Embarkation times and registration?

edited January 2015 in JoCo Cruise
As many did, I received a communication that our embarkation times were encouraged to be at certain times based on which deck we were on.  Then we received a clarification from THO that said to ignore that.  Thanks Home Office!

However, it occurs to me that we can board any time up until 4PM 3:30PM, but the registration at the conference center runs only until 2 or 3 (depending on which schedule you believe).  If we board after the official JoCo registration is over, where do we go for our badge/stuff?

This is mostly a hypothetical question for us, since we're planning on boarding between noon and 1, but others might be cutting it closer to the wire, especially given travel difficulties caused by the weather.

ETA: the official last time for embarkation has changed.  Thanks to THO for the head's up.

Comments

• Given the massive transportation delays on the East Coast, I would imagine that they'd allow you to parachute onto the boat at any time. ;-)
  • I think that last year, the helper monkeys moved badge-related stuff down to the conference center after registration. I could be wrong, but that would be a logical place for them to have it.
  • Hmm... it was my understanding that registration was going to *be* in the conference center until 2/3, and then it would be transformed into the game room for the duration of the cruise.

• Is there anyway to tell RCI that 11(!) text messages, plus an email, plus a robocall are too much, particularly all at the same time?
  • To anyone who didn't see the email from the Home Office:

We've noticed some guests are receiving text messages, emails and other communications from Royal Caribbean and Independence of the seas, which include suggested embarkation times for this Saturday.

We have events onboard the ship and have confirmed that you may board as you have been planning to.

In other words, please disregard suggested embarkation times sent to you by Royal Caribbean and follow your heart (all guests must be aboard before 4pm).

The Home Office Monkeys