Sex Nerd Workshops?

edited February 2014 in JoCo Cruise
Howdy All! I'm Sandra, host of the podcast Sex Nerd Sandra on Nerdist. I'm stoked to be on the boat for the first time! I'm inspired by this shadow cruise action and I'm wondering, "Would anyone want to attend some mini sex & relationship workshops during the cruise?"

So, first question: YES OR NO? 

There's so much going on already. I'm happy to just chill for the week, but I also love this community action going on here. Just so you know, I teach fun, silly classes on love stuff, oral stuff, butt stuff… a lotta stuff. I love to nerd out and share what I know. If you think folks might be interested, I have questions I'd adore your thoughts on:
  • STYLE: Would pre-announced workshop topics be helpful? I could also make it a Q&A. I thought of hosting a podcast, as it'd be the silliest of funs, but I don't know about what PA equipment is available for shadow cruisers.
  • WHO ARE WE?: Are there a lot of single folks on the boat? Couples? Barely legals??? A crazy heterogenous mix of Doctor Who fans, Maybe? 
  • TIME: I don't know how to schedule around all the other good stuff. My thoughts were about hosting a Midnight Monkey hour. Or is this more of an early worm crew? As long as we can ask anyone under 18 years old to vamoose.
And of course, I'm always happy to answer questions or make a friend. Just say hi. I'm a total introvert, so if you're shy, don't worry. So am I. 

Okay. I wanna know what's in your brains, Sea Marvels. TELL ME YOUR BRAINS! 

High five, 

Sandra

Comments

• YES PLEASE!
  • YES!

STYLE: Q&A would be fun. Although many of us are pretty open, an anon Q&A (like in high school) might be a good way to handle that one. Podcast is definitely doable and has been done.

WHO ARE WE?: I think that nearly all statuses (single, monogamous, poly, LGBTQIA) are represented. The vast majority of Sea Monkeys are adults, and we approach "middle-aged" far more than "barely legal." 

TIME: The cruise is structured to accommodate a night owl schedule. If you had a Midnight Monkey hour, people would attend AND it would not be the last event of the night.

SO EXCITED!
  • Excellent, answers, @Blue!
  • Hi Sandra, welcome! I am not likely to attend a workshop, but I can answer some of your logistics questions!

Style: I like @Blue's answer, but I'd add that while many people have done podcasts on the cruise, it is up to the podcaster to supply equipment. If you manage to book a room through the Shadow Cruise event signup, you may be able to request microphones or a projector, but I believe recording the event is up to you. Joseph and Sara Scrimshaw may have advice on that front.

If you'd like to request PA equipment or be on the official Shadow Cruise schedule, the signup link is here: https://jococruisecrazy.com/users/jccc4-shadow-cruise-events/

Time: There are a few early birds on the ship, but the vast majority would be more likely to attend a midnight event. (:
  • Thanks for the answers @Blue & @chicazul! My primary thought was sharing some fun workshops. It's good to know midnight is better than early! BRING ON THE SEX NERD WAR CRY! FRUITY DRINK UMBRELLAS AND LAUGHTER!!!
  • That sounds awesome! I really enjoy your podcast, so it would be great to hear one in person if it's feasible.
  • Already mentioned on FB, but I'm sold.
  • Yes please!