't be offended if yours is lower than expected. This is just meant for fun"

Surely as the Coulton is a new term anyway, how would you know what to expect, unless by some other measurement you're already more famous than JoCo (ha!), but have less people following you.

P.S. I've put mine on there to be stored now.
  • I wonder how many Coulton's Tom Cruise would have?
  • For some reason I don't think that's Tom Cruise himself. :\

"You've got a way to go, but you're making a good start to becoming an Nerd superstar, measuring at 0.0016 Coultons!"

:)
  • @ Gingerlink: Thanks. The more, the better my geek-chart will look! Did you do it before or after I made it require password authentication?
  • edited May 2008
    I did so too (after password authentication).
  • Hurray!

Regarding using the fact that JoCo follows you, for anyone concerned:

That would require password authentication. I want this tool to be something anybody can use with great ease for any username they like, just for fun. So I'm afraid JoCo cannot increase your nerd fame directly. He can, however, do so indirectly. By being a follower of yours, he is putting you in a potential limelight ;-)
  • I see JoCo has heard of the Coultometer at last.

http://twitter.com/jonathancoulton/statuses/821866998
  • A bit late with this, but I tend to agree with Spiff. Seems like just another thing to worry about having to keep updated to me, and the whole world doesn't need to know where I am or what I'm doing all the time. However, I'm not trying to rain on everyone's parade - if you like it, by all means, keep having fun!

I wonder...Does President Bush have a twitter?...
  • Don't think so, but Barack Obama does.

(DISCLAIMER: if this has already been posted, apologies)
    (DISCLAIMER 2: I'm unsure if this is the correct URL, but Twitter is once again down)
  • Wow, that's pretty cool...funny, actually. Obama's is at least more...realistic (for lack of being able to think of a better word) than Tom Cruise's, though I would guess that his is actually done by his campaign people, not just someone random like TC's seems to be.
  • I agree, Surfercat. :)

• kerrin
    But I think that should be higher, as Mr Coulton is one of my subscribers, that has to be worth something
    *envys kerrin*

(sorry for the grave misspelling hope it is understandable)
  • And then I go and waste the fact by not really twittering.
  • i dont do it so much myself but its mr coulton
  • Angela just linked this topic to me in a tweet. It's true, after dissing the Twitter for so long, I've joined up. For anyone who cares, I'm @spiffworld, 'natch.