JoCo's super secret project. Let the speculating begin.

edited April 2010 in JoCo Music
Just got Jon's latest email with this little tidbit.
I’m ready for The Next Project, and I think I finally know what it is.
What can it be?!

Comments

• ohboyohboyohboyohboy :D

I have no inside information, I'm just ducking in to say that this almost makes up for the reappearance of Word Association Thread.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm just ducking in to say that this almost makes up for the reappearance of Word Association Thread.
    I resurrected that thread with you in mind, Bry. I was wondering how long it would take you pop in and complain about it.... :) Now that JoCo's latest post has actually given us something to think/talk about here, perhaps the Word Association thread will fade away once more. Or, you know, maybe not.

Lots of great stuff in that post, by the way. Am I the only one excited about his promise to play Re: Vos Cerveaux in Montreal? Hope someone records that!
  • I'm betting it's a rock opera. He already has plenty of experience writing music & lyrics, but now he's writing SONGS. To me, that means BROADWAY MUSICAL. Next he'll be asking about choreography.
  • edited April 2010
    I know what it is!!! neenerneenerneener!!!!

ETA: This is surely to be taken as a mean prank, but I want to assure you that you will be amazed by what it is. AND THAT I CAN NOT BE DISSUADED FROM SECRECY.
  • Mystery Diagnosis - The Musical ?

no?
  • My guess is he's planning on trying out for next season's American Idol. We'll soon be treated to JoCo belting out a pitchy rendition of Unchained Melody on a Hollywood stage, and making it his own.
  • I know what *one* of them is.
  • I wonder if it is related to this morning's #twitterfail? The redacted message was...intriguing.
  • Lots of great stuff in that post, by the way. Am I the only one excited about his promise to play Re: Vos Cerveaux in Montreal? Hope someone records that!
    It looks more like he promised not to play it, to me.
  • If you think I am not going to do “Re: Your Brains” in French while I am in Quebec, then you are crazy.
    I think you're reading it wrong, Angelastic. He's saying he will play it. Anyone agree? He might just be kidding, but that's what he's saying.
  • I wonder if it is related to this morning's #twitterfail? The redacted message was...intriguing.
    Interesting, can you share?
  • edited April 2010
    I leave for a month and check the forums and there is like 3 posts. I come back 3 days later and the forums have imploded on themselves... (relative to normal activity.) Judging from his and others responses, I'm guessing it isn't "just" Portal 2.
    I'm betting it's a rock opera. He already has plenty of experience writing music & lyrics, but now he's writing SONGS. To me, that means BROADWAY MUSICAL. Next he'll be asking about choreography.
    He's going to cover Queensrÿche's album Operation: mindcrime one and two in their entirety.
  • @Chicazul. I didn't see the redacted message so can't comfirm or deny!

;' )

(TBH, I couldn't confirm or deny anyway.. cos it's a secret!)

Yes, yes, Joe is a tease......
  • I'm thinking he's got a few things in mind.
    He said he wants to do a few more songs to finish off The Aftermath so I'm expecting that.
    But also he's said before that the idea of a rock opera or a bunch of songs around a theme apeals to him. I'm thinking something along those terms.
  • He's going to cover Queensrÿche's album Operation: mindcrime one and two in their entirety.
    "Jonathan Coulton? Yeah, he's the guy that ignited the holy war between the TMBG and Queensrÿche fans back in '11 ."
  • edited April 2010
    @Jmonkee - Given that it was redacted, I would be a jerk to repeat the message. It seems not many people saw it, which makes me another person going "neener neener I know something you don't know!" (-;
  • edited April 2010
    Given that it was redacted, I would be a jerk to repeat the message.
    Well, I suppose that's true.
    neener neener I know something you don't know!" (-;
    Argh!! Well if Awryone says it's amazing, it must be worth waiting for....
  • This tweet sheds some light on it.
  • My guess: he's working with the Johns (TMBG) on another children's album, along the lines of Here Comes the ABCs, Here Comes the 123s, and Here Comes Science.

At least, that's what I'm hoping it is!
  • edited May 2010
    JoCo + TMBG + children's album...could this compilation be the project in question?

ETA: I know this is probably not the "Next Project", but it is certainly a project. At least one guaranteed new JoCo song this year!
  • Brand new song, according to this tweet!
  • I think we have our answer. Who else is excited for the new album?
  • edited May 2010
    JoCo with a full band?

About darn time!

Also, yay yay yay yay yay yayayay, ho ho hooo!
  • @ chicazul -> raises hand
  • He's going to cover Queensrÿche's album Operation: mindcrime one and two in their entirety.
    I realize this a) dates me terribly, and b) make me look like a dork, but man, if this was true, I would DIE. I listened to Mindcrime approximately 7,672,193 times in high school.

I am not sure how I'd explain the soulful, acoustic version of "Suite Sister Mary" to my 7 year old, though.

(I know it's not true. I just had to chime in.)