JoCo's Forum Fu

edited January 2010 in JoCo Music
I'm going to see a couple of JoCo shows in a few days. Last show it was fun to give him a printout of the brackets from the Favorite Song Tournament which everyone here had a hand in creating.
I'd like to give him something else from the forums and a few discussion gave me this idea. Write out some song ideas/challenges for JoCo Song Fu style. For instance one of the challenges from Song Fu was to; Write a song from the perspective of an inanimate object. This inanimate object must have no moving parts. Also no computers, no objects that look like living things, either human or animal (i.e. a statue, an action figure, etc.), and no celestial objects (i.e. the sun or the moon). Your song can be in any style you choose. Another was simply to; Write a Happy song.
I can't guarantee that JoCo will take up any of the challenges or write these songs (or heck even read the list!) but I can promise you that I will print out this thread and stick it in his hands by the Friday show in Austin.

Comments

• Write a song which-
    -is from the point of view of a fairy tale character
    -or a nursery rhyme character
    -"Velmas revenge"
    -"When the (fill in your word) stopped"
    "Love ( or hate or any other emotion) tastes like..."
    -The 4 primal elements- Earth, Air, Water, Fire
    -Gravity, it's not a law, it's just a suggestion
    -Shiney things
    -My favorite deadly sin
    -Frankenstien's monsters and Mummys- the forgotton and ignored monsters in the JoCo songbook.
    -Not to mention the creature from the Black Lagoon. Which you havn't mentioned. Fish faced bottom dwellers need love too.
    -An Ode to road food.
    From the Cookie Minion!
  • Write a song about a sad robot in space.
    Write a song incorporating all of these suggestions, except this one.
    And yeah, Write a happy song. Really. None of these blue sunny days that seem more blue than sunny.
    Write a theme song for the movie Megashark vs. Giant Octopus

Though wouldn't he feel a little overwhelmed/crushed by expectation?

It would be fun to have a challenge every few weeks on the forum inspired by one of JoCo's songs. Any kind of challenge as long as at least one of his songs meets it.
  • By the way, Frankenstein's monster hasn't been completely ignored... Paul and Storm wrote a song about such a monster JoCo's style, and I don't think the man himself could do any better.
  • write a love song to your wife.
  • List of favourite beers (a la The Presidents – easy, quick & fun to research!!)
    Something with monkeys (it’s been a while)
    Also, fish are sadly neglected in his songs... why should cephalopods get all the love?
    Ode to overcoming the fear of suckage
    Juxtaposition of life as an internet superstar vs apprentice kitchen cabinet assembler
    Observations on wiseness of a 4-year-old’s approach to life
  • Write a song incorporating all of these suggestions, except this one.
    G
  • A song about not being able to meet your own expectations
  • A song about a lonely professional singer who has fame but really longs to make it big in the computer programing industry.
  • will be printing this out tomorrow around noon. Any other challenