Get Whiney and Bitch About Stuff!

edited April 2012 in JoCo Cruise
This is the thread where people can do that.

Enjoy!

Comments

• NOT FEBRUARY YET! >:(
  • My butt itches.

P
  • Sounds like someone's got pinworms! Better get that checked out. :)
  • I DEMAND ALL GOOD THINGS BE GIVEN TO ME AND ALL BAD THINGS TAKEN AWAY! NOW, DAMNIT ALL!

Also, I want it to be February... :(

• I'm now afraid of pinworms! Stupid boundless source of [mis]information at my fingertips.
  • Allergy season is stupid and it's mother dresses it funny.

WHY DOES EVERYTHING ITCH.
  • Why don't I have enough money and vacation time to do ALL THE THINGS?! We need to be in a money free economy!
  • WHY CAN'T I LIVE CLOSER TO MORE SEA MONKEYS?

WHY IS NO ONE WALKING AROUND ASKING FOR MY DRINK ORDER?!?!?!?!?!1!!??!?1

• edited April 2012
    The dates of JCCC3 are annoying.  If I go, I might have to walk off the ship, and jump onto a plane to Santiago Chile, just so I can get on my next cruise in time.
  • I would like to blame all of my problems on a mysterious, invisible conspiracy of secretive cultist that pipe awkward gas into my apartment and lace my food with lazy juice.
  • Can I complain about the spelling of whiney in the title of this discussion? I know it's an accepted spelling, but the real spelling should be whiny!
  • @casidi We had this exact same conversation with several Sea Monkeys tonight (via Twitter), and decided more Sea Monkeys need to move to central PA. Because moving must benefit MY convenience! Because I'm whin(e)y, and you all must appease me!
  • Wouldn't it be easier to just pick up central PA and move it closer to more Sea Monkeys? Well, okay, it probably wouldn't be easier, but at least I wouldn't have to live in Pennsylvania.
  • I fully agree with you there. PA is more backward than a car stuck in reverse. There's no room service breakfast, and no stewards to bring my fruity drinks whenever I demand!  Once I figure out how to turn my region into a Katamari-like mass, I'll roll everyone up into it, and move it somewhere in the Caribbean. "JoCo Island Crazy"!
  • I haven't been able to ride my motorcycle for almost 2 months.
    People don't talk to me on twitter.
    My TV is too small.
    My bills are too big.
    I miss my grandson.
  • I have things I don't want and want things I don't have. 
    I spend too much time with some people/on some things and don't have enough time for other people/things.
    I am not instantly expert at everything I try and when I am good at things instantly, I discount those things because they are too easy.
    I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

• Erm, I am fairly happy with my lot. Bugger.
  • @St_Trousers You could always complain that you don't have anything to complain about.
  • I'm with you @Simalot!  Down with accepted-but-not-the-same-as-I-would-do-it spellings!
  • WHERE ARE ALL OF MY KING HATS AND VALUE PAPERS?!!
  • There is too much good stuff in the world and there isn't time and space to do it all!
    Also there is bad stuff and there isn't time to fix it or even whine about it!
    I need to pee but that would mean getting off my butt and walking a few metres!

And now for some solutions to all your problems:

Whiney is approximately 2.718281828459 times as whiny as whiny.

Also, I thought the accepted solution to the Pennsylvania problem was flooding it and putting in a lake. There's a song about it and everything. I think it's 'Lake Pennsylvania' by Cab City Combo. You could save all the sea monkeys from everywhere around, and put them on a cruise ship on the lake.
  • edited April 2012

Wow, Pennsylvania has it's problems, sure, but compare it to our neighbors like Ohio, Maryland, and West Virginia and we're not doing so bad.  What's that, you ask? Delaware? Those counties were ours once, and they will be again. 

[edit] I'm not saying PA's the greatest state in the union or anything; I'm not insane.

• @MJPM You are welcome to use the GO AWAY HOLE.
  • Pennsylvania has a bad history with artificial lakes.
  • IT'S MONDAY! >:(
  • I am disappointed that booking won't start on the first of May.  If it did, we could change the lyrics of First of May from "outdoor fucking" to "cruise-ship booking".
  • edited April 2012
    I am so happy with all of the Paul F. Tompkins quotes here.

wait, it's the complainy thread.

