Can has tabletop?

edited December 2010 in JoCo Cruise
Show of hands: Who is planning on bringing their own tabletop games?
Can we circle up our wagons and say who is planning on bringing what?

I have Pit, Once Upon A Time, and the obligatory Zombie Dice and Cthulhu Dice.
I'd bring my copies of Catan and Citadels and Bang!, but I left them up at school.

If nobody volunteers to bring Dominion, so help me I will cut a bitch run out and buy it specifically for this cruise.

Also, forgive me if this is already being addressed somewhere else. I JUST REALLY WANT TO PLAY GAMES I'M SORRY ;_;

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Oh, Molly23, no apologies necessary. I just ran up to my closet to see what I had.

Card games are pretty portable so I can easily bring Star Munchkin, Fluxx, and Chez Geek. I'm also planning to bring the Travel Scrabble since the little letters are so cute. Packing constraints would maybe allow me to bring one bigger box game like Ticket to Ride Europe or Agricola. I think we're also bringing the iPad which has a nice 1-5 player Carcassonne and a 2-player Small World.

If anyone's got Weinh
  • I didn't bring Bananagrams home from school! FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

I have Monopoly and Douchebag iPhone Scrabble on my iPad (you can use iPhones as the tile racks apparently, which I think is kind of ridiculously bourgeois).
  • Hahaha...I just saw Bananagrams at the store today. I've never heard of it, but I almost bought it by name alone.
  • I also have douchebag scrabble on my iPad, so if everyone who has an iPhone or iPod touch downloads the free tile rack app, we can have a whole tournament going. It's been a while since I last played real Scrabble, so I'd be the old codger grumbling about how they changed the word lists and this or that two-letter word isn't allowed any more or shouldn't be allowed. I also have Catan on my iPhone, and I just found that there's an iPad version, so I'll get that since multiplayer games are much better on iPad (I've never actually played Settlers of Catan, by the way.) I'm not sure I have the baggage allowance for physical board games (although I certainly have space in my suitcase), but in case I do, does anyone want to play Articulate?

Or if we want a game which everyone will pretty much suck at, I have a card game I've never played which involves arranging the names of Swiss cities according to where they are geographically. I also have a set of authentic Swiss jass cards and scoring slate, although that can be played with normal playing cards anyway. Also, I've only played it online, never with actual cards, so I don't really know the rules for the parts that the online thing does automatically. And it was a few years ago, so I've pretty much forgotten the other rules too.
  • I'm planning to bring Zombie and/or Monty Python Fluxx, and Kristin from Looney Labs said she hoped to be able to bring along the not-yet-released Pirate Fluxx.
  • No one said their would be board games...and Dominion!
    You are just trying to make me really regret not flying to the USA to go on a Cruise with JoCo and the best fans in the world ever!
  • my fiance and I have to pack yet, but since we are flying southwest, we can bring a 2nd bag for free. that bag may be boardgames... I am really hoping to bring dominion if we can (though it would only be base and prosperity... boxes are probably too big to bring all expansions). If we can't make that work, Agricola and Puerto Rico are high on the list. Arkham Horror is right out :( We have it packed down to 2 boxes (all expansions) but I would be afraid of damage to the boxes and if those broke, we'd never get it back home. Castle Ravenloft is an awesome game, but it's HUGE and that one may not make it along either :(. I'm going to try to convince him to bring Space Alert and/or Race for the Galaxy as well, because they are awesome :)

we love boardgaming (him more than me a bit) and we have a huge collection. The problem will be packing them so they make it down and back safely :(
  • Looking forward to all the board games. Definitely bring Dominion and Prosperity, Ducky! I'd bring along some games, but I don't know if any will fit in my luggage. If there's free space I'll just grab whatever will fit.
  • edited December 2010
    I never got to play Mouse Trap as a kid. It always looked so interesting, but I think the one at my kindergarten was missing some pieces or nobody knew how to play it so I never got to play. Is anyone bringing it?

I don't even know whether I'm joking or not.
  • Is anyone bringing MTG decks?

I'd love to learn some new board/card games, such as Dominion, Fluxx and Bang. Maybe Agricola, Puerto Rico, and Preosperity.

Munchkin, Citadels, Zombie Dice, Cthulu dice, Catan, and Carcassonne would be awesome. Also, SJ Games has yet to reprint it, but Give Me The Brain would be great. And Guillotine, too.

On a side note, what DS games should we pack? DQIX? MK?
  • I'll be bringing my DS. I haven't yet played my copy of DQ9, and I've recently been playing The World Ends with You. Yeah, I know, I'm behind the curve.
  • I'm planning on bringing Munchkin (Original, Fu) as well as Lunch Money and Beer Money. I'm flying from L.A. to MI to FL, so not packing a whole bunch of games. I definitely want to play some Dominion though, that game is awesome.

