Vaccinations for JCCC4

edited October 2013 in JoCo Cruise
Given our destination locations, here are the vaccinations recommended by the CDC:

All Travelers:  
Standard vaccinations - MMR, flu, chickenpox, etc

Most Travelers:
Hep A, Typhoid, Malaria

Some Travelers:
Heb B, Rabies, Yellow Fever

Comments

• Please make sure to read the fine print on each of these.  I'm not against getting vaccinations, but unless you choose to engage in certain behaviors, you do NOT need to get a shot or pills. 

We will be setting sail before the mosquitoes that carry certain diseases come out.  If you eat RCCL-provided drinks and food, you don't need to counter the food-borne diseases.

You planning on getting a tattoo?  Enjoy your shots!
    You eating jerked chicken from the street vendor in Jamaica? Enjoy your shots! ;)
    You planning on petting dogs running around on the streets?  Enjoy your series of shots!
  • edited October 2013
    Before JCCC3, which went to much lower risk islands, I got all of the above except rabies just to be sure... because you can be infected with some of them on the ship itself if a food service employee or passenger has them. Hepatitis A and typhoid in particular can be passed on by anyone who touches food.

I enjoyed my shots. And also the capsules. (I got the oral typhoid vaccine because it contains actual living organisms, delivered to the gut.)
  • I have to get all of them except rabies (my previous shots expired) for my world tour business trip...  can you tell I'm not looking forward to them???  My left arm was sore for 2 weeks from the shot that went in between the ball joint... I can't remember if that was typhoid or yellow fever.

Malarone has to be started before you start the trip and kept on after you leave.  Nasty side effects.