JoCo Cruise Crazy Code of Conduct

edited July 2013 in Everything Else
Some of you may have seen John Scalzi's post about convention harassment policies--more specifically the astounding lack thereof (if you haven't, it's here http://whatever.scalzi.com/2013/07/02/my-new-convention-harassment-policy/).

Although we're not a convention per se, JoCo Cruise Crazy believes that Mr. Scalzi is 100% correct. And as it happens, we adopted a Code of Conduct not long ago, which includes a comprehensive section about harassment.

Nothing in it will surprise veteran Sea Monkeys, who compose one of the most friendly and supportive travel groups ever. But we hope that it'll help new Sea Monkeys get an idea of what JCCC is all about, and act as an assurance to all Sea Monkeys that we're looking out for their well-being. Full text of the Code of Conduct is here.

Be excellent to each other,

- The JoCo Cruise Crazy Management Team

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I love that our wonderful supportive community now has a code of conduct backing it up! But if we should encounter a case of harassment, who should we report it to? As a helper monkey, I suspect the answer is me.

ETA: Never mind. I just read the red print. It's too darn early to be reading things of any import.
  • This gives me a happy in my heart place :)

• Kate!!!!!
  • Support'd!
  • @JadeSnake - we'll refine the exact process as we get closer, and make sure the full plan is communicated to the Helper Monkeys. Most likely we'll have people who report a Code of Conduct violation see a Helper Monkey, who will bring it to the attention to of a smaller group of volunteers who we'll specifically train.

But more on all of that...soon.

- Storm
  • It makes me happy that we have this.
  • Also like... Not that I'm in any great danger of being harassed, except by Mrs. Ni...
  • If I didn't already think this was going to be the best cruise evah, this announcement would convince me! Love it!