Tom Lehrer

edited October 2010 in JoCo Music
Don't know how many of you have heard of Tom Lehrer but I just got turned onto him and it's just brilliant. Reminded me of when I first discovered JoCo

Poisoning Pigeons in the Park

The Masochism Tango

Comments

• I love Tom Lehrer. I watch him on the PBS News Hour every night. (oh wait...)
  • Just last night, while watching a video of an improv show I was in, I started singing 'Lobachevsky' with 'improvise' instead of 'plagiarise', and was glad to see one of the other improvisers recognised the song and started singing along. My dream is to get JoCo to attempt to sing The Elements.

If all you have are his albums, you might be interested in the physical revue.
  • Never heard of the guy ;)
  • I'd not checked it out but I've purchased his DVD and still waiting on delivery, thank you Angelastic! The man is pure brilliance in his wit and music, reminds me of another artist I admire. . .

If only I could see said artist in a show I didn't have to travel three more more hours to :P
  • HE HAS A DVD?!

ka-BUY!
  • Y'all know that JC is a big fan of Tom Lehrer, right?
  • Colleen's right; for example see here.
  • At the second JoCo show I went to 3 years ago, and my first cookie minion delivery, I got to talk to Jonathan after the show. I told him how my parents got to see Tom Lehrer in concert before I was born, when he was just getting started as an entertainer, and how I felt like I was having the same chance by seeing Jonathan. He got all humble and cute, saying he wasn't anywhere NEAR that good. I think I was right though!