Creepy Doll MtG card

edited July 2011 in Everything Else
I can't guarantee it, but I'm willing to bet that JoCo has at least one fan at Wizards of the Coast, the folks who make the Magic: The Gathering card game (and D&D, and various other geeky gaming pursuits). As Exhibit A, I give you the new upcoming card art revealed at the bottom of this page:

Not only is it entitled Creepy Doll, but it has a ruined eye that's always open...

Comments

• Very cool.
  • While I'm not a huge WOTC fan, I definitely want to pick one of theses up to have JoCo sign as some point!

• Hah! Aw man, if this keeps up, JoCo is in danger of going all mainstream. He and we will lose all our hipster credentials :P
  • I don't even know what hipster means, apart from a style of briefs (and JoCo claims to wear boxers anyway. Should I put that on the wiki? ;) ), but according to @chicazul, JoCo gained some hipster credentials by wearing purple glasses. So it's just us that will lose whatever such credentials we had.

JoCo is definitely more well-known than he used to be. I used to know nobody offline who had heard of him, but these days quite a few people seem to know some of his songs, and two people (not strangers) recently have mentioned the Snuggie interview (which I still haven't listened to) to me upon seeing my JoCo T-shirts. Of course, it could be that I'm in a games club now. Next thing you know, he'll be selling DVD/CD sets in stores. ;)

A friend who is not in the games club, but who was subjected to my 'I have a song about [weird subject that just came up]!' for several years and heard the names of various comedy/geeky singers from me fairly often, so learnt to recognise them, independently stumbled across a use of @paulandstorm's Nugget Man on a snooker webcast (possibly also a TV segment?) So they're practically mainstream too.

• Paul and Storm have been around a long time with the Notebook and dr. Demento and Bob and Tom, though, so it's not unusual they'd be more mainstream than Code Monkey Prime ;)
  • Oh... Robert C. Baker.... how we all love you!