10 Things that make you a nerd

edited January 2012 in Everything Else
One thing becomes very apparent when reading or listening to interviews with JoCo. He is often likened to some kind of overlord of geekdom, the king of nerds. 

True, if you had to pigeonhole him (keep it clean it's not 1st of May yet), I suspect Nerdcore (although that one is already taken), Nerd Rock, Geek Rock or something similar would very quickly come to mind. 

It's also been unfairly suggested that he is just pandering to a market. Even if he was, who cares, everyone caters to a market, his is just better.

But it got me to thinking, what actually makes us nerdy, I am quite happy to describe myself as a nerd and happy in it. I am the sort of person who is generally pretty good to have in a pub quiz!

So as I consider myself an entry level nerd I will start things off. 

1. I've seen every episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, read the comic series 8, and can sing along quite happily to once more with feeling (thought I would start with the shame
  2. I am a star trek fan, though not quite a trekky.
  3. I routinely quote Clarke's Law at people.
  4. I own all JoCo's stuff (probably a requirement these days)
  5. I've watched Firefly, Serenity, Dr Horrible and The Guild
  6. I am learning HTML, CSS and Javascript (Nerd gotta be able to code!)
  7. I like mayonaise on my sandwiches.
  8. Han shot first!
  9. I have a box of computer parts for a computer I no longer own just on the off chance I'll need them...
  10. Many of my conversations quickly involve me throwing out film quotes and I can generally find one for most occasions although it is worth noting if the police ever stop you 'These are not the droids you're looking for' is never a good idea.
The last one is my particular area of nerdiness. I am definitely a film geek. 

So there are my ten, like I say I am no nerd king, Felicia Day will not be calling me to replace Wil Weaton any time soon. But my nerd is in ascension.

Comments

• edited January 2012
    1. I have six bow ties.
    2. None of my pants cuffs match my shoes.
    3. I sort my underwear by thread count.
    4. I majored in physics.
    5. I minored in getting beaten up (wore a 'kick me' sign until I had that jacket dry-cleaned.)
    6. Lifting weights, I hurt myself with only three curls.
    7. I've never had a conversation with girls.
    8. I built a droid myself, using parts from off the shelf.
    9. George Lucas texts me when he's stuck.
    10. I can quote the Matrix films in Klingon.

…wait, that's not me, that's a Still Alive parody by Tom Smith. I'll do mine later. :D

• OK - these might not all count technically - but I get told I'm a nerd for it anyways...

1. I have themed costumes that I plan out for almost every event I go to...
    2. I obsessively take photos of everything...
    3. I own just about every Star Wars t-shirt, dress, skirt, sheets, mugs, etc I can get my hands on...
    4. None of my socks actually match anymore (not on purpose - I just tend to have one stolen by the gnomes)
    5. I'm not allowed to watch certain movies (Boondock Saints, Farris Bueller's Day Off and others) because I quote the movie while it's playing...
    6. I own more than 6 atlas'/maps - just because I can...
    7. I never get my hands dirty - ewwwww - germs!
    8. I don't throw away my old school papers - what if I need them at some point?!?!
    9. I take more photos of my cats than I do of myself...
    10. I have a quote board - cause random things said always equals a good time! (I'm bringing on for our cabin room... *Joys!*
  • edited January 2012
    1. I am a nerd.

2. I know what "tautology" means.
  • edited February 2012
    1. I have built 4 computers via Newegg Black Friday.  2 of them (and an additional laptop) reside in my place of residence and are on 24/7.  I also have a netbook for long flights.
    2. The smallest non-portable screen in my apartment is 28".
    3. I was a first generation Pokemon Master in middle school.
    4. I have played every numbered Final Fantasy in its original format (although not necessarily on its original console).
    5. My anime list currently contains 254 completed series, and is probably about 95% accurate.
    6. I am a professional code monkey who went to school for video game development.
    7. I have attended the following events: DragonCon, Otakon, Sakuracon, Game Developers Conference, E3, and the Final Fantasy XI Fan Festival.
    8. The highlight of going to DragonCon last summer was seeing a friend of mine dressed as Wesley Crusher meet Wil Wheaton.  Gonzoroo was a very close second, particularly since it resulted in my Sea Monkey status.
    9. I became a huge fan of Castle solely because I came across the Halloween scene from season 2.
    10. I find inaccuracies when watching The Big Bang Theory.

It's worth noting that I seem to break a particularly strong nerd stereotype.  I don't read books.  A lot of people assume that I must love to read because of all my other nerdisms, but I just don't enjoy the medium.
  • edited January 2012
    00. I love science fiction and fantasy.  Before I changed my username to match my twitter handle, the old one reflected this: ClonedWizard.
    01. I commissioned a Link from the Legend of Zelda costume last Halloween, but already had an ocarina.
    10. I saw @skyen's post and immediately thought to do this take on 10 things (Yay binary!).
  • @runtime1point0 I like what you did, however I always much prefered Gray code as it has less margin for error. However that would mean your last answer becomes 11 and you punchline is 404'd. So let's not mention it to anyone.

Has that exhausted clever word play? I really hope not, come on fellow nerds don't let me down!
  • 1. Professional computer programmer
    2. Own a lab coat
    3. Former member of the Canadian Numismatic Association
    4 - 9.  Co-Author of not one but two books on Second Life
    10. Glasses

• edited January 2012
    1. I often converse in movie quotes.
    2. I correct people whenever they misquote a movie.
    3. I am really strict with my, and others', grammar/spelling.
    4. I have 12 lightsabers.
    5. & 6. I learned how to read and write Omnispeak, the language from Commander Keen.
    7. & 8. When I study music theory, I use odd mnemonic devices to remember terms.
    Example: When I learned about Picardy thirds, I told myself "Make it so."
    9. Whenever I hear someone playing guitar and it is out of tune, I go up to them, ask if I can see their guitar, and proceed to tune it for them, because hearing out-of-tune music makes me cringe like the way one cringes when a nail is dragged across a chalkboard.
    10. The book was indeed better than the movie.
  • @BrobeCagre Only 12? What are you doing, go get another 5 this instant!

I fully agree with you on the last one with the exception of Watchmen, I like what they did with the ending more in the film. However every time I watch it the balance switches back to the book slightly as the characters are developed so much more, and a lot of little elements in the film you only get if you have read the book which always leaves a slightly unhappy feeling in my mind.

Every other film book contest comes down on the side of the wood pulp though.

I have double checked this twice for grammatical errors and spelling mistakes so hope I got them all. Apostrophe abuse really upsets me. I work for a company that makes printed marketing materials. If I ever see a spelling mistake or misplaced apostrophe on something that should have been proof read, a little bit of me dies.
  • Haha. I suppose my collection is lacking five more lightsabers...

Yes, I feel the same way about apostrophe errors, and other various punctuation. Spelling errors kill me slowly from the inside, especially with words such as "their," "there," and "they're."
  • -I hate when someone uses apostrophe's wrong!

-Grammar/spelling errors are bad, but I find "would of" and "could of" and their ilk make me want to kill.  They're CONTRACTIONS, damn it!  I'm ready to hurt myself for typing them.

-I love movies and often go to the theater to see movies twice a week. I know that Abed and I would be fast friends.  Cool.  Cool cool cool.

-I'm constantly reading and always have a book in the car, books/magazines in bathroom, etc.  If I am going to the bank (especially on Fridays) I make sure to always have reading material on me.
  • Why I consider myself a nerd:

1) My first computer was an apple II e when I was 6 years old (I'm 22 now)
    2) Own a twentieth anniversary mac that was bought by my family at full price when first released.
    3) I'm a tier 1 computer technician at university of Wisconsin -whitewater (trying to make my way up higher!)
    4) I'm a girl and I spent all of my elementary school days playing Final Fantasy 7
    5) I own a custom lightsaber from fxsabers. It cost me more than I like to admit sometimes
    6) I raided on WoW 4 nights a week through WOTLK. Top 100 US guild for part. Of course I had a few months of breaks in there
    7) One of my dreams that might come true is that I may be able to get my apple hardware technician certification this year. My excitement is enough to prove my nerdiness. /squee
    8) I have a wall in my office decorated with space invaders that I made out of memory sticks
    9) I named 2 of my cats "Luke James" and "Leia Francis." The first names are obvious. The middle names are a tribute to Watson and Crick
    10) Some of my favorite video games when I was in lower elementary school were Doom and Mechwarrior
  • edited January 2012
    Ahhh...one I forgot.  I'm sure there will be several more as my memory seems to resemble swiss cheese.

-My first computer that I can remember was an Apple II.  I've been on computers since I was roughly 8-years-old (I'm 39 now).

-Another memory surfaces: I've been online for almost as long.  I remember attending assorted local GTs, meeting others from our local BBS.  We'd meet at bowling alleys, and almost without fail I'd be the youngest there.  While I partially remember this, my mom remembers all too well, having driven me to the get togethers.

EDIT: Despite over 30 years on computers, I know next to nothing about languages and programming.  The last of programming I learned had to do with line 10, line 20, line 30 and other such silliness.
  • edited January 2012
    1. My dad stopped assembling "some assembly required" toys for me at about age 5.
    2. By the time I turned 16, not only had I rebuilt a '65 Mustang (with my grandfather and uncles), but I'd worked on enough other old Mustangs to be able to quote dimensions, torque specs, part numbers, and current retail and jobber prices for most of the car from memory.
    3. I still have that '65 Mustang. I've owned it for 29 years.
    4. In high school, my friends and I thought raiding the dumpster behind the cable company for coax and other bits and bobs was a great way to spend an evening. It got to the point the cable company moved the dumpsters inside their razor-wire-topped fenced back lot. Not that *that* stopped us.
    5. I declared my major (Mechanical Engineering) about 3 months before I graduated from high school.
    6. I was banned from my dorm's Trivial Pursuit tournaments after I'd won several in a row. (While I have taken the online Jeopardy! test, I maintain an abject fear of having a Cliff Clavin moment if I was to get on the show.)
    7. I improvised ways to keep a Bruning D860 diazo blue-line copier running at my internship well past when you could actually get parts for a Bruning D860. The machine died 2 weeks after I graduated and left the internship.
    8. I spent over 18 years in the automotive industry, designing cooling systems, a specialty that even other engineers think borders on witchcraft.
    9. I have a patent: US patent 8,011,899 for a Compact Pump Arrangement
    10. I've spent the last couple years designing tools used by robot submarines to fix broken stuff on the sea floor.

Special Bonus Content:

11. I still play with cars. I autocross a '99 Mustang Cobra with a lot of suspension modifications (that's the car in my icon here), and race a '97 Dodge Neon ("Darth Neon") in SCCA club races.
    12. I'm listed in the credits of Marian Call's "Something Fierce" because I paid for a windshield for her faithful Subaru.
    13. I hired a Professional Graphic Designer to create a personal logo and paid him real money for art. If you follow me on Twitter, you've seen it. If you haven't, and you're going on JCCC2, you'll see it on my calling cards.
  • edited January 2012
    @harpo787 et al.

Funny you should mention computers like that. Last week I heard the phrase e-babies. 

Now this isn't a children's television channel or where you can pick up a discount on an orphan.

Oh no. 

This year is the year that the generation will reach adulthood (ie turn 18) that have lived in a world that always had the world wide web as it is known today. I know that the internet was created in the 60's or earlier depending on what you read, and that the world wide web was ratified in its free state as early as 1992, but several searches based on that snippet lead me to 1994 as the year the world wide web took of and it went from being unknown to very fledgling commercial and ten to what we know today. If I am wrong here I apologise but I am entry level nerd think on, I still have stabilisers and elbow pads.

These are e-babies.

I started using the www in 1995/6 I certainly had email in 95. 

This makes me feel old! Well at least there is no young punk to steal my jelly glazed...
  • 1. I was born less then three months after the Unix epoch.
    2. The first time I used a computer, it was via a teletype and an acoustic coupler modem.  This was around 34 years ago.
    3. I have a Bachelors with a double major in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
    4. I have a Masters in Computer Science.
    5. My current employer is a major Linux vendor.
    6. My previous employer was a different major Linux vendor.
    7. I have an entire bookcase in my living room dedicated to fantasy and science fiction.
    8. It's overflowed into several of the other ten bookcases in the living room, and one of the four bookcases on the second floor landing, and one of the four bookcases in my son's room.
    9. I used to be in the SCA.
    10. In the SCA, I was a scribe and a herald: a nerd among nerds.
  • Missed @runtime1point0 's reply, which was roughly my first thought when seeing this thread; well done, you.
  • 1. I dressed as Godzilla for Halloween when I was 6 or so.
    2. I have life-size cardboard cut-outs of Boba Fett and Londo Mollari in my office.
    3. My wardrobe is entirely made up of shirts purchased at ThinkGeek, Jinx!, TeeFury and Shirt.W00t and various rock show merch booths.
    4. I still have my Commodore 64, 1541 disk drive, 300 baud modem, and boxes of floppy discs.
    5. I own the DVD box sets of Planet Of The Apes, The Twilight Zone and The Prisoner.
    6. My earliest memory of being in a movie theater is seeing The Empire Strikes Back.
    7. My basement is full of boxes of old RPGs (D&D, Shadowrun, Earthdawn, Deadlands, Call of Cthulhu, etc) that I no longer have time to play.
    8. I have 170 books in my "to-read" list on Goodreads.
    9. I have an entire shelf dedicated to Grant Morrison and Alan Moore comic books.
    10. I'm a Level 4 Sea Monkey (or at least I will be in just a few weeks).
  • Ooh, I can't believe I forgot to mention that I've loved Doom, Commander Keen, and Wolfenstein 3D since I was 3.
  • Ahhh...I remember Castle Wolfenstein all too well.  Hell, green screens for that matter.
  • Ten people pointing at me and yelling "NERD"!!!!
  • Oh, I'm not a very nerdy nerd, but I'm still a nerd.  Most of it just rubbed off on me by association with other nerds I thought were awesome.

1. I have nerds in my life I think are awesome.
    2. Why do I want electronic gadgets?  Well...because they're, um, electronic.  And gadgets.  Duh.
    3. My best friends live in my computer, and this makes me happy.
    4. I spent more time reading books in high school than hanging out with friends.  In fact...
    5. I loved reading so much I grew up to be a writer.
    6. I convinced my dad to let us name my first dog Luke.  He named our second dog Obiwan without coaxing.
    7. When I was 12 I wanted to marry Darth Vader when I grew up.
    8. I learned how to play chess when I was three, and used to love to read books on how to play chess until I was about nine.  (My step-dad ruined that for me. =/ )
    9. I knew what THAC0 was when I was 10.  In fact, all the time I didn't spend reading in high school was spent RPing.
    10. I named my son Anakin.  For truth.  He went by a nickname for two years when he started getting teased, but now he's 11 and going by Anakin again.  And he's as big a JoCo fan as I am.  :D
  • @Harpo787 our first home computer was a Commodore Vic 20! We then upgrade to an Amstrad PCW 9512. It used to boot from a floppy but had to clear the ram first, took about an hour to boot up and had nothing other than word processing capabilities. Screen option was Green text on black or black text on green...

@TamChronin you made me laugh hard, twice, but word to the wise, you maybe shouldn't have picked that name unless you truly do want your child to bring balance to the force. 

Whilst we're at it, here's one. Episode 3 is my fave star wars, I nearly cried at it for so many reasons, don't get me wrong the others are all great and I went to see them all at the cinema on their first release! It's just that Anakin is failed so much by everyone and they are all manipulating him for their own ends, he never had a chance. After that it is Empire as I like the dark places.

Has anyone else noticed that When You Go seems to be about Luke burning his Dad (oops spoiler!) on Endor?
    It even has an Ewok Backing Group...

• edited February 2012
    Are you a nerd, a geek, a dork, or a dweeb? (Handy Venn diagram via Buzzfeed)

• I appear from that to be a Geek with Nerd Rising!

• According to my friends:

1) Jonathan Coulton.
    2) Star Wars posters.
    3) Actually enjoying 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    4) Listening to Pink Floyd (???).
    5) Being permanently attached to my electronics.
    6) Knowing the difference between Your and You're
    7) Knowing the difference between They're, There, and Their.
    8) Using proper spelling and punctuation in text messages.
    9) Portal.
    10) Being able to spell "tomorrow".

My friends are idiots...
  • edited February 2012
    1) I'm a Code Monkey
    2) Been to 101 PAXs
    10) I can count in base 3
  • @MJPM so you've been to 3 PAXs? (Also, loved you in Home Alone [link to YouTube].)
  • 1. I listen to an internet rockstar who writes songs about monkeys, giant squids, cyborgs (guess who?).
    2. I've seen every episode of Firefly at least a dozen times and make attempts to slip lines subtly into daily conversations when applicable.
    3. I've not only played Dwarf Fortress, I've used mods/utilities for it.
    4. I felt compelled to buy a onesie from Thinkgeek for my newborn son that says "n00b" (I passed on the "Soylent Green is Me" onesie, as my wife didn't get a kick out of it having never seen the movie).
    5. I have a box of unpainted/partially-painted Games Workshop minitiatures that I can't bring myself to throw out, despite the fact I know I'll never finish them or put them to use.
    6. I have more spare power cables than I have pairs of pants.
    7. My computers are all dual-boot.
    8. Computers. Plural.
    9. I've read the Dune saga (well, the original anyways; no offense to Brian Herbert).
    10. My guitar rig has more processing power than the Mars Rover.
  • Nice @Bry! Yeah you caught me, I actually went to 101 PAXs by my own logic. ;)
  • Huh. Venn diagram says I'm a geek, so I guess I can't be a nerd. Darn.
  • Wheee, I love this thread!!  I can't wait to meet all of you.  As much as an introvert will want to meet anyone, anyway =)
    1. Small talk makes me want to kill myself
    2. I program for a living
    3. My home with my family of four has 5 computers that are always turned on along with 3 laptops and an iPad.  You know, just in case we are forced to walk away from the computer.  I get way more excited about new computers than new cars.
    4. I play a Sith in my spare time
    5. I met my husband in a chat room, before the world wide web came along
    6. I met my three life-long friends (and partially my husband) because of shared interest in particular science fiction books
    7. I read reddit.  A lot.
    8. I troll my kids like Calvin's dad.  And sometimes I forget and accidentally troll other people's kids, out of habit.  Sorry, other people's kids' parents!
    9. I have what I consider to be close friends that I've never seen in person.
    10. My over-arching goal in life is to get my boys to sing "Chicken, Monkey, Duck."
  • 1. I cut my teeth typing BASIC code into a Ti-99 at the tender age of 10.
    2. Android > iPhone
    3. I've built a functioning MAME cabinet.
    4. I've built a functioning Pinewood Derby Track with Electronic timing.
    5. I too have that box of computer parts that I'll never use, but can't bear to throw out. 
    6. I use magnets from decommissioned hard drives to hang lbs of children's artwork on the fridge.
    7. I brew my own beer (and built my own kegerator from a chest freezer and a temperature controller)
    8. I met my wife outside of Calculus class in college.
    9. I've got a Linux fish on the trunk of my car.
    10. Professional Software guy (no I will not fix your computer)
  • My grandpa had a TI-994A. He was so proud of it. He felt it would give us grandkids a heads up since computers were "the coming thing". This was the early 80's. It was hooked up to an ancient b/w TV.  I did some BASIC programming on it but mostly played some sort of Space Invaders style game.

I have a fish on my car too!
  • edited February 2012
    1. I read A LOT.
    2. I have a Ph.D.
    3. I know what German ordoliberalism is.
    4. I own 3 different sets of LOTR DVDs and BluRays.
    5. I own all seven Harry Potter books... in French. I am from Georgia.
    6. I am a Baroness in the SCA. I'm also Seneschale of my Shire.
    7. I speak Mac, PC, and RIM - I use an iMac at work, an ipad and two PCs at home, and two blackberries daily.
    8. I go to DragonCon religiously.
    9. I once gave books to a young cousin with the caveat that she must return them if she ever decided she didn't want them any more.
    10. My favorite thing to do on vacation is examine pre-1600 textiles and garments.
  • edited February 2012
    1.  Computer Engineering bachelor's (minor in Mathematics), working on a Computer Science master's (don't actually code for a living though)
    2.  Teenage years spent obsessively reading fantasy & science fiction
    3.  Been playing video/computer games for over 25 years now (RPG & strategy tend to be my favorite genres)
    4.  Used to play D&D in high school (haven't really played since then)
    5.  I have a tattoo of Albert Einstein
    6.  Read all of Carl Sagan's books
    7.  Obligatory Jonathan Coulton, Paul & Storm, MC Frontalot, Weird Al, John Hodgman fandom
    8.  Completely geek out about beer & brewing
    9.  Farscape, Firefly, Star Trek, Star Wars fan
    A.  Was a member of my high school's academic trivia team
    B.  Completely inept at team sports
    C.  Own way too many shirt.woot shirts
    D.  Introverted
    E.  Career in IT/Networks/Engineering
    F.  I post on internet message boards & listen to podcasts
    10.  Hexadecimal!

Despite all that, I tend to blend in with the "normals" until I out myself as a geek.  Well, sometimes the t-shirts give it away.

• I survived middle school and high school by pretty much being a chameleon.  I'm able to blend in with the type of crowd I'm among.  Could get geeky with the nerd kids, could talk wrestling with the jock crowd, could get stupid silly with the stoner crowd (even though I didn't do that at that time).  
  • Yeah, and 8 years in the military helped me get better at outwardly conforming.
  • I was a cheerleader in high school, AND voted most likely to succeed. Don't box me in, man. ;)
  • I am so untypical nerd/geek, however I do fall squarely into beardy hippy rocker stereotyping!

