Favorite album?

edited January 2014 in Everything Else
I found myself listening to all the Coulton music I have on shuffle today (in prep for the cruise!).

I've found that I am really, really digging the songs from Artificial Heart. Am I alone? Is this Coulton's best album so far?

Comments

• I adore Artificial Heart, on many levels. :)
  • edited February 2014
    Thing a Week Four has some of my all time JoCo favorites on it so it would definitely be in contention with Artificial Heart for me (which ALSO contains some of my all time favorites). "I can't make decisions! I'm a president!" When it comes down to it, I think Artificial Heart wins by a hair. There a few songs on TaW4 that I will almost always skip when they come 'round on the iPod (We Will Rock You, We Are the Champions). There are no such songs on Artificial Heart. Also because I DID just get to play "Good Morning Tuscon" while actually IN Tuscon over MLK weekend!
  • I think that Artificial Heart comes across as an comprehensive entity, an actual album. Whereas the Thing A Week tracks were not planned as such. For me, it makes such a difference.
  • Personally, I tend to be more into the solo singer-songwriter stuff in general, so I have at least a soft preference for much of the pre-Artificial Heart stuff, but I certainly don't dislike Artificial Heart and have no specific criticism of it. I very much enjoy many of those tracks as well.

• Speaking of which: This message board has so much become a JCCC hangout that there's almost nothing here about JoCo's current creative efforts! When I saw Jonathan in Brooklyn this January (during a break in the taping of AMA), he said he was writing and recording, but I have heard nothing about him play-testing any of the material. Anyone seen or heard anything?