Rock Band 3

edited November 2010 in JoCo Music
Rock Band 3 adds support for the Rock Band Network store on Wii (and PS3?), which means 4 more JoCo songs available to Wii players!

Thought people would like to know, as it always bothered me they were out there and I couldn't access them.

Comments

• RBN has been supported since its launch on Rock Band 2 on all platforms. The only difference is that as soon as songs make the grade, they're immediately available on X-Box Live. PlayStation Network and Wii have separate release processes/schedules. Currently, all JoCo RBN songs are available on PSN.
  • edited November 2010
    RBN has been supported since its launch on Rock Band 2 on all platforms
    I have to disagree.
    Wii only supports DLC on Rock Band 2, not RBN. I never really understood the difference other than it meant I couldn't get lots of JoCo songs.
    I'll check when I get home that RB2 still doesn't have the 4 new songs (Code Monkey, Ikea, Shop Vac and Creepy Doll)
    The Wii is still missing some songs available on the PS3 I see.
  • You sure that Wii doesn't support RBN? I agree that not all the DLC on X-Box 360/PS3 is available for Wii, but to say that there is no support is simply not true.
  • edited November 2010
    According to that page,
    "Rock Band Network will become available on the Wii in eight to 10 song intervals on September 7, 2010"
    So it is possible that the RBN was available on the Wii prior to RB3, although given that Nintendo don't allow game patches I'd like to know how they did that given my response from Harmonix a few months earlier:
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?197096-Why-Wii-Rock-Band-2is-a-lesser-game&p=3897356#post3897356
    Can I also clarify that DLC and RBN are completely different. The Wii RB2 does support DLC, it didn't support RBN at all. DLC had 3 JoCo songs (including Still Alive) and RBN had about 8 (4 of which are now available on RB3, and maybe RB2)

ETA: This proves that RBN is very new to Wii as it said on the 3rd September that the FIRST songs on the RBN on the Wii will be coming soon:
    http://www.rockband.com/blog/new-to-rbn93
    So it looks like RB3 didn't introduce it, but it is still very recent, hence my confusion on thinking it was RB3 that enabled it.
  • So now we have cleared up the difference between Download Content (DLC) and Rock Band Network (RBN) stores on Rockband 2 and 3...am I the only one that was excited by the addition on 4 new JoCo songs to Rock Band on the Wii?
    I'm still keeping my fingers crossed they will release the other few that are still missing.