JCCC5 Looking for roommates

edited April 2014 in JoCo Cruise
Roommates found.  I will be changing my pre-booking from a single inside to a Royal Family Suite (FS) and I am looking for a few good seamonkeys (4-5) to enjoy the suite life with for JCCC5.  Feel free to email me [email protected] or I am on the JoCoCruiseCrazy 2015 FB group.

Comments

• edited May 2014
    I am looking for a roommate.  Mine had to back out last minute.  I am looking to get an interior promenade room, willing to go up to an exterior room, but I really did not find the balcony worth the extra cost.  I am generally up til late and wake late-ish.  I do not snore and a fairly sound sleeper.  Nevermind.
  • edited May 2014
    My Returning Monkey friend got back to me and got a room. If he screwed up my requests and it costs more than I can afford or if he starts pissing me off truly royally or being more flakey than I can handle, I might be looking for roomies again. I'll let you all know.

I might need to find a roommate (if my Returning Monkey friend doesn't get back to me re: the room we're supposed to be getting together). If I understand the pricing chart correctly (which I'm pretty sure I don't, but I could be wrong... even though it says double occupancy, that price is per person, right?), I'm looking for a 2nd for a Promenade room. I could be talked into higher rooms that hold more people IF AND ONLY IF I could pay the 3rd or 4th person price. (I'm on disability and the price of my passage is WAY more than I make in a month. I've been saving for this for 9 months now. With the price of the plane trip and the hotel before, I just can't afford more.)

I don't snore (that I know of), and I bring ear plugs. I require reasonable darkness and quiet to sleep. (A little soothing night music is ok.) I can't stand the sound of snoring at all, even the tiniest bit, so if you snore so loud you can be heard through earplugs, it won't work. (CPAP users welcome.)

I go to bed anywhere between 1-3 and am up anywhere between 9-noon, but will probably be going to bed early and getting up early on excursion days. If you want to party, do it elsewhere. (I'll party elsewhere myself.)

I'd like someone I can get to know before the cruise so I feel comfortable sharing a room with you for 8 days. A Returning Monkey would be ideal as I'm new and will only know 2 people on board.

Email this username @ gmail w/ something about the cruise in the subject. (Do NOT ping my Facebook. I never use it.)
  • edited May 2014
    Hi! I'm a new monkey traveling alone and looking for roomies willing to share the cost of a cabin (the cabin doesn't need to be fancy, though it could be). I'd preferably like to book something before the early booking discount expires on the 27th. 

I don't snore and I can make arrangements (ear plugs, etc.) if you do. I sleep best in quiet darkness, don't drink, and will do my best not to disturb the sleep of any fellow sea monkeys sharing a cabin with me. 

If you think we might be able to pool resources and share a cabin, please click on my name and send me a message. I'm looking forward to fun times. :-)
  • FYI:  If any of you that are searching are on facebook there's a JoCo CruiseCrazy 2015 group and people have been making roommate connections over there.  

• Tkael i tried mail not sure if went thru..christinadsparks at gmail.
  • I too am looking for roommates! Will try to message you [email protected]

• edited June 2014

ROOMIE FOUND! THANKS!I am not a Facebook member and oddly prefer not to for a variety of reasons.

Would some kind soul crosspost this to the Facebook page?

Looking for a roomie for G cabin ...FOUND ..THANKS ALL!

Karma.
  • Christina's offer is taken :) I have booked my berth, back off and beware, it's the birth of a new Sea Monkey!
  • Hi. I'm glad that Christina and Dr. Leila connected, but I'm still looking. I'm a friendly 30 yr old guy who will be enjoying first-time sea-monkey status and doesn't snore. If you are looking for a roommate to share a cabin, please message me! With any luck, we might even be great friends by the end of the cruise. ;-D
  • It's starting to look like a friend of mine is going to not be able to come along for JCCC5. I'm starting a roommate search so I can get this all figured out as soon as possible. If I get any takers I'll pester my friend some more to make a decision.

I'm a 31 year old guy who was on JCCC3.

I currently have a PR suite reserved.
    I also plan on reserving a hotel room for Jan 30 once the JCCC5 special hotel links go up Tue 7/22.