I have 8 hens, three are named JP, Hilarius and Linus after Popes and four are named Tom, Bob, Adam (normally shouted) and Soterios Johnson. The last one my daughter named Sparticus because she is a little bit odd.

• @Uisce Beatha, Nicely done extending the 10 idea! Didn't know you were a CS Master's student, too. What topic are you concentrating on?
  • @runtime1point0 - The program I'm in has a focus on distributed systems.  Just two more classes left, but the ones I need aren't available until next fall.  So, more free time this spring & summer at least.  You?
  • edited February 2012
    @Uisce Beatha - Currently starting a project involving Model-driven engineering.  Once this semester is over with, I'll be over half way done.
    1. I started programming in BASIC when I was 7 or 8.
    2. I have a degree in mathematics.
    3. These two things conspire to make it difficult for me to count the number of programming languages I know without resorting to Greek letters.
    4. When I won a writing competition in late 1995 (when I was 15), I spent more than half the prize money on a modem and a year of internet. My password was 'neutrino'. (I guess I didn't know about secure passwords back then.)
    5. I have an entire bookcase full of dictionaries and language books (and another one with mostly science and comedy.)
    6. The only jewellery-like things I wear are glasses, a digital watch (which synchronises automatically with an atomic clock somewhere, of course) and an Apple logo pendant which my mum had made for me for my 21st.
    7. Once I'd earned enough money as a code monkey to travel, my first trip began with a completely unjustified (in that I only did Mac programming as a hobby) pilgrimage to the Apple Worldwide Developers' Conference (where, incidentally, I ended up going to a concert with Steve Wozniak and playing with his Segways) and ended with a visit to CERN. In between, I visited friends I knew from the internet. Not that being able to make such a trip makes me a nerd, but the fact that WWDC was the first thing to convince me travelling would be worthwhile does. Now that I've been to Kennedy Space Center and JoCo Cruise Crazy, I can't think of any more big geeky places worth going to.
    8. When I got back from that trip, I applied for a job at CERN (for the second time) and got it. :)
    9. I'm not sure if this counts as nerdy, but it's similar to @St_Trousers' one. In many conversations I end up working in song quotes or just exclaiming, 'I know a song about that!' I know songs about all sorts of weird things; half-pony half-monkey monsters are just the beginning. Exhibit A
    10. When we were kids, my brother and I made and played our own RPGs (and computer games, for that matter.) I'm currently a level 4 half-zombie-cheerleader half-sea-monkey minion. ;)
    There, I finally got around to doing a real one. Now, uh… five hours of sleep, and then I get up to fly to Orlando!
  • @angelastic I reckon working at CERN makes you some kind of Nerd/Geek Queen. even making the coffee would be a great job.

A lot of you mention programming, I am currently going through the stages of learning HTML and XHTML. I then intend to move onto CSS and Javascript, however I have one slight problem. I am good with the theory but I have no ideas as to practice and application so any suggestions fellow nerds?
  • @Angelastic IS the Queen of the Geeks.
  • That makes about ten thousand geek kings and queens then. :) It is a great job, but it doesn't make me great; I'm just a code monkey who had the nerve to apply for a job there.

Is there a website you'd like to build, @St_Trousers? 'Cause there's your practice and application. You could just make yourself a homepage explaining what you have had for lunch today, how cute your cat Mittens is, and whether or not you've designed some tedious internet protocol. (Sorry, couldn't help quoting the Hitchhiker's Guide to Blogging there.)
  • edited February 2012
    1. I own the first 11 seasons of The Simpsons on DVD.
    2. I've seen every episode of Doctor Who (the 2005 series).
    3. I've watched every episode of The Big Bang Theory, usually more than once.
    4. I come up with improvised harmonies to songs for fun while I ride a bike to college where I have a 3.81 GPA.
    5. I've written a song about π.
    6. I own all of Coulton's catalog, including two signed CDs, and am currently covering all of Artificial Heart.
    7. I've plaid live concerts at Science Fiction conventions across the country.
    8. I wrote the theme song for an event called Nerdapalooza.
    9. I own a signed copy of "Weird Al" Yankovic's Alpocalypse album.
    10. I got backstage tickets to one of his concerts because I produced a popular "Weird Al" Yankovic tribute album, Twenty-Six and a Half (which was mentioned on Wired.com).
  • Incidentally, the Devo Spice song I just mentioned in the other thread is on Twenty-Six and a Half, though I didn't know it (I have a live version of it from MarsCon) until I attempted to find a purchase page for that specific song to link to.