I wish I were watching Paul F. Tompkins comedy RIGHT NOW.  *GRUMP*
  • I'm sad that we can't post videos of Paul F. Tompkins on the internet, so other people won't understand the quotes, and we'll eventually forget where they came from or exactly how they went, and it will be like he was never there.

Dead to us!
  • edited April 2012
    His Comedy Central special just aired and the DVD is out, so the quotes are available now. Others may have to use their hard earned value papers if they didn't see the special.
  • Pft (nice initials, there.) Only for people in Region 1 or Australia. Dead to us, I say!

(Except to me, because I still have my cruise videos, which I haven't watched yet, and several sheets of fake moustaches I picked up from the game room since they are so scarce in this country. But this is the whining thread and I don't want to complicate it with facts that could be interpreted positively.)
  • All of those neutrinos @Angelastic was supposed to send me finally arrived. And then she didn't send them.
  • I'm pissed off that no one has invented a head-mounted, auto-targeting, pollen-destroying self defense laser.  CERN, NASA and DOD people, I'm glaring at you right now in between coughing and sneezing.
  • Mount your head on a COMPASS target. That should fix the problem.
  • I'd heard his King Hat routine before...in fact I specifically (unfortunately) explained the bit to a friend before going into PFT's show, not realizing he would then DO the bit. whoops. Isn't it on one of his albums?

SIDE NOTE: I was just on Paul F. Tompkins' wikipedia page, and today is his 2-year wedding anniversary!
  • edited April 2012
    The side note somehow prompted me to think of the 'king hat' version of the term 'wedding dress'. I felt like I'd just spelled 'Otto' backwards.

ETA: Kira Velella's website is Flash-only and her EP's not out yet! (This post needed more whining.)
  • My lunch hour is too short! I need at least TWO lunch hours!
  • I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!  
    LOUD NOISES!!!
  • In relation to the actual topic: Why is JCCC3 NOT leaving/returning to SOUTH Florida?!?  Don't you know what you've done?  You're subjecting an entire state of people to ME being on the highways and byways of Florida!
  • @harpo787 Exactly. Take THAT, Florida! Mua ha ha ha!
  • @melagee I only have lunch 1/2 hours... I need FOUR of those!

• Why isn't there a mini-JCCC on the Rhine? We could have an entire boat, and there would be cellphone reception the whole time, and there would be no danger of the ship completely sinking since it would be taller than the depth of the water (according to Randal.)

Let's get Rhiney and beach about [a] bluff?
  • @mrgoldenbrown

You have a headlamp, and you can buy a laser pointer at your local pharmacy. DIY.
  • But @Angelastic then we'd have to go OVER THERE.. you know what JoCo Says about over there..
  • Still nothing.

Dammit.
  • I gave him soap. We left a Twinkie on stage for him. What more does he want?

There are Jaffa Cakes and Nethercandies over here!
  • @Angelastic Nethercandies has to be a euphemism. However, Jaffa Cakes. There is clearly nothing more than need be said in that argument.
  • Jaffa cakes are *SO* difficult to get over here (where there's supposedly more soap and less cheese). I tried to eat as many as I could while we were in Ireland, hoping that I could create a positive Jaffa cake balance on which to draw. Yes... I know... It doesn't work that way.
  • Back to bitching and whining (whinging?): I work with junior programmers who don't know how to solve problems. The mystery is how they manage to keep their jobs. (I have theories, but not of them involve them doing their own work).

Problem solving is a skill that can be improved if present to some degree. But if someone lacks the skill entirely?

Like trying to teach a pig to tap-dance.
  • @CeeCee_C FizzBuzz.

I have seen "programmers" in an interview fail to write FizzBuzz in the language of their choice.  It is such a trivial thing to write, yet they could not wrap their heads around it.  Problem solving is such a core concept in programming, I don't see how someone could get a job (let alone keep one) without it.