Toronto show June 6th! Who's going?

edited May 2012 in Everything Else
Who is going? I bought tickets pretty much the day they were announced. Apparently he might play the new 'Redshirts' song there. I'm really stoked as this is the first time I get to see him with the band.

What I'm also really excited about (and admittedly, the reason I broke my lurking forum ways, even though I used to post a lot), is the event's promoters teamed up with my super geeky improv comedy group to start a Twitter contest. Prizes include a pair of tickets to see JoCo, a private meet & greet after the concert, as well as our Improv group's DVD, and tickets to our show on June 15th. Anyway, the contest details are on http://www.fullcc.com/contests/, and the contest starts tomorrow morning at 10AM EST.

So this is part cheap plug, part useful info, and 100% a huge honor for me to be connected to JoCo in such a small way.

Comments

• Perhaps if it weren't in the middle of the week.. and it seems like a standing room only venue, not my thing..

I guess this belongs in the bitching thread. I'm in Ottawa and he's not coming here this year, I just can't do Toronto mid-week.
  • @encubed Congrats on (almost) sharing a stage/billing with Jonathan! I won't be making the trek to TO this time, since I'm saving my travel $ to get on a boat, but enjoy the band and the new song.
  • I'll be going as well this year. If it's allowed, I'm going to try to film the show, but I haven't gotten around to confirming with the venue if we can bring stuff like that in. I also tried to request him to play Pull The String, as he's never done it before, and it's an awesome song!
  • @elliomeg - thanks! So far I've seen Jonathan four of the five times he's been here, drove to Pittsburgh before any announced Toronto date, and filmed three of his concerts, so this is a big deal to me.

@Twistntie - go for it! Check their site for any policies, and it doesn't hurt to ask JoCo himself. Shoulda done it sooner via email though :(. Tweet him just in case!
  • ARGH. Steven Page made a surprise appearance with Roderick at the Rochester show. If he does a repeat tomorrow in Toronto PLEASE someone get video?
  • Aw hell... I was already bummed that I was going to miss full-band Joco and the added bonus of John Roderick opening.  Now to discover I may also miss Steven Page sitting in... what lousy timing.  Considering changing my mind and snagging tickets last minute, but something tells me the nice guy inside me - who doesn't want to stick my wife with our 5-month old for the entire day and night without a hand - is going to win out.
  • The Coulton retweeted this review and excellent live-recording of his show.

I'm working on getting some tags and names on the files so they don't just look like "j.coulton.2012.06.06.t01," and if people want them, I will be happy to upload somewhere for your listening pleasure.
  • Same site has a review/recording of Roderick's opening set, too.
  • Skyen, you beat me to it. I registered to share the link before going to bed last night, but didn't know I had to await for approval. Here I am now, and you've got my link thing going on already. Thank you for being on top of it, and for your kind words. :)

I don't tag my FLAC and MP3s for two simple reasons: a) everyone likes their songs tagged a different way, and b) it would take a hell of a long tim. Especially when you have 37 tracks on one recording! Also, if I ever tag an MP3 wrong, I have to reupload the entire RAR file again! My bandwidth can't afford to suffer for my ignorance! :)

But, as I mention time and time again, I'm really impressed with how the venue sounded. Far and away the best sounding show I've ever seen at the Mod Club (seriously, on the weekends, it's a trance and dubstep club, or something), so I'm really glad the recording turned out nicely as well.

Sorry I didn't get video, Chicazul, but hopefully the audio is some consolation.

I had an absolute blast at the show, and I only wish I knew JoCo's stuff going in, so I could have a deeper appreciation for it. Still, it was pretty cool to hear every song for the first time and just be floored.

Let me reiterate how awesome-cool the crowd was too. You guys are loads of fun. Count me in for the next Coulton show! :)
  • I just listened to this show yesterday at work: Best. Bootleg. Ever. (And that's saying something.)
  • @skyen, I'm interested in your properly-tagged files. :)
  • @Skyen me too so long as they make sense! Thanks for offering to do that.

• Here is a link!

I would give it 20-30 minutes to upload. FLAC is a heavy format, there's over 30 files and my roomie needs the bandwidth to watch football (that is football, not hand-egg).
  • Also, @haterhigh, welcome to the club! Come in, sit down, make yourself comfortable. Our monkey butlers will be with you shortly. They are all named Brian Dennehy, so don't worry about getting their names wrong.
  • @Skyen they are perfect, thanks for the effort and also for not calling everything Bruce.
  • edited June 2012

Here's the poster, which can be used as an album cover for your playlist.