Shuttle service and Saturday 22 feb

edited January 2014 in JoCo Cruise
We (1 couple) will be arriving into miami international airport at 17:20 on Friday 21 feb. Is anyone else arriving around 630pm or so ? If so, we can all get a shuttle to the embassy suites hotel in Fort Lauderdale? We will be arriving from London so we are likely to be in a long immigration line. Joy :)
And has anything been arranged for the sea monkeys on the following day, sat 22 feb? Would be good if we could meet up with our fellow travellers!

Comments

• Someone started a Google Docs to help plan with ride sharing:  JCCC4 SeaMonkey Migration Chart  You might find someone arriving around the same time there.

I think there is a party of sorts planned for the hotel on the 22nd, but I don't know details and I can't find where it was mentioned.  I'm looking forward to meeting a few people before boarding also!
  • Thanks mizzie!
    Seems like everyone is arriving in FLL. Sounds like the best idea.
  • @Ray298 Were we on the same flight last year? I think we were! :) I only fly in Saturday, so you won't have to put up with me during the immigration wait again. ;)
  • Hey, it looks like I'm getting into FLL at the exact same time as Beth and Shane, on two totally different airlines! What a coincidence!
  • Will Embassy have a shuttle to get to the ship or do people tend to share cabs and such? (I'm tempted..almost..to rent a limo and split costs with others!)
  • Embassy does have a shuttle to the port...  $7-8 pp if I recall.  I also believe it has been demonstrated that sharing a taxi might be cheaper pp.
  • We are planning on going to the Florida Renaissance Festival that Saturday. We'll be renting a car to facilitate getting there, so we can take a couple of people with us if anyone's interested. Or we can caravan or meet up there if anyone else is doing the same. (We used to live in Fort Lauderdale, so we can say from experience that it's a pretty good faire.)