@Tkael - I've sent you a message asking if you're still interested.
  • Hi Mike, I've already found a roommate, but if you're not able to find any other roommates within the next little while then drop me a line - we might be able to work some sort of consolidation with the Home Office.

In the meantime, my current roommate won't be participating in JoCoTel and I'd like to have a roommate for JoCoTel (either location is acceptable, if we can agree to split costs evenly). PM sent with an email address so that we can work out the details.
  • Hi! This is for a whole suite, not just roommates! I sadly am not going to be able to make JoCo this year (can't get the vacation off for the whole trip after all), but I do have a room reserved for 4 people (Deluxe Balcony Suite, front). I'm looking for some folks to take over part, if not all of the room spots, so I don't lose the deposits for all 4 spots.

Please message me if you can take at least two of the spots. I'd much prefer to transfer it all, however, so please work to find folks to take all four spots :)

• Anyone looking for an amazing cabinmate or know someone who is? I haven't booked anything, but I'm most interested in the cheaper digs on board. About me: I like art and writings and music (indie rock but other genres too). Turning 30 in a month. I'm friendly and usually keep pretty regular hours (sleep from midnight to 8?). I don't have many fancy pants, but I do like blue sunny days. I promise not to bring any creepy dolls. 

Due to the tight quarters, another lady might be best.

Jess
  • Mellow forty-something male looking for a roommate.  This would be my first JoCo cruise and I have a few friends attending.  Doubt I'd spend too much time in the room, so a low cost choice works for me.

Email me if you're interested.

Brian
  • @riversol - sent you a message
  • I'd be interested in sharing a hotel room in Ft Lauderdale the night before the cruise. Female, 40s, snorer, and not really wanting to pay 250 for one night. Oh, and first time Sea Monkey.
  • I'm a 30s lady with no booking looking for any last minute people who need a bed filled!  I'd be a first timer and I tend to be someone who stays up late/sleeps in but I've been on several cruises and spent little time in the room.  I don't offhandedly know anyone going but I make friends easily and there's probably maxfuncon crossovers I know!  message me if interested!
  • Alright
    guys I need your help I've gone from not being able to go, to full
    speed ahead. First thing though I need to find a cabin mate or an
    available bed to split the cost, I know it's last minute but if anyone
    knows someone whose still not booked and willing to split with an old
    sea monkey like me, I would greatly appreciate it. I want to make this
    happen. Thanks.
  • Hi, throwing my name into the ring to see who still might need a roommate to complete their cabin. I am un-roomed and cabin-less.
  • Update: I booked a G cabin since it was the least expensive cabin available (and I got the last one, according to the booking system). 
  • I've got a cabin for 2 right now but it could fit up to 4. Message me if you might be interested in sharing a category K stateroom on deck 10 with a few other guys.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi all. Mid-30s male multi-Monkey. Crossposted to Facebook.

Offer: 1 bed of a 2 double bed standard room at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina hotel, in on January 30, out on January 31 (the night before cruise departure). Open until claimed.

Request: if anyone has a room available on that Thursday night, January 29th that I can crash in. Bed not required, will pay portion. However, depending on plane fares and scheduling, I may nix this idea.
  • @AdamT, @goodknite and I have crash space at the Embassy for January 29th, if you're still looking.
  • Blue, are you looking for a roommate in your glamorous G cabin?
  • edited January 2015
    Hello - anyone still looking for a roommie?  I'm thinking about this cruise - I'm 41, female and have sailed and cruised before, but never among 800 nerds!  I love the idea of snorkelling by day and D&D by night.  Now, if only they could somehow be combined...  Would probably come early and check out the florida keys.  

Anyway - will leave it to the hands of fate - message me if you have something available.

Roommates found!
  • I realize I'm being awfully last-minutey here...(mostly) harmless, middle-aged ,happy-go-lucky, first-time, solo-flying sea monkey(ette) seeks roomie. I have no cabin. I probably snore, but you can stick a pillow over my face and I won't hold it against you. Or you can just drag me out by my feet and throw me on a deck chair. I can barely afford a Grand Slam at Denny's, let alone a Grand Suite all by my lonesome. If anyone has a spot in a cheap room, let me know!