JCCC4 - Hug Me Tags v.2.0 #BallPit - Now Available!

edited November 2013 in JoCo Cruise
Hug Me Tags v2.0!  They are now available for purchase!  The new tags are considerably more solid this year and less prone to coming undone.  As such, the price has gone up, and I will be shipping these out (to US SeaMonkeys at least).  They now cost $3 including shipping (or have them delivered to your cabin on the boat!), but the proceeds will go to the Human Rights Campaign and the Electronic Frontier Foundation.  Please order your Hug Me Tag today :)

ORDER HERE!

Are you one of those people that likes to receive hugs, but are otherwise socially awkward?  Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to advertise this desire to be hugged, without looking like a big perv?  Well, now there is!

Hi!  Billy Mays here for....sorry...Rachel Riley here for Hug Me Tags!  Made of durable chainmail armor, your Hug Me Tag will not only advertise that you like hugs, it will protect you from arrows that are fired directly at the spot behind the tag (protection from arrow not guaranteed).  Available in your choice of over 19 colors!  But that's not all, order right now, and your tag can be hand delivered to you on the cruise!  In fact, that offer is good until the cruise begins!

The tag comes with a clip, this clip can be used to attach your tag to your cruise badge!  It is removable, for those times you don't want to be hugged; they are also waterproof, for those times that you do (wink).

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Ooo, that looks really cool.  How are they to be attached / worn?
  • Ooh! They look pretty and perhaps more visible than the old ones. There was a conversation on facebook where people agreed the hug tags needed to be more visible. I hung my old one from my bag after the cruise (just in case a wild sea monkey would appear and use a hug attack) and it's now lost two of its three rings.
  • Ooh, pretty! Guess I'll have to get some nipple rings so they can match.
  • The hole in the centre of the ball pit hug tag looks quite small. Maybe the lanyards could be passed through them and the hug tags would hold the lanyards closed for some distance, so the lanyard would form a Y rather than a V, and it would be easy to see even from a distance, no matter what position the nametag was in (they could easily cover the JCCC3 hug tags) that a person liked hugs.
  • Yay! We never managed to connect to pick up our hug tags last time. Will definitely get some.
  • I will have to experiment with that idea Angela, but perhaps it could work, may influence how many rings I use (it can be as loose or tight as I need it to be...).
  • Neat! I'm totally down for some ballpit themed tags!
  • I'm in for two.
  • Ha! Does anyone remember Chinese Jacks? I used to play with them when I was a kid. This new hug me tag looks like a miniature version of those.
  • I am considering using this as an opportunity to raise funds for charity.

How would people feel about the tags costing $2?  That will include shipping and all the proceeds will go to charity.  The increase in price is necessary to take the increase cost of production, and I feel it will be less painful if the charity aspect is there; that also allows me to ship them BEFORE the cruise, so I am not passing them out the entire time rather than enjoying myself or relaxing.

I am leaning toward the following 2 charities at the moment, Electronic Frontier Foundation and Human Rights Campaign.  They are both near and dear to my heart, and I may just pick both and split the money.
  • edited November 2013
    HRC is a good group. Wouldn't recommend EFF; they already get plenty of money from Google and serve as a lobbying shop for it (and against artists' rights).
  • I'm perfectly fine with the price.  I wasn't on the last cruise, so I don't know what they looked like or what the cost was, but when I saw the design I was actually expecting quite a bit more than $2.
  • Due to poor planning/research, the cost of shipping is more than anticipated.  I will still honor all existing orders, but have had to increase the price to $3 to make sure the charities get anything... In addition, I am offering delivery to your cabin on the boat.
  • EFF is a tremendous organization well worth supporting, and I applaud Isildur42 for including them. 
  • Still accepting orders!