JoCo concert time lapse

edited March 2010 in JoCo Music
Hi,

At the first Manchester concert, I set up my camera on a tripod on stage to record the show, and only realised later that it was in time-lapse mode. Then later I thought I'd accidentally deleted the file for most of the concert from my camera without copying it anywhere. Well, a few days ago, I found that file. So I took my minidisc recording of the same concert, sped it up to 15 times its original speed, and synched it as well as I could with the time lapse video. The result is this, an entire JoCo concert in less than five and a half minutes. Interesting things about this concert include the first performance of Mr. Fancy Pants on iPhone, and the first appearance of Neil Gaiman reading a verse of Creepy Doll.

Now, I'm sure a lot of other interesting things could be done with five and a half minutes of superspeed JoCo. A five and a half minute remix of I Feel Fantastic, for example. I'd like to put the video somewhere where it can be downloaded and launch some kind of challenge to see who can do the most creative thing with it. The file is 282MB; does anyone know where I could put it? I think Mediafire has a 100MB limit, and I have no idea how much space we have on the Mandelbrot Set box.net account. My sister has a server that I use for my websites, but I think it has very limited international bandwidth.

I'm going to bed now, so if you suggest something, don't be surprised if I take a while to do anything about it.

Comments

• "RAR" the file into a few 50mg chunks and upload THEM to some site or other!

;' )
  • His left hand doesn't move very much...
  • A five and a half minute remix of I Feel Fantastic
    That was what I intended to do with it when it first happened.
  • That's also what I intended to do. I tried out just putting a live version of I Feel Fantastic with the video, and it looks pretty cool, although it doesn't use the whole thing. It is fun when beats in the song happen to coincide with JoCo eclipsing the spotlight or something like that.

Incidentally, Kerrin, I think you might already have the file. I found it (inside a CANONxxx folder which indicates I just dragged and dropped the files straight from the memory card, which explains why I couldn't find them in iPhoto) in a folder called 'pictures from Angelastic' or something like that, which implies that I intended to give you a copy. So maybe I copied it to your hard drive while I was at your place. When I get home I'll tell you what the file name is, so you can search for it.
  • edited March 2010
    I did ask for a copy, so I would be surprised if I don't. I do have a CD (or DVD) you burnt with your videos on...it's probably there.
  • Well, at the time I didn't even realise I still had it, but now that I know it still exists, I wouldn't be surprised if I gave you a copy without realising it.