JoCo Cruise Crazy website mistakes: gotta catch 'em all!

edited June 2011 in JoCo Cruise
Alright, the crowd-sourced error-checking is amusing me, but it's cluttering up the room share thread. Find a broken link? Spelling error? Post it here, and [P]aul may offer you worthless prizes!

I can't wait to start finding bugs in the booking engine...

Comments

• As I said in another thread... no such thing as "12pm EST" while we're on summer time. It's EDT.
  • On the FAQ section "Can I book the cruise directly...":
    "most sale prices to not apply to us"
    should be
    "most sale prices do not apply to us"
    Also, on the FAQ section "Can I get help finding...":
    "and form the hotel to the cruise port"
    should be
    "and from the hotel to the cruise port"
  • Someone on the Facebook alumni group made a very good point--the JoCo Cruise Crazy website advertises a "24-hour pasta bar" as one of the included amenities, but no one can vouch for such a thing existing. Randall, who has been on the Westerdam, says the closest facsimile closes at 1 or 2am.

If that text remains unchanged and I go on this cruise, I had better find an open pasta bar when I'm wandering the ship at 3am.
  • @MJPM

Fixed and fixed. (That one was on me; I am the world's king of typing "form" for "from")

@chicazul

On the contrary, there was a 24-hour pasta bar operating in my stateroom last year; if any of you had been able to gain access to my room, you could have partaken free of charge. Unfortunately, the service is being discontinued this year. (The chefs got quite tired, anyway; seven days is a long time to go without sleep, constantly making pasta)

P.
  • I think this wording on the Contact page is out of date:
    We’ve set up a couple of forums over at JoCo’s site where you can do this (or rather, we will set them up soon):
    This is just bad grammar:
    and we’ll be sure and send any important updates to that address.
    This is confusing (the page provides no way to subscribe to any news feed)
    You can subscribe to our news feed here
    In other words, I think your copypasta is showing. And you overuse "and" almost as much as I do.
  • Maybe the website has a 24-hour copypasta bar.
  • @chicazul
    Technically, it wasn't bad grammar so much as it was just poorly written.

P.
  • @p
    Ok, fine, it was an acceptable colloquial construction but it still flowed poorly. Your English teacher would not approve. Look at how helpy I am!

@Angela
    Immediately after posting that I thought of adding a copypasta joke, but I knew I could rely on you. (:
  • Darn, I wish I knew the pasta bar was in Paul's room. We were hunting for that! (I was the one that posted about it on the Facebook page). Glad to see it was fixed on the website. :-)
  • Noticed a couple John Hodgman references on the FAQ page. Hidden guest confirmation, or copy-pasta relic from last year?
  • I found an error in the cancellation policy. Two intervals are overlapping:

Cancellation on or after Nov. 18, 2011 final payment date, but 75 days prior to Feb. 19, 2012 departure date: $450
    Cancellation between 90 and 45 days prior to Feb. 19, 2012 departure date: 50%

Not that I wish to have to cancel anything!
  • Less a mistake, more just a general Web Thing... the use of "Click here" really annoys me. The Web was designed as hypertext... text that stands alone, but also has hyperlinks to take you to related places. As an example of a rewrite, consider this text on the pricing page:
    For details and virtual tours of each stateroom category, click here to view the ms Westerdam interactive deck plan (requires Flash); or click here to go to the ms Westerdam main page and select the “Staterooms” menu option.
    A simple rewrite gets rid of the "click here" phrases:
    For details and virtual tours of each stateroom category, check out the ms Westerdam interactive deck plan (requires Flash); or the ms Westerdam main page (select the “Staterooms” menu option).
    If you write for the web, please consider eliminating the word "click" from your vocabulary. Thank you. (And with a bit of googling, I found a nice summary of the relevant points).