Boardgame Library?

edited December 2014 in Everything Else
I've heard that there was a library  of games that might be ALREADY available to us on the cruise.  Is there any chance of getting a list of games included so that we can adjust the games we bring on board?

Comments

• edited January 2015
    If you go to www.boardgamegeek.com and search for jococruisecrazy, you'll see a "person" who represents all the games that have been pledged to the game room by various individuals.  

I can't seem to make hyperlinks work in this forum but the URL is http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/jococruisecrazy
  • Oops... nevermind... I see that you're already pledging games there....
  • The rumor I heard was that since Steve Jackson games is a sponsor, I did not need to bring Nuclear War/Nuclear Escalation, Hacker, or Illuminati. Likewise it was suggested that very popular games such as Dominion and Pandemic would also likely be there, and that I should focus on obscure games or ones I just can't go a week without. So here is what I think I'm bringing (this allows me to bring a checked medium suitcase and backpack carry on, which makes me happier than bringing a ginormous checked suitcase, though that is still an option):

Aquarius
    Carnival
    Christians and lions
    Chrononauts
    Cosmic Wimpout
    Cthulhu Dice
    Evolve! The Game of Unnatural Selection
    Gemstone
    Get Bit
    Give Me The Brain
    Guillotine
    Hive
    Iota
    Hey That's My Fish
    Lifeboat
    Loonacy
    Lord of The Rings Tarot deck & Card Game
    Martian fluxx
    Plastic playing cards
    Ra
    Stoner Fluxx

Pyramid Primer #1: Rules for 13 games for LOONEY PYRAMIDS (& more!)
    Ice dice
    *Launchpad 23 (board in Ice Dice bag)
    *Pharoah (board in Treehouse bag)
    Treehouse
    Martian Coasters (ziplock bag of coasters + Ice Dice set)
    World War 5 (board and rules sheet in Primer)
    *Martian Chess (need a chessboard + Ice Dice set)
    Zark City (need playing cards plus Ice Dice set)
    *Black Ice (use Treehouse set)
    *Caldera (board in Treehouse bag + Ice Dice set)
    *Icetowers (use Ice Dice set)
    Homeworlds (use Ice Dice set plus Homeworlds cards)
    *Ice House (use Ice Dice set + playing cards)

Cosmic Coasters (Ice Dice set + coasters in ziplock bag)
    Pink Hijinks
    *Zarcana (Ice Dice set + Tarot deck)
    Zendo Cards (use with Ice Dice set)

• Wow! I may hit you up to teach me a game or 2 :-)
  • There was mention of games provided by the HO... that's what I was looking for.   

These games WILL be there already:
    Castellan
    Munchkin Cthulhu
    Munchkin Bites
    Cthulhu Dice (should be many copies)
    Chupacabra

• Dr_Leila you are a majestic gamelord
  • Christina, happy to oblige, anytime (except maybe before noon, I make no promises where mornings are concerned) :-p

Obewan, thanks, I don't need to bring Cthulhu Dice, I wonder what I can pack in the space that frees up? :o)

Snail_rampant (nice handle BTW), well, I am actually an ER/DR, so you can trust me, I'm the doctor ;-)

• Dr_Leila - oh I do trust you!

RE: games to bring - anyone still playing ticket to ride?  If so,I I can bring it - If I leave the box at home it won't be quite so bulky
  • I love Ticket to Ride. Don't get to play it with people much, but I play against the computer sometimes. 
  • I'd recommend bringing games in the box. There will be a huge number of games in the game room, and it will be easier to find games and keep them organized with the box. (Also recommended: label your games. I put a self-adhesive address label on mine. There will be duplicates, and you want to be sure to take the right one home.)

I've seen multiple copies of Ticket to Ride in the game room each year. It's popular among the younger Sea Monkeys.
  • I usually pack creatively and put boxes in boxes. The edition of Dixit I have is great for that.
  • thanks, y'all
  • Nesting is the way to go if you can do it... take out the plastic insert, put components in bags and get a 2nd smaller game in the TTR box :)
  • I'm still trying to decide whether to bring Ticket to Ride or Boxcars; the latter takes about three hours, so would probably only get played in the Jocotels.  

I can bring at least one TTR expansion (Switzerland/India and/or Netherlands) even if I don't bring the base game.
  • If anyone has Mysterium there was a request for it on the FB group.
  • Additions to my list:

Fossil
    Hacker
    Nuclear War/Nuclear Escalation
  • I did my packing today, and managed to fit Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries in my suitcase, along with a couple of other games which I added to the boardgamegeek list.