SEA MONKEY NATION BLOOD DRIVE : pre cruise

edited July 2013 in Everything Else
Hello, My name is Amanda Shelley from Houston, TX.  I am starting this forum based on a couple of Sea Monkey FB posts about blood donation restrictions once you have sailed to Haiti ( a 12 month suspension.) There has been talk of a BloodMobile @ the Hotel in Ft Lauderdale the night before the cruise, which is a good, supported & achievable  idea, but I am trying to organize a National Blood Drive to be done before we get on the ship. I was thinking January 2014. In this way, both Cruising Sea Monkeys and Non-cruising Sea Monkeys can participate. And their Family & Friends, too! 
I need your help. To do this grand event, I would need to know who might volunteer to donate and where in the world they are located (city/state). Of course, if I got enough people willing to host local blood drives, maybe all on the same day, I would be happy to coordinate the effort and collect the data to report the final results of our great effort. 
I am sure there is a simpler way to do this, I just won't know until I contact my blood bank for information.
So, What do you think?

Comments