What JoCo song is going through your head right now? And what are your thoughts about it?

edited October 2011 in JoCo Music
I've had Je Suis Rick Springfield in my head all day. I hated this song when I first heard it but now it's one of my favorites.  

Comments

• I was just experimenting with "Gambler's Prayer" on a Guitalele, so it was going through my head and out my fingers.
  • I was just partially decapitated with my particularly sharp iPod, so all his songs were going through my head.
  • edited October 2011

I had Dissolve in my head until a few minutes ago when it was inexplicably replaced by a short snippet of a song in French that I don't know very well. It got in my head because I was reading Wil Wheaton's 'Memories of the Future' on the tram, and was up to an episode where there was a mysterious box waiting to be beamed aboard. This was a surprise favourite on the new album; I hadn't paid much attention to the live versions before the album came out, but I really love it. When I listened to the album in order, that jaunty intro was always a pleasant surprise after my disappointment that Now I am an Arsonist and Down Today (favourites even before the album came out) were over and assumption that whatever came next couldn't be as good.

• "Alone at Home," which is what I think would have happened had the boy in "The Future Soon" actually married Laura.
  • Just putting the finishing touches on a parody to the tune of JoCo's "I Crush Everything."
  • I just realized that Good Morning Tuscon doesn't have a happy ending.
  • Yesterday my son (11) surprised me by saying he had "Nobody Loves You Like Me" stuck in his head, and asked if I'd play it.  He returned the earworm favor by asking me to play "Creepy Doll" later, and that's what's been stuck in my head all day so far today.  :D

Not sure what I think of it being stuck there, other than it's fitting since it's so close to Halloween AND today is my ex's birthday.  =P
  • @Tamchronin you are obviously raising this kid right. My son, despite my best efforts, isn't a Coulton fan. But my nephew has gone to 4 JoCo shows with me. 
  • Overhead, I found it the other day in some crazy random youtube happenstance and fell in love with the song. A really refreshing song after having Artificial Heart on repeat for weeks (not that I don't LOVE Artificial heart).

I just fell in love with the line "once in a while I go out of my way to try to kill you a little" which in joco's own words is sinister, sad and confused in the nicest ways, and in my words, pretty damn hilarious!

• Last night I had "Make You Cry", because I was driving home late and couldn't figure out why I'd put *that* on my generally very upbeat mix of generally very sing-alongable music for keeping myself awake on roadtrips.  Best I can guess is that since at the time of making that mix, I was in a relationship that looked to have fair prospects of permanence, it didn't register as "damned depressing for solo interstate driving at midnight".
  • "Sticking It To Myself". I can relate.
  • Je Suis Rick Springfield is the story of my life.

... okay, no, but Fraud is horribly familiar to me every time I hear it. And since it's Movember, with any luck The Stache will be my theme-song before long.
  • Speaking of, why the hell isn't The Stache already the theme-song for all of Movember?
  • edited November 2011

So here's an email I received yesterday...

Hey Sky,
    Thanks so much for your suggestion.  You’re right, that song is mo-tastic!
    I’ve shown others in the office and we all love it J
    We’ll take your suggestion on board for next year.  Have a great weekend,

Jack Nichols
    Movember – changing the face of men’s health

• Woke up this AM with "That Spells DNA" in my head for some reason.
  • When You Go has been in my head for DAYS. I just can't seem to get over it. It really hits me.
  • My sweetie just discovered The Town Crotch. He'd never heard it before because it's one of the few JoCo songs I'm not crazy about, so I never played it for him. But he thinks it's great and he was enthusing about it to me and so now of course it's lodged in my head...
  • ever since i first heard it, i've had spates of being songvirused with "Nemeses".  
  • I am officially JoCo crazy, every morning I wake up with a snippet of a different song in my head. Fortunately he has many and they are all good so I don't mind and go some time without repetition.

A talk with George is surprisingly common as is Mandelbrot set which I often find myself singing to myself, and curiously has just started playing.
  • I've had "I Crush Everything" on repeat in my head since I first listened about a week ago. How anyone could think to write a song from the perspective of a self-loathing squid, and then manage to make it SO friggin heartbreaking, is beyond my level of comprehension. That and I've felt a lot like that same squid (obviously in a really metaphorical way :P) for a while so it hit pretty close to home. Wonderful song.
  • "The Stache."  When I am stuck on this song I wonder how everyone can't love it =)  The whimsy level is perfect!
  • Ooooooooooctopussss Somekind of oooooooctopus...
  • edited April 2012
    A JoCo song is going through my head right now, but with alternate lyrics that I wrote for it.
  • @St_Trousers I often sing just that part of the song, apropos of nothing. People think it's weird. I think they're weird for not singing along with me.
  • @melagee, I routinely find myself singing something JoCo at work. Could have something to do with the fact I have hardly listened to anything else for the last six months. Octopusses are one of my favourite animals as the are just so bloody odd so I end up with this one a lot. We routinely start it at home. Blue Sunny Day is another common one, although I often get mixed up with Blue Sunday by the Doors which is entirely different.
  • I like singing the verses of "Dissolve", but not so much the chorus.
  • Most recently, "Down Today."  It's an exceptionally cheery breakup song.  I was whistling it this morning and woke my son up.  I rather needed to wake him up anyway.
  • slightly related, I keep singing part of "Sucker Punch" wrong. I know the proper lyrics, but for some reason every time I find myself singing "I don't wanna straighten up, I don't wanna fly right, I just wanna float around a while..."
  • Want You Gone has been stuck in my head for DAYS. I always play it on my commute to work. I find it very catchy, so all in all, I'm okay with this. :]