JCCC4 - Site Inspection Questions?

edited December 2013 in JoCo Cruise

Just like last year, we'll be going on the site inspection cruise in mid-December. (This is where the Management must take on the TERRIBLE OBLIGATION of cruising the same itinerary a couple months before the actual cruise—to meet with the ship's personnel; go over the planned JCCC4 schedule, technical and logistical needs in detail; etc.)

If you have any specific questions about the ship itself and/or our ports of call that you'd like answered—the different restaurants/spaces/stores, questions about room types and amenities, etc. please send them our way via this handy-dandy Google form:

http://bit.ly/JCCC4Questions

NOTE: this is intended for questions relating specifically to the ship, ports of call, cruiseport, etc., and NOT for questions about JCCC4 events/policies. You can ask JCCC-specific questions right here in the forums.

Also, many questions were asked and answered last year; we posted them all here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjtpXO5aUf4gdFVIRldYb0VtbDVYZWJKQ3NwbW5RX2c#gid=0. While those questions were about the Freedom of the Seas, this year's ship, the Independence of the Seas, is the Freedom's sister ship, and is identical in most ways. So you might want to take a look at the old questions to see if yours has already been answered.

Thanks,

The Home Office

Comments

• it bums me out a little when i see kate say "YAY!!" and i can't 'like' it. harumph. 
  • Any way we could see what questions were asked? Im facinated.
  • Most of the questions, and their answers, will be posted after the site inspection. Not all of them, though, because some of the questions deal with projects that SeaMonkeys are working on for other SeaMonkeys, and knowing the answers would spoil the fun. :-) Knowing the questions might, too.

I think most of the pressing questions were answered in last year's list, because there are significantly fewer questions this time around. 

I did my best to send them on a whiskey/whisky hunting expedition. Visiting all of the bars for us is important work.
  • Yes. It's important that the Overindulgence of the Seas have plenty of whiskey. ;-)
  • @rhaje thank you. I was rather disappointed in the whisky selection last year (but the bourbon selection was pretty decent). I don't think the selection will be much different on a different ship in the same fleet and class, but sending Drunk Storm on a whisky-hunting expedition should have interesting results anyway!
  • Overindulgence of the Seas. I like it.
  • edited December 2013
    I heard a few different nicknames for Freedom of the Seas, including "Fleabag Motel of the Seas..." so it makes sense to continue the trend with this year's ship. Also suggested for this year, in offline conversations, were "Insolence of the Seas," "Insolvency of the Seas," and "Inebriation of the Seas."
  • I wonder if we can rename the cupcake corner Robert Sea Baker.
  • edited December 2013
    @Angelastic ; I heartily second that one.    That'll be a quarter, Dave
  • Does this mean the cupcakes will be bite-sized, breaded, and deep fried?
  • edited December 2013
    I'm still puzzling over the meaning of 'That'll be a quarter Dave'. Here are the possibilities I've come up with:
    • That'll be one of Dave Matheson's limbs
    • That'll be an obscure way of tying a tie that is less impressive than a half Windsor
    • That'll be one quarter the distance to Davey Jones's locker
    • That must be a prisoner named Dave
    • That'll be the Wendy's rank equivalent to quartermaster
    • That'll be a guy named David I used to know who was sometimes called the queen of his quarter (neighbourhood) of Geneva
    • The answer to the question, 'What'll you call Zunior Dave (a.k.a. Dave Ullrich) if he takes over [the music venue where several Zunior artists play] Viertel?'
    • (with the addition of a comma) Dave should pay twenty-five cents

ETA:

• A non-rhotic spoonerism for 'That'll be a daughter cave', because someone's daughter will spend all her time in the cupcake shop.
    • That'll be a quarterdeck for Dave.
    • It would have been an eighth Dave, but because you'll second it, that'll be a quarter Dave.
    • Dave has eight hearts. If you heartily second something, it's like you have two hearts, which is a quarter Dave.
    • Autocorrect for an attempt at 'a great name' written 'qarreat gabe'

But most of these possibilities refer to somebody named Dave, and I'm not sure what that has to do with the cupcake shop. Perhaps there is a Dave Sea Baker which makes full-sized cakes. Perhaps it's a placeholder name.

• @Angelastic I think the phrase, properly translated for non-Americans, is "That will be a crotchet, Dave."
  • Oh! Like a quarter note? Yes! That... still doesn't mean much to me! But perhaps it's a pun on Davy Crocket that was translated to US English by babelfish (is that still around? Whatever happened to AltaVista, anyway? Oh, wow, it was still going until earlier this year, apparently) or Google translate.
  • As long as the message means something to Dave, that's all that matters.

On another (quarter) note, AltaVista simply got a bit too Alt.
  • See what you've started Oboewan...AltaVista discussions...AltaVista!
  • "I'm sorry, Dave; I can't do that."
  • edited December 2013

@isildur42 ; do you want to 'splain or shall I?  Or shall we just let it gestate like a game of Telephone?

• You just ate like a game of telephone?
  • @Oboewan and @isildur42 are secretly having a mystery telephone baby together? Is a telephone baby like a tamagochi for iPhones?
  • Telephone baby = Micro-phone
  • edited December 2013
    Spanish dictator baby telephone = Franco-phone
  • Wouldn't that be a Spanish dictator telephone?

When the telephone baby grows big enough not to be thrown back, it could be hooked-on-phonics.
  • If "Ed" is the baby's first name and Ed's parents were worried about his social activities, Ed's friends could taunt baby Ed with "Phone home, ET!"
  • edited December 2013

@srdownie ; That'll be a quarter, Dave!

• I also think that either we should table this discussion or move it outside of the Site Inspection thread.....
  • Hey! You edited the first 'That'll be a quarter Dave!' post and added a comma! Now most of my guesses don't make sense any more!

(I agree, but where in Dave's name would we move this discussion to? The random post thread?)
  • Then you'd be able to say, "Dave's not here!"
  • edited December 2013
    Are you saying this discussion deserves better quarters?

Isn't jonathancoulton.com the site under inspection?
  • edited December 2013
    I thought it was the Indigestion of the Seas.
  • edited December 2013

@Angelastic I was just narrowing your guesses down...

Random Post thread seems most appropriate.....

@srdownie ; That'll be another quarter, Dave.

• edited December 2013
    For the Home Office-   are the Sea-Monkey exclusive excursions being decided pre or post the inspection cruise? 
  • @Oboewan: mostly during, actually.

P
  • I have a question for the site inspection cruise: Is it a good idea to share your YouTube password?
  • Paul's response:

• Now that The Home Office has returned from the site inspection cruise - I am eagerly awaiting more info! YAY!
  • Were the answers posted already? Did I miss it?
  • Dark Helmet: What happened to then?

Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.

Dark Helmet: When?

Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.

Dark Helmet: Go back to then.

Colonel Sandurz: When?

Dark Helmet: Now.

Colonel Sandurz: Now?

Dark Helmet: Now.

Colonel Sandurz: I can't.

Dark Helmet: Why?

Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.

Dark Helmet: When?

Colonel Sandurz: Just now.

Dark Helmet: When will then be now?

Colonel Sandurz: Soontm.

• That was now; this is Zen.
  • 'We have advised the F&B folks that our crowd appreciates quality "brown liquors.'

'We've advised the ship as to which beers Sea Monkeys prefer, and have also requested a couple of beers that they don't ordinarily stock.'

You really are just the best kind of people.

• @rhaje You might want to make the A's read only.  It can be a little tough reading the spreadsheet when it gets reformatted halfway through.  :)
  • @Grimoire Thanks for the heads-up. I got alerted to it via a Facebook comment about a minute before your post, and made the change. Minor oversight. This time... :-)
  • I hope I didn't change something...if I did, it was not intentional!
  • My kingdom for a peaty scotch on the boat.
  • @Kathleen: It's all in RCCL's (well, more specifically, the Independence's F&B manager's) hands now, I suspect. Certain Things have been requested.

Certain Things may or may not make an appearance regardless, but <Gump> that's about all I got to say about that.  </Gump>
  • As I passed the request up the chain, I made sure the word Islay was in there... now it's up to F&B to trust in our collective consumption. :-)