The Random Post Thread (Game Potential)

edited March 2008 in Everything Else
Well, this was kinda inspired by Paladino's post so I'm gonna suggest that this be the place for completely random comments that ideally shouldn't link in any way, but should still remain coherent and mildly sensical.

This is one of those things that will either go really well or fail miserably...

Comments

• but should still remain coherent and mildly sensical.

on question, how to?
  • But all my comments are nonsenseical... Does that mean I'm limited to this thread?
  • edited March 2008
    How should I know? I guess the two link into each other really, I mean you can't say something like:

"jushduiftbaoydsvcfgbhan hjybalues?" because that's just stupid*, nor would "potato coconut shoe flash" be good since it clearly makes no sense.

*To cover all bases of PC'ness if this actually appears in anyone's language, I apologise greatly or any offense I may have caused. Phew, glad I covered myself there...

ETA:Christaphano(god that's hard without it in front of you...) your comments are sensical, so long as you keep to avoiding the examples (or that thereof) above, then you should be fine.
  • hjybalues is a word
    it means monkey
    in the languishijustmadeup
    *looks inocent*
  • edited March 2008
    Then does "jushduiftbaoydsvcfgbhan" mean "code" or "my"?

BTW, nice language. And I'm failing at my own game! This sucks...
  • edited March 2008
    Jon has become a beardy weirdy.

*I know JoCo has a beard, by he is the exception :)

**This post will make no sense when Jon changes his profile picture...so to explain, he 'photoshoped' a beard on his avatar
  • jushduiftbaoydsvcfgbhan means
    code monkey wake up get coffee code
    in gibberish :P
  • Oh, it's a German like language where words merge in to one?
  • edited March 2008
    made a lousy comment so i just remake it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibberish
  • edited March 2008
    potato coconut shoe flashmini game
    worst part is my mind got it working
  • all your bases?
  • Having fun?

"ooooo, what's in here?? Arrggggggggghhhh"
  • gahahaha my evil trap worked
    your now forced to boost noobs in gnomeregan forever
  • Damn traps.
  • and the mobs has been replaced by goldspamers
  • paladino recives loot: [might of randomness]
  • That sounds like the worst possible thing, boosting noobs in gnomeregan with gold spammers as mobs! AH!
    I understand AQ 40 was worse, but I never made that one.
  • aq 40 is a fun place
  • I heard it was dull, hard, and too big.
  • its hard and big but no not dull
  • Zomg! This turned into a thread about WoW...must resist urge to run to do dailies!
  • The only dailies I do are the drugs. I mean, webcomics. Sluggy ftw.

</steering-thread-away-from-WoW>
  • Non-WoW-related public service announcement:

I beg you all, do not waste your money on the movie "10,000 BC".
  • If I recall, is that the one with humans, sabres and mammoths? And perhaps a dinosaur.
  • edited March 2008
    I was so confused by a TV ad for it, because I was fairly certain that all of the creatures involved could not possibly have coexisted...I remember I started looking it up, but I don't remember what the answer actually was...
  • Yes, but the dinosaur was more of a ... dinosaur-bird fusion. Like a raptor vulture. Actually, don't take my word on that; my attention span was quite weak by that point in the film.

My guess is the producers/director thought, "Let's take a bunch of creatures who were scattered throughout history and average the approximate dates during which they existed... Oh, the final answer is somewhere around 10,000 BC? That sounds great! Let's go with it. And make sure to add lots of dreadlocks and a few really brutal, cro-magnon-looking guys among all of the pretty people."
  • wow related psa: wow owns
  • When I played WoW, I had a Tauren named Phwoar. Tauren are fuzzy. Know what other creatures are fuzzy? Monkeys. Know what's on my shirt? A code monkey. What am I supposed to be doing right now? Studying for my CIW exam. Random post of the day/attempt to steer away from WoW complete.
  • you know one thing i find monkeys in
    wow
  • Whenever you have Alphabet Soup on TV, it always spells something somewhere, I can honestly say that has never happened to me.

And why doesn't Europe have a release date for SSBB yet?!?!?!?!!?!?!!
  • The same reason Rock Band doesn't have any better than "Spring 08" yet. The videogaming industry hates us.
  • ye but blizzard treat us well
  • Most of the time they seem to blame translation delays, but aside from a few "u"'s and "s"' the language is more or less the same...
  • And that's if they bother with those! They should release the game in Britain first, then the rest of Europe after translation, just to get them to speak English. Yes.
  • no sweden first
    and for the sole reason that i am here
  • Because everyone knows English is the better language.
  • ye agree i dont use swedish in games
  • I would, just once, love for them to launch a major game in Europe a few months before America (nothing against American gamers, but we deserve it!) but the industry would never alienate their biggest market like that.
  • edited March 2008
    Mario Kart Wii is coming here before America...Along with Wii Fit(I think)-which I believe to be Nintendo's form of an apology.
  • edited March 2008
    mario kart is good
    but this is suposed to be random so

so wonder if its monkeys in both those games
    and some more monkeys
  • I just woke up from a dream in which I was being chased by an octopus. On land.
  • oh its there it escaped
    *picks up a rocketlauncher*
    well back to the hunt
  • welcome to my secret lair in joco forums
    (please fill in the rest of this parody)
    (one line a day and person)
    (skullcrusher mountain and well you can guess where it is heading)
  • Even though I stopped play MMORPGs years ago, I would still stop and occassionally say "That would be a good name for a " (usually an EQ class). For some reason, Bruce Springsteen songs are a continual source of great names: a Monk named Calliope Crashed, a Bard named Gocart Mozart.

I did have a Gnome Paladin named Gnyght Sweetheart (I won't insult anyone by explaining the multi level punnage), who was created with the sole intent of eating the "Death Touch" that often started attacks on major MOBs. I would rush in and yell "Gnyght Sweetheart ... well, it's time to go!"
  • They don't make good TV like Goodnight Sweetheart any more :(
  • I have no idea how this sentence is going to end and, when it does, if it will make any sort of coherent ceramic pineapple.
  • Uh-oh. muckalarkuary is channeling Paladino.
  • Muckalarkuary is quoting The Daily Show, as she has no thoughts of her own at this time.
  • John Oliver is my favorite ever.