JCCC4: Wine Sharing Program

edited January 2014 in JoCo Cruise
As there are a lot of people sad about the wine selection in the group, we need to find workarounds to the silly restrictions on how many bottles of wine you can bring on board.  Maybe you just want to pretend to be Han Sol.

Chicazul has created a great signup thingy that will end up sorting people out with fellow pirates to get their extra booze onto the ship.  Please sign up if you have space in your bag and are not using your allotment of 2 bottles per cabin.  Please sign up if you wish to bring extra wine and need a friend to help carry it.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MMPH_Csno5nbGYWYjXMwfbfJpPFrBzKaX8e3Oqobc6E/viewform

Comments

• Thank you for sharing the link @isildur42!
  • edited January 2014
    Hooray, sharing!
  • wording fixed.
  •  I spoke at length with a friend's parents who have cruised a lot and have schemes upon schemes.  Well, three schemes.  But they made me laugh and wonder if they worked.  Let's try them!
    1. Bring box wine.  Put one in your checked luggage, and bring one in your carry-on (boat, not airplane, of course).
    2. Get a 12-pack of coke, and take out the coke cans.  Put Tecate in there instead.  The cans are red and won't be noticed.  Repeat as necessary.
    3. Save your snapple bottles.  Fill them with the brown liquor of your choice and reseal them.

• RCI only allows Wine bottles, no other drinks, not water, not soda, so other than the box wine...which might work... those aren't gonna help us here...
  • Last year I bought a case of bottled H2O at walmart and slapped a luggage tag on it.  I figured if it made it to the cabin, great.  If it didn't, I was out less than $5.  It made it to the cabin. :)

• Stupid wine-bringing question.  How and where do you pack it?  Checked luggage?  Carry-on?  Bottles wrapped in multi layers of underwear?
  • Checked or carry on, and last year they didn't keep a tally of how many went to each stateroom. I'm hoping to take advantage of that this year with 2 bottles in my checked bag and 2 carried on.
  • Is this still happening?