You know what "Alone at Home" sounds like?

edited May 2011 in JoCo Music
"All My Loving" by The Beatles.

After hearing it at Annapolis the other day, I was racking my brain to figure out what song it reminded me of, and then it hit me when I found myself humming the Beatles tune.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Here is a short comparison of the two songs: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3559144/AYL_AaH%20V3.mp3

I sped up this live recording of Alone at Home to 1.5x to match better. (This is not intended to be a super cool-guy mashup. This is just an illustration of what I am talking about.)

Am I completely insane, or are the two songs creepily similar?

Comments

• I've not been following all the new songs too closely, but you could try comparing the chords in each song.

This reminds me of how once paulrpotts suggested that the Creepy Doll chord progression sounded similar to Hotel California, so I analyzed them, and managed to create this demo mashup, by overlaying one on top of the other. (I got the solo vocals from the CC source track flash-drive that was offered a while back).
  • Want you Gone sounds kind of like Dissolve...
  • edited May 2011
    actually that was me that made the comparison with Creepy Doll and Hotel California. Paul did the legwork though. Similar to Bassguy it was after playing the song the finding myself humming Hotel California that I made the connection.
    I'm not surprised with a Beatles thing. Jon has said before how he dissected the Beatles song for clues to how they made them work. Several of his songs have Beatles like progressions and chording.
  • Want You Gone has parts that sound like Space Doggity and I'm Your Moon.