JCCC4: Anyone Interested in More Dance Lessons?

edited January 2014 in JoCo Cruise
Hi all

I posted this in the JCCC4 Facebook page, but figured I'd post here too.

As we all know, this cruise is amazing and totally awesome. It's also getting bigger and more full every year--meaning there is more and more to do and much less time to do it in (especially with one fewer day this trip).

The past three JCCCs, I've taught a dance class in Swing and One-Step, and I'm happy to do so again this year, if people are (still) interested in the class. This would (still) be a beginner class, so if you have absolutely no dance experience, have no fear, I can get you moving (as long as you're willing).

(If you're interested in something more advanced, let me know, and perhaps we can work something out for that too, either individually or if enough others are interested...)

SO, I'm writing here to get a sense of how much interest there is in my teaching another class this year. I've been very fortunate to have a good turnout the past years (Thank you!), so hopefully you know I'm a decent teacher (and if you don't know, perhaps others can vouch for me). Once I see what kind of interest there is, I can try to reserve a space on the Shadow Cruise.

If you'd like to learn something other than swing/one-step, let me know, but those two dances are the most accessible to JoCo's music. :)

So, anyone interested in another dance class this year?

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Yes! As someone who used to swing dance regularly, but doesn't anymore, I very much enjoyed your class last year. Maybe something more advanced would be nice too, but I don't dance with anywhere near enough regularity to really remember much of anything I learn. It's a problem.

Something that I think would be particularly awesome is a beginner class, followed by an hour or two of open dancing to a selection of JoCo tunes and songs from other artists (assuming we can get a long enough time block in a suitable space).
  • My wife and I have taken the occasional swing lesson, and would love to have a refresher.
  • I'd like to.

Why do I suspect there will always be several things I want to do going at the same time...all the time? :-)
  • Thanks @hendusoone. To be honest, I don't dance as much as I used to anymore either, but hopefully I'll be in enough shape to teach the class. :) I'd love to do some more advanced stuff too, like some basic Lindy Hop, and I love the idea of an open session for dancing, but I kinda doubt we'll be able to get the room for that long. I'll request it though, and see what happens.

And you're right, @Sparky1961, there will be a ton of things we'll want to do all happening at the same time. It's a con on a boat, after all. :)
  • I would be interested in beginner class.

• edited January 2014
    I would be interested in a beginner class. The only time I ever took a lesson was at a friend's birthday party and we did Lindy; this was possibly five or seven years ago?

Also, if there's an area of the dance floor during the formal night or DJ party where we can swing while everyone else does other dances, that would also be fun.
  • I'm interested, and @Ladybeard's +1 :-)
  • My wife & I would be interested. She loves to dance, and I am very poor at it. Perfect time to learn!
  • Depending on the schedule, I'd be interested in a refresher
  • Hi y'all

Sorry for not being on the forums much lately, but thanks for your interest. I've applied for space on the shadow cruise and it looks like my lesson will be first thing Monday morning! (Hopefully I'm allowed to announce this.) We'll be in the Labyrinth on Monday morning at 9:30. Hopefully it's early enough in the week that we won't all be too exhausted, and that way we'll have the whole week remaining to use what we learn in class! :)

So I hope y'all will join us. See you very Soon(tm)!

• Yay I'm interested!