How to make 800 people happy in a 800-seat auditorium

edited August 2011 in Everything Else
For the last cruise, we filled less than half the auditorium. Nobody ever got a bad seat.

This time, though, I think there will be much more concern about getting a good seat. What can we do to make everyone happy and avoid people queueing hours in advance? 

NOTE: Yes, it's fun to queue in advance, maybe even for longish amounts of times, but this could get _ridiculous_

Comments

• For X concerts split auditorium in X categories, and everyone can sit in each category once. As equal as it gets :)
  • @arenson9 While I enjoyed queuing, I sometimes thought that I could use that hour differently...
  • I don't recall there being too many genuinely BAD seats anywhere in the auditorium on the last cruise.  Acoustics were certainly good everywhere, and the viewing angle was good no matter if you were in the main area or in the balconies.
  • My opinion on this is relax! You are on vacation. Splitting up the auditorium equals either creating some kind of staff to police who sits where, or creating some kind of honor system, which is a breeding ground for hurt feelings and ugliness. Unless we hear that the final headcount of people actually showing up is indeed the capacity of the auditorium, I'm really not that concerned. 
  • I agree that the theater really isn't big enough to have any bad seats. It may be worth noting, though, that I think that there will be less close seats in this theater. While the Eurodam was set up more like a theater, this is set up more like a lounge, and if you look at a picture of the show lounge on the Westerdam, there are several rows of seats with tables. This, of course, lessens the amount of seats with prime panty throwing potential.
  • @icemage and @villicious I totally agree - no bad seats and relax! :)
  • edited August 2011
    Cindy Lou Who, I don't think you'll need a steam-powered panty blaster (Hmmm.... For whom should that be the name of a cover band?) to hit the stage on the Westerdam. Before the Dallas w00tstock, I bought a couple of bags of little girls' size 4 panties at a Wal-Mart. I passed them out to the folks around me and cued them to throw. Most of us hit the (very high) stage even though there was a huge orchestra pit in front of it. Storm picked one pair up and saw how small they were; his expression was priceless.
  • The trick is to add something small and soft for ballast. Gummy penises work well.
  • @Angelastic  I'm not sure I want to know where you might find such novelties. :-)
  • edited August 2011
    Actually, the panties came out of the bag rolled up tight. It was like throwing a small rubber ball. They unrolled in mid-flight but still made it to the stage. The result was a flock of tiny panties, mostly aimed at Storm.
  • @Icemage it wasn't the kind of place I'd normally go to, but having exhausted all other local supplies of novelty panties, I had no other option (I mean I could just throw ordinary panties, and considering I will never outdo this, I may as well, but that just wouldn't be as much fun.) And the novelty panty (etc…) shop also happened to have nether regions made of nethercandy! I couldn't think of anything more appropriate to throw at Storm. So I think I threw it at Paul.

I'm sure all the places in the auditorium are good, but are they good for filming with a small tripod? I have been so spoilt with concert places thus far (and strangely enough, on the last cruise, it actually seemed like the earlier I arrived, the worse my seat was), but I guess my luck has to end eventually, and I won't complain because I'll be on a boat.
  • They have t-shirt cannons, why not a panty cannon? I'll get my top minions right on it!

@Brett Glass - Flock of Tiny Panties is the name of my Justin Bieber cover band.
  • @Teletheus had a pretty good idea that was not used at PAX w.r.t. panties.
  • Yes, the layout of the concert hall on the Westerdam is a bit worrisome. Only a very few lounge seats closest to the stage, and they aren't even that close! :( I think I will have to talk myself into relaxing about where I sit. I like to be close...but I don't have to be close. Really. (really?)