Ambitious JCCC5 project: make as many shotglasses as I can

edited October 2014 in JoCo Cruise
Hey urrrbudy, I'm the guy who made the steins for the JCCC4. I was so happy that people enjoyed them that I'm doing another project this year. I'm about 2/5 through my incredibly ambitious project: to make hundreds of JCCC5 shotglasses. I know. I KNOW.

There will be 2 types (probably): Captain JoCo and Pirate JoCo. The opposite side will have a ship's wheel with text (no custom text this year unless you donate a bunch of money), and when you flip it over, it becomes a fez!

I'm not taking orders yet, mostly because I don't know how many I will actually make. I'm hoping to make a few hundred, all different colors, probably celadon glazes. Once I have some done, I'll start opening up orders. Once I do, here's the important info:

- I can't float shipping all by myself, so you'll need to pitch in. If you want them delivered to your home (in the US) before JCCC5, you'll be paying probably $15USD. If you want to pick it up at the JoCoTel, it will likely be significantly less for shipping.

- If you don't get it shipped, you'll need to pick it up at the JoCoTel - I don't want to lug all of these around on the boat again. That was not fun.

- The shotglasses are free. I am not charging for them. However, I ask that you donate to the Fishing Cat SSP once they have their donations set up.

- Fishing cats are super cool.

- I don't have a suggested donation amount. I figure if people give what they can, that's what they can afford. Plus they're small, so even a small amount is better than nothing.

I'm always posting my progress on Instagram as liquidsasquatch, so check it out. Thanks!

Comments

• I missed my chance to get a stein but I definitely want a shotglass!  Can't wait to see these! :D
  • You can count me in!   I soak my reeds in shotglasses....with Vodka of course......  :)
  • I love my stein and I will want a shot glass when orders open up.

• I definitely want one!
  • I'd be interested in one of each.
  • I'm super sad we missed out on the steins last year. We'd love to get in on shotglasses this year, though! One of each for me as well, please!
  • So far I have cast 9 of them. Getting closer to actually having 1 done.
  • Yay! prototypes are DONE.

I'm now taking orders, so email me (liquidsasquatch at gmail) if you're interested. I'm capping it at 100 for now.
  • Looking awesome!
  • But for reals, if you want one or two, email me (liquidsasquatch at gmail). Only 25 have been requested so far, and I'm planning to make at least 100.
  • Alarming coincidence: in my spreadsheet of reserved shotglasses, I have 42 of each (pirate JoCo and Cap'm Joco) set aside.

Wonderful thing: I made 121 total. 84 are set aside for folks. Since I typically account for 20% breakage, that means I have 12 more I will feel comfortable promising away.

Boring things:

- I am not taking payment for shotglasses. Please do not pay me for them.
    - I am suggesting that you donate to the Fishing Cat Conservation fund (fishingcatfund.org). My wife and I are passionate about cats and would greatly appreciate it (my wife actually started this project).
    - suggested donation is $15 a shotglass. That's what I would charge, if I charged, but I'm not.
    - this is a suggested donation - give as much or as little as you can. That would be cool of you.
    - shipping costs: please give a few bucks (really, like $2 a cup max) for shipping.
    - don't pay or donate anything until you have the shotglass in your hot little hands. I don't want anyone to be out of pocket before they have something.
    - pickup ideally will be at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel on Jan 30th. We get in on the 29th, and I'll probably just be chilling in a public place with a buttload of ceramics. I will email my location for those who want to swing on by.
    - if you can't find me at the hotel, TS. No no no, we'll figure it out. Ideally I want you to get your pots that first day. hit me up and say "yo goober. Where's my pot?" Or something funnier.
    - please keep in mind these are hand made. The rims may be a little wobbly and warped because of the imbalance of weight for the sculpted pieces, and because they're very thin. It happens with handmade things.
    - people who get to me first get first pick. Not all shotglasses are created equal (tho I tried).

That should cover most things. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • I'm excited, can't wait to see them!