JCCC4 Humble Indie Photographer Bundle

edited October 2013 in JoCo Cruise
Hey all. 

I floated this idea on the Faceyspaces to see if there was an interest and it appeared that there was so I will bring it over here and make it official.

I am planning on doing a kind of photography project on the boat this time.  As a Pro-Hobbyist photographer, I love taking and processing pictures, but don't often get paid for doing it.  Mostly because I enjoy it and I love seeing the expressions on folks faces when I can capture a special moment.  I know that there are LOTS of on board cruise specific photogs roaming around that are happy to snap a quick pic and post it to their gallery for you to plop down $20 for.  I don't want to necessarily take work away from them, but, instead provide a service directly to our group.

So here is how it works:
1: Contact me somehow on the boat (Twittarr, In person, Smoke signals, etc) and tell me when/where you want me to take pictures.
    (Want that "King of the world" shot?  I can do that (Though I reserve the right to roll my eyes and silently judge you)) 
    I'll have a contact/appointment sheet on my tablet and/or phone to track all the events/info.  
2: I'll show up and take your picture.  I will try and have as much of my good gear for lighting and such with me so we can get some great shots.
3: Time permitting, I can process your photo either right in front of you, or sometime on the cruise
4: You can see me with a USB stick and I will give you the soft copy of your shot right then and there OR Using your contact info, I will send you the pics soon after we dock.
5: All photos will be uploaded to Flickr after the cruise under the Creative Commons License (Unless otherwise agreed upon #sexparty)
6: (The best part) Pay me whatever you want/feel is fair.  Buy me a beer (cider preferred), slip me a fiver, love me enough to give me a Benjamin, or even make it rain.

The goal is to have fun with a hobby I love and you guys get some great pictures in return. 

So......  Whatcha think?

Comments

• That seems like a very cool offer.
  • Even though I will have my camera with me as well, I think this is a fantastic idea.  I will probably contribute just to be a part of it!
  • Closer to Feb I will probably outline some standard packages to make it easier for folks to request.  Any thoughts on this would be a help.

Things like:
    Standard head shot
    Group shot (Location specific background, i.e.hot tub, beach, sun-deck)
    You with a JoCo Guest shot (Dependent on availability of guest, best to grab me and drag me over to them)
    Special Category: Photobombed by a Wheaton.

• #sexparty
  • Special Category #2: #Sexparty
  • You sir take some lovely photos!
  • Thanks!
    There was some talk about doing "Senior Class" type photos (think about your cheesy prom photographs).  It's certainly something we can do.  With some help from folks for props and backdrops we may be able to set up something in the Game room (in a corner or something) or I can schedule a time/day to do some stuff out on one of the decks.

I am going to work up a sign up sheet and package list.  Hopefully there won't be too much a demand that I won't be able to do other cruise stuff.

And as is always the case, if you see me around the ship, just grab me and tell me to take a picture.  98% of the time I will have my camera with me.
  • It's probably possible to schedule prom pictures in front of the ball pit, maybe on one of the formal nights. It probably wouldn't be in use then, and it would be largely out of the way, so you wouldn't have to deal with the general noise and bustle of the game room.

Or, maybe someone in the Presidential Suite would be willing to set up a time to do pics in there. I'm sure there are some excellent backgrounds. :-)

Just some ideas.
  • Heehee. Ball pit senior pictures!
  • Hi! That was me with the Senior Picture idea! I love the prom picture idea, too! EEE! You guys, have I mentioned how much I love the entrepreneurial can-do-itiveness of the people who go on this trip? I do. I love it. I love that overwhelmingly our motto should be "Okay, sure, why not?"

• I think I'll plan on Prom Pictures and if you guys want specific "Senior Class" pictures we can just schedule it.

I'll probably take an hour or two on one of the formal nights and set up somewhere off to the side to take the Prom Pictures.

Cheesy Pose is MANDATORY!!!
  • Hmmm, it will be hard to grab you without either knowing your name (as it will appear on your badge) , or knowing what you look like without a camera covering your face! ;)
  • Once we get closer to the cruise I will make sure that everyone knows what I look like and how to contact me.  Safe to say at this point tho, I'll be the guy in a Batman shirt carrying a big camera everywhere.

Last year I was the guy who wore the Batman Bathroom all day on one of the sea days.  I have purchased enough batman shirts to last me all cruise (and then some)

Also, I may try and get a corner of the Daily Monkey-Gram to add details (and maybe a picture of the day if they have room/ink) 

My Twittarr will be just like everything else: @Wizzer2801 and my name is Steve Petrucelli.
  • Hey guys!

Just a friendly bump for anyone who may be new to the Cruise forums.  This is totally happening!!! See you guys in just over a month!
  • I would love at least one "senior prom" or whatever picture of me and my husband and maybe one or two other shots of us together outside in the sun or near the pool because his family won't believe that the latter happened without photographic evidence. :)
  • So here are a few pictures of what I look like should anyone need to find me.

I will pretty much be wearing a Batman logo shirt the whole cruise (except when forma, then it's the cuflinks)