Cruise Related- That Yoda Guy: St. Maarten

edited February 2013 in JoCo Cruise
I figured I'd just start a new thread with some info for those Sea Monkeys interested in visiting Nick Maley aka That Yoda Guy in St. Maarten since there seems to be a lot of interest based on posts in the port excursions thread    A number of us (myself included) will be heading over after the Captain Alan Adventure (2ish) and there was some interest in getting a group together for a morning visit.   I've posited that actually organizational details should be posted on the boards in the Game Room

Planet Paradise is at 19 Front Street. 

• If you zoom in on this map in the Philipsburg area  you will see the Cruise Terminal on the south east end of Great Bay.   At the top of the bay is the Boardwalk and 2/3 of the length to the east you'll find the Capt Hodge(man) Pier.   That's where the water taxi from the cruise dock lets you off.   Yoda Guy is a block north and 2 blocks west.   I think you can walk up Juancho Yrausquin Blvd up to Front Street but the water taxi $5-6 for an all day/use pass.

Comments

• edited February 2013
    http://goo.gl/maps/oObxI

Suggested routes

1. 2.0 km, 24 mins
      Juancho Yrausquin Blvd. and Front St
    2. 2.1 km, 26 mins
      Juancho Yrausquin Blvd. and Back St
  • You may want to change this post's category to JoCo Cruise. :)
  • Done and Done
  • I'm going to have to follow you there after Captain Alan's snorkeling. :-)
  • Sounds good!   Not sure if I plan on reboarding just to dump snorkel gear and whatnot before hand yet....
  • Yep! I'll be joining you as well! And if you decide to reboard, we'll probably follow in suit. Would be nice to change out of our wet cloths as well. 
  • Same here - I'll be following along, but I'd love to get changed first.
  • We'll probably do an earlier group, if anyone is interested, since we're not doing any excursions.
  • YES. I'd also like to dump snorkel gear first.
  • If we decide to go (not sure yet) we would probably go for a morning group.
  • I would be up for a morning excursion as I have no clue what I am doing and have no other plans. :P
  • I think we would probably aim to go in the morning as well... assuming I can get @fuzz out of bed at a reasonable hour! 
  • Perhaps those of us wishing to go in the morning can meet up for breakfast in the MDR or Windjammer and disembark together. It looks like it will dock ~8am, but I wouldn't want to head over quite that early (hello, vacation!). MDR would probably be easier to grab a big table since it is more or less open seating for breakfast. Maybe we could meet for breakfast at 8:30ish (or some other agreeable time), eat, and then go? Or do we just want to set a time to meet on the dock?

I don't mind organizing, I just don't know what other seamonkeys would like to do...
  • @Lissa  we just want to have fun!

End. Of. Line.
  • My family and I will probably be wanting to join one of these, though which one will depend on exact times and sleepiness.
  • The place was small enough I was happy I wasn't in a big group. Very interesting and fun!