I have some MTG cards but not sure if I should bring them or not.
  • edited December 2010
    Current plan from our game pool; Fluxx (with Zombie Fluxx), Give me the Brain, Lord of the Fries, Bohnanza, The Great Dalmuti, Kill Dr. Lucky, Save Dr Lucky, Unexploded Cow, possibly other small games we can fit in luggage. I'll go through the games bin at home tonight to see what might fit.
  • I have a number of Cheapass Games that I will bring. If we have space for duplicates of games others are bringing, I will bring all of them. I have handy:

The Great Brain Robbery, Unexploded Cow, Kill Doctor Lucky (Director's Cut), Save Doctor Lucky on Moon Base Copernicus (I think Save Doctor Lucky is in storage, but I see that will be there already), Bitin' off Hedz, Deadwood on Location, and The Big Idea.
  • Power Grid, Talisman, Nanuk, Race for the Galaxy, B-movie Card Games, FLUX (Monty Python, Zombie, Martian), Red November, Agricola (if no one else is,) Lifeboat (need to see if we can get the celebs to play a round as an important simulation in case of emergency).

@Molly23 do you have the expansions to Catan? if not ill bring mine.
  • edited December 2010
    My roommates and I are bringing the following games: Tichu, Telestrations, For Sale, Werewolf, Party Playoff, Slide 5, Smarty Party, and several Parsely Games. We are also bringing supplies to play Celebrities.

All but Tichu are great party games, Tichu is a bit more serious and is only 4 players, it's like Bridge or Spades (similar, but better!)
  • I am really excited at the prospect of playing some of my favorite games with cool new people. To that end, I'm bringing Munchkin and 4 player Catan (you'll note my dedication, bringing such a bulky game!) I think I'll also bring Wise and Otherwise, a great party game for bright people.

There aren't many gaming groups in this area and so I hope I'll also get to learn some good new games as well. Hopefully you guys won't mind me interrogating you about the various qualities of all these games I haven't heard of.
  • I will be bringing two bags of games... one with all the current in print Looney Labs Games, and one with many of Andy's current unpublished prototypes... in particular I'm looking forward to playtesting both Gambling Fluxx and Star Fluxx and asking you guys which one you think we should publish next! And I should be getting my hands on the very first printed copies of Pirate Fluxx (which doesn't come out until Feb) to bring on the cruise! Check out the Video Intro to Pirate Fluxx we just posted online yesterday: http://looneylabs.ning.com/video/pirate-fluxx-intro

I'm looking forward to playing games with all of you on the cruise - only 10 days away now!
  • I'll be bringing the following games: 7 Wonders, the Code Monkey Card Game, Re: Your Brains the Card Game, and The First of May Game. (2 of these are available for free download from my website right now!). I have a very very large game collection and would be happy to bring more games as long as they are portable and not disastrously expensive to replace if they get lost/damaged.
  • So I have yet to see anyone say that they're bringing Dominion. I don't own or else I'd bring it. I've only played it once but thought it was awesome and would love to play again.
  • Parsely games should be a lot of fun with this group, glad to see several people bringing them! Who knew old text adventure style gameplay could make a comeback in this manner?

Also, woot to Power Grid. My favorite board game of all time.

I have Dominion, but I don't think I have enough room in my luggage. :-/ I could always at least bring a couple of power grid expansions - I have the alternate power plant deck, and a couple of the other country boards.
  • @ReptilianSamurai I have the county expansions plant deck, my problem is normal no one want to play
  • Parsley games??? Is that what happens to all the parsely left on our plates at the end of dinner?

I honestly have no idea what most of the games listed are, but I love games and would love to learn them all!

I plan to bring:
    Zombie dice
    Lexingo
    Cranium pop 5
    Catch phrase
    Mad gab
    Apples to apples
    Scrabble flash

I think I also have:
    Blink
    Set
    Scrabble slam
    Upwords

A friend told me the cruise ship usually has a selection of games on board as well... Can anyone confirm that?
  • @chris.naegele: You are my hero for bringing Lunch Money! I mean, who wouldn't love a game of Catholic school girls beating the crap out of each other for pocket change? I might have to bring my "Humilation" T-shirt.

Thank you all for bringing games! All of mine are packed in a storage space for the next 6 months. :-/

BTW, does anyone happen to have Robo Rally? [Hopeful "Arrr"]
  • Not parsley, parsely! I'd never heard of them either, but it seems like fun. :) What happens if I say Xyzzy?

One fun game to play with leftover parsley, though, is to dangle your fork from your knife (because the cutlery is magnetised for some reason) and try to pick up parsley with the fork and put it in a designated part of the plate, without the fork falling off the knife. If two people cooperate you can even pick up whole slices of bread.

Okay, maybe I'm just weird.
  • I have Robo Rally... but I'm not sure it'll fit in my luggage. I'll try to bring it if there's enough interest (as in we'll actually play it.) I don't get much chance to play that game!

