Portal 2 is coming; more JoCo?

edited March 2010 in JoCo Music
It looks like the sequel to Portal is official now; will we get a musical sequel to 'Still Alive'?

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/03/05/april-cover-revealed.aspx

Comments

• That is so awesome. Can't wait to get my Game Informer now. :) I hope there is another song in the works wouldn't be the same without one.
  • Also, apparently Portal and other Valve stuff is coming to Mac.
  • Am I just imagining seeing a sequel song mentioned in an interview with JoCo? Because I swear I read something about that a while back. No details, obviously, but for some reason I thought Jonathan's musical involvement was a foregone conclusion.
  • Well, given the great success of "Still Alive", I'd be extremely surprised if Valve didn't try to get Jonathan back.
  • We can only hope he does. Until then, I'll wait patiently until the day a band can cover that song incorrectly.
  • Why do you want an *incorrect* cover?
  • I got my Game Informer today and the article has this quote in it. This is paraphrased from the article.

" Yes, Coulton is going to be involved." It says that he is already collaborating with Valve but they are staying quiet about the exact applications of his music so as not to ruin the surprise.
  • Wait, so this means that Jonathan is being "forced" to release a song during 2010?... :)

Now I feel like I wasted my money on tuition this quarter instead of a rig to run this game...
  • Or it could be another L4D2ism and he has some of his past songs in the game, maybe?
  • Or it could be another L4D2ism and he has some of his past songs in the game, maybe?
    Given the success of the past song, and the benefit it gave both valve and Jonathan, I think they would both be crazy not to write a new song for the game. I wait with baited breath.
  • The Game Informer interview with JoCo is now online for those who are too newfangled to subscribe to a paper magazine.

Looks like nothing but good news!
  • edited February 2011
    This is an article about Portal / Portal 2, with a nod to JoCo:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/02/the-excellent-beginning-of-portal-2/

"It ended, as few video games do, with a great song. (Songwriter Jonathan Coulton is returning for Portal 2 with multiple songs, probably placed though-out the game to better punctuate interesting moments, the Valve rep told me)."

-Kate
  • A while back he said something on Twitter to the effect of, "If this plane crashes, it is taking the song for Portal 2 with it."

The plane did not crash.
  • Yes, I saw that tweet. Very exciting!

-Kate