Illustrator projects wanted.

edited March 2012 in Everything Else
Hi Guys. Got something I thought I would throw open to the forum and the splendid peeps therein.

I am in the middle of teaching myself illustrator and am trying to get good quick. Lynda training is a huge help but I lack for real projects. Now I design T Shirts for fun and hopefully a small profit (see Blackpigshop for details) but I would like to build up a portfolio of other work as one day I hope to either freelance or change careers.

So I am looking for projects that would be things like business cards, logos, cd covers and the like. Here's the good bit for prospectives, I am working for free at the moment because a) I am still learning and b) I want the experience and anything I do is done with the understanding that I will use it in a future portfolio however it will not be reproduced for any other reason and certainly not for profit.

I have a couple of things on the go at the moment, and depending on how many of you crazy folk out there actually are in the market for something like this I can't promise I will do them all. Also I am not working to tight deadlines but am allocating about 2 weeks per job at the moment. So it's not ideal but if it is something you are interested in, you can find contact details at the above link and maybe I can help you. Or post here if you have a serious idea and I'll answer. At worst if it isn't what you want you've not lost anything.

@bry sorry for highjacking the discussions! If the forums need anything I'll make myself available by way of apology, grovel grovel.