It's a great one if we have lots of computer geeks/programmers.
  • My luggage seems bizarrely light so far; I think it's because I'm not bringing the usual 5 or 6kg of chocolate I usually bring to visit my family. So I think I will put Articulate in there, and take it out again if my suitcase turns out to be too heavy (I'll check it in the day before flying.) I played this game during a school trip when I was 16, and I had fond memories of it, so I bought a copy when I saw it in New Zealand in May, but I haven't played it since, because I'm always busy when the game club meets. So the game is very well-travelled but never-used.
  • @Angelastic you can bring me chocolate :)
  • @ReptilianSamurai my wife and I love that game, and a few of the people I'm coming with (coworkers, we're all programmers) would probably adore it as well, I had considered bringing it, but my luggage is probably too full.
  • Well, it turns out I can't check in my luggage the night before this time, and even though I'm pretty sure that I have a few kilos to play with, I've decided to err on the side of light luggage for once, so I won't bring Articulate (unless three people claim they want to play it within the next hour) but I will bring about 300g of Swiss chocolate, which is all I happen to have (the shops are closed) and I'll see if they have anything other than Lindt at the airport when I fly to Orlando in the morning [for those who haven't been paying attention, Anna_Ilujion and I are going to visit Kennedy Space Center before the cruise. Anyone else want to join in?] :) It looks like there will be plenty of games as it is.
  • Hubby and I talked about this in the car last night on our way home. I'm hoping to bring a carry-on full of games. So far, I think we'll bring Ticket to Ride, Forbidden Island, Bohnanza, Sequence, and the "pirate" dice game. We'll probably bring more, but I'll have to check and see what fits. Is anyone bringing the Catan Histories Settlers of America? I have it, but haven't gotten to play it, and it's big and I don't want to lug it on a flight unless I have to.

Alot of these games I haven't heard of before, and I'm looking forward to trying them out. T-minus 6 days and counting!
  • I can bring Dirty Minds. :) Lol!
  • @Angelastic when u visiting the KSC?
  • @Hijammer We'll be going to KSC on December 31, possibly returning the next day if we feel like it. I'm sitting in a hotel lobby in Orlando right now. I brought a pile of Favarger chocolate (bought at the airport) to share. I guess now I should head to a supermarket so I can sample the many different ways in which chocolate can be combined with peanut butter. :)
  • Is any one going to play Talisman if I bring it?
  • Is anyone bringing Pandemic with the expansion? I'd love to see the TSA agent's face when they see the (fake) petri dishes and the biohazard symbols.
  • @Buggy - I got a login just so's I could say we were going to bring Pandemic (AND we have the expansion pack). Then you post that. We're flying from London Heathrow, too! They'll never let us on the plane now :-(

(there aren't *actually* biohazard symbols, are there?)
  • I have Pandemic in my suitcase but no expansion.
  • piepie
    edited December 2010
    we plan to bring Bang!, Bohnanza, Gloom, Citadels, and Coloretto. i would really love to bring Dominion, but there's just no obvious way to bring it without the bulky box and not go nuts trying to keep the cards straight.

added later: Illuminati, Chrononauts, R3d Nov3mber.
  • @pie zip lock sandwich bags
  • @frithuswith The base game is probably ok. Take a look at what they include in the expansion though: Click here for pic. Try taking that through airport security.
  • I mentioned it in the main thread before noticing this one but I am bringing the following:

Exits are Out (a play tested custom parsely game based on Xenophobe)
    Vikings vs Unicorns (a play tested variant of Werewolf containing robots, unicorns, ninjas, batman, vampires, werewolves, and a dog)
    A few other parsely games
    Telestrations

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

@nperkins
  • @Buggy - I'm sure it'll be fiiiiine. As long as they don't find out I work in a hospital ;-)

It will also depend on space, of course. We are currently doing our best impression of people packing for three months...
  • edited December 2010
    I'll be bringing Illuminati
    , and another copy of the aforementioned "once upon a time." I may also bring standard munchkin and Deadwood, but those are already covered as well.
  • You people are crazy. We're going on a drunken cruise and no one is bringing Red Dragon Inn?

Well, it looks like *I* am then.

(google it)

S.
  • I am giddy with excitement over all these games I've never heard of! I packed my games today... Pretty much all the ones I mentioned earlier in this thread. My games are seemingly not near nerdy enough for this group I fear, but hopefully they'll give us some variety? Guess I need to pack some clothes and stuff too... Hmmm
  • Looks like people have the light filler category filled, so I will try to bring as many meaty games that aren't huge as will fit. I like the meaty games!
    I will also have an extra Tichu deck because I always carry one in my purse.
    Glad someone is bringing Power Grid, Agricola, Puerto Rico - those are all great.

I am thinking I will try for Le Havre and Age of Steam and Through the Ages if I can fit them. If not I will see what fits. I don't know how much room my clothes and scuba gear are going to take up yet.

I can't wait!
  • Please, oh, please, lord, let me stumble upon a game of Dominion including Molly Lewis while on the boat!
  • It ended up being Age of Steam, Automobile and Through the Ages (because I can teach those if need be, it's been too long since I've played Le Havre.)

There is also a Sticheln deck in my bag and I may toss some other small card games in as well.
  • I, too, am bringing Apples to Apples, it's small to pack but only accommodates up to 10 people, just in case there's more than that that want to play. So there ya go. The only decent, portable game I own. :) And haven't played in years...