JCCC4 Official Main Events Schedule

edited February 2014 in JoCo Cruise
SOON™ becomes NOW.

Comments

• And there is much rejoicing!
  • So many karaoke sessions!!! XD
  • edited February 2014
    Oh my gosh... presumedly-free drinks before the safety drill (that should end well!), the fancy pants parade at a Dr. Who movie night (last year's winner would've been perfect! They were dalek pants), the opening band on the fourth day, four acts (including three that have never before been on JCCC) on the second day, during which we'll probably be decked out in formalwear, fezstravagant live band karaoke, and... Management Q&A? Is that like Performer Q&A, or is it different? I hope we still get to ask the performers questions that are not about management. Lots of good things happen at Q&A.

Note to self: wear swimsuit under fancy pants (last year the pool/movie party was right after a formal night, and I'd wished I'd worn a swimsuit under my gown.)
  • Alas, Paul confirmed on Facebook that there was no time in the schedule for Performer Q&A. Management Q&A is exactly what it sounds like: Home Office (JoCo, Scarface, Paul & Storm) answering questions about cruises past, present and future.
  • edited February 2014
    Nooooooooooo! Well, at least by now we should be able to find out more about the future cruise JCCC10, which was rumoured to take place on the moon, during Peter Sagal's quiz show, IIRC.

Other possible questions:
    Which was your favourite cruise? Be honest.
    My extrapolation indicates that next cruise, we won't have the schedule until three weeks after the cruise is over. Will you be providing time distortion devices so that we can consult the schedule during the cruise?
    Will JCCC ever be a land-based convention? (They've already given a definitive no on this somewhere on the forums, but it still gets asked)
    Will Tig Notaro join us next cruise?
    Which is worse, RCI cheese plate, or HAL key lime pie?
    Can you make the time distortion devices powerful enough that the cruise lasts forever?
    Can we put a ship in a giant sea of playpen balls next time?
    Will the entire eighth day of the next cruise be devoted to performer Q&A?

Okay, I'll stop now.
  • edited February 2014
    I have copied event details into Google Calendar, for anyone who's into that sort of thing. Here are links:

XML: https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/[email protected]/public/basic
    ICAL: https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/[email protected]/public/basic.ics
    HTML: https://www.google.com/calendar/[email protected]&ctz=America/New_York

Let me know if there are any bugs!

If you want to add this to your list of available calendars in the Google Calendar web interface, either hit the button in the bottom right of the HTML view, or use this link: https://www.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
  • FYI, for those beta-testing CruiseMonkey, I have put the official schedule into the test database.
  • Great! I don't recall from last year, is there any sort of collected shadow cruise schedule anywhere?
  • Brett's not coming this year so the land-based question might not (again) get asked.

MY question for management: If regulations prevent us (even next year) from getting a room full of lots of little balls, what about a few BIG ones instead? Like, say, this: 

http://www.vat19.com/dvds/giant-inflatable-soccer-ball.cfm
  • @arenson9 THO stated that the Unofficial Schedule may be posted sometime mid-next-week. :)
  • I'm pretty sure we had the most official unofficial events on the schedule at registration last year. I rely on people and the game room board for updates, as a forgoer of the wireless.
  • edited February 2014
    I actually was not the one who asked about a land-based con on last year's cruise! Still would like to do something one year, though, if JoCo and/or P&S would be willing to be guests.

@angelastic Wouldn't a lunar con be land-based... even if it were in the Sea of Tranquility (because it's not really a sea)?
  • Nope, as the ship would be the place we'd all be, we would certainly visit the land...but the main action will still be on the ship.
  • edited February 2014
    I would hope that by that time there would be at least a lunar resort if not a city. Hopefully with good restaurants. (Maybe they'd even serve Lunar Cheesecake.)
  • I know I saw this last year, but now I cannot find it anywhere. To whom do we speak about hopefully getting a space reserved for the Shadow Cruise events (last minute, I know, but it turns out the JoCo Blowholes *shall* return, and it would be cool if we could reserve a practice space)
  • @Jenipurr - I am the human you seek.

At this point, I'd suggest you look at both the Official and Official Unofficial schedules, pick a time you'd like to try for either while we're in-port or in the evening, and email me about it. Space before 6pm on at-sea days is very, very hard to come by. Everything is full.

My email is my handle at my handle dot net.
  • @rhaje - Thank you! Email sent.