Movie Quote Game

Comments

• Bry,
    When life gives you free Lemmons, do us the Curtisy of moving the game forward!
  • Uh- Some like it Hot?
  • Awesome JoAnn!
    Your turn.
  • Phew, I thought we were going to have to wait 9 days!
  • JoAnn, I humbly request you to post a quote I might know. :P
  • It's not the heat, it's the humanity
  • I said one I might know! :(
  • I dont care, I like musicals
  • How about this line from the same film-

"There's going to be a wedding"
  • I guess I've gone and kilt the game...
  • OMG it's Brigadoon!
  • Finally! Your turn JadeSnake!
  • ba weep gra na weep nini bong
  • Transformers: The Movie! Finally, one I actually know.
  • Yep, Phyz, your turn.
  • I can't remember a time when I didn't want to be a police officer. Except for the summer of 1979 when I wanted to be Kermit the Frog.
  • [I apparently have not seen and/or memorized nearly enough movies...]
  • ooh one i Know! Hot fuzz.
  • Yep. So many great quotes from that movie.
  • ok here is my quote... It may seem a little long, but to me it is great and I couldn't break it apart.
    “I must say that if I had the grievous misfortune to be a citizen of this benighted country, I should be the most hesitant of offering any criticism whatever of any other.”

“Wait a minute, are you knocking this country? Are you saying something against America?”

“Against it? I should be positively astounded to hear anything that could be said FOR it. Why the whole bloody place is the most unspeakable matriarchy in the whole history of civilization! Look at yourself! The way your wife and her strumpet of a mother push you through the hoop! As far as I can see, American men have been totally emasculated- they're like slaves! They die like flies from coronary thrombosis while their women sit under hairdryers eating chocolates & arranging for every 2nd Tuesday to be some sort of Mother's Day! And this infantile preoccupation with bosoms. In all time in this Godforsaken country, the one thing that has appalled me most of all this this preposterous preoccupation with bosoms. Don't you realize they have become the dominant theme in American culture: in literature, advertising and all fields of entertainment and everything. I'll wager you anything you like that if American women stopped wearing brassieres, your whole national economy would collapse overnight.”
  • See, now there's a movie that's older than me that I can recognize. :D Look under the big W, and find the answer : "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World".
    "QUIET!"
    "Look, Mother. It's my life. OK. So if I want to live on a beach and walk around naked...” Oh.
  • edited April 2008
    The Muppet Movie

I meant The Great Muppet Caper. Too many muppet movies wandering around in my head.
    We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.
  • Jade got it.

I remember being a kid and seeing the Oscar the Grouch scene:
    Truck Driver: What are you doing here?
    Oscar the Grouch: A very brief cameo.
    Truck Driver: Me too.
    And thinking, Cool! Oscar the Grouch. Then years later as an adult reading that and saying "OMG the Truck Driver was PETER FREAKIN' USTINOV."
  • The Fisher King
  • Wheee!
    New one
    Nobody is looking for a pupetteer in todays wintery economic climate
  • Being John Malkovic?
  • Why? I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone. Now they got the whole country sectioned off, you can't make a move without a form.
  • edited April 2008
    Brazil!

*looking for quote*
    See you Monday. We'll be talking about Freud and why he did enough cocaine to kill a small horse.
  • I find it odd that the only quote I have got so far is from a film I didn't like, yet there are a few films I like that I didn't get.
  • I do that too. Or I'll remember a quote from a movie I've seen once, but won't get a quote from something I've seen many many times.
  • Dead Poets Society?
  • No... but a hint: The lead actor in Dead Poets Society said my quote in a different film.
  • Good Will Hunting, then.
    50-50 for me.
  • In the family jewels?

Broke my heart.

Broke more than your heart, mister.
  • Bah, way to quote two in a row that I know while I was out, and then put up on I don't know. :p
  • MitchO!
    This one's for you.
    Classic '80s, man.
  • It sounds vaguely familiar, but I'm afraid its going to be one of the facepalm moments after the hint and/or someone else says it.
  • Starring a very popular young actor of the '80s who didn't age all that well.
    Still a good actor, I guess. Just hard to look at.
    And. Bill Paxton in what must've been one of his first roles.
  • It's not "Wolfman's got nards!", right? :)
  • Weird Science?
  • Is that supposed to be from the drunk Anthony Michael Hall scene? I don't remember that being the phrase, but it's been a while.

I didn't think he's aged THAT badly ... :p
  • Yes Gle3nn.
    Game on.
  • “I’m not the first guy who fell in love with a girl he met in a restaurant, who then turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist, only to lose her to a childhood lover she’d last seen on a deserted island and who turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground.”

“I know it. It all sounds like some bad movie.”
  • Top Secret!

Next quote-

What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
  • One day I will get one of these...
  • edited April 2008
    "One day I will get one of these..."
    You think? I have accepted I won't, although I keep looking just incase I get one....not that I have a quote to use.

Edited to quote Jon using old fasioned means, as the offical quoting in this thread may be confusing for non-movie quotes.