joco helps me through rough patches

cj,cj,
edited June 2010 in JoCo Music
some of jocos music to me is truely emotive and make laugh and cry. helps me feel emtions i dont want to face. im a man and not ashamed to admit i just cried my eyes out to ''when you go'' but i felt good after. thanks be to joco

Comments

• You like "When you go" ? Here is JoCo in Glasgow (my request and camerawork)
    Here

And here's me singing it...
    Here
  • I thought you promised to never mention that again...
  • I lie a lot.

(or DO I?)
  • I've recently found "Pull The String" stinking in my head a lot for similar reasons.
  • The "that" in my statement refers to this if you don't already know.
  • As I'm sure many of us do, I can get very emotional over "When You Go". My band, in conjunction with our drummer's entertainment/sound reinforcement company, recently hosted the entertainment portion of a Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society. We had planned to include a brief solo acoustic set featuring myself, in which I intended to perform this song and dedicate it to my ex-girlfriend's father, who passed away last February due to complications stemming from rectal cancer. Unfortunately, the logistics got a little wonky, and my solo set was the first thing to get axed. Nonetheless, I intend to dedicate a performance of that song to him in some public performance at some point. His memory certainly deserves that much (and so much more, I'm afraid).

In the meantime, enjoy this little number that Davin (said drummer) and I wrote specifically for the event. It's a little unpolished...we wrote it in about forty-five minutes, a few days before the event, and we performed it after having basically NO rehearsal time. We intend to "iron out the kinks", register the copyright for it, license it cc-by-nc-sa, record a fully-produced version of it, and give it to the ACS to use in any way they see fit. In the meantime, enjoy (we hope!), comment and critique (we'll take any help we can get!), and support cancer research and promote early screening!!! (Also, please don't steal our song while we're working on registering the copyright. ;) )

YouTube! link:
  • If I may... Talking about emotional songs.....
    THIS has become more emotionally intensive to me.
    And Yes, its my cover, but next to my version of When You Go, I think its the 2nd best one I've done.
    If you watch carefully... around 1:55... you may see a little glisten appearing in my eyes....
  • I have found certain JoCo songs are great to sing when really ticked off about stuff in my life- bellowing "Big Bad World One" while driving, or "Christmas is Interesting" at that time of year when depressed really helps to get the angry out of me. Or feeds it even more, hard to tell at times...