Creator of Vid A Week Making an Urban Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Rom-Com Indie Movie

edited November 2013 in Everything Else
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've been to these forums, but I was hoping some of you might still remember me. A few years back I did a summer project called Vid A Week in which, inspired by Thing A Week, I made a new Jonathan Coulton music video in a different style every week for 11 weeks straight. To this day I've made 13 Jonathan Coulton music videos, and you can still watch all of them on my YouTube page here. You were all very supportive during that project, so I thought I'd come back and let you know about what I'm working on now.

This past summer I directed a completely original independent film (not based on any JoCo songs this time, sorry!). I funded the production with my life savings and managed to snag an amazing cast and crew willing to work for cheap just based on their passion for their work and for the project. We just launched a Kickstarter to try and get the film through post production, and it would mean a lot to me if you guys would check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot, guys. I really appreciate it!

All the best,

Jason

Comments

• Sounds like a pretty cool film! Hey, as someone who's obviously done a lot of stuff inspired by JoCo, maybe you would like to participate in JoCo's birthday present this year. We're just collecting short clips of people holding up signs saying what difference JoCo has made in their lives.
  • Hi Angela,

Thank you so much for backing the project. It really means a lot to me. I'd love to participate... I just skimmed the thread you linked to, and it sounds like a great idea. My schedule right now is a bit wonky, but I'll try my best to get a clip in before November 30.

Best,

Jason
  • edited December 2013
    The trailer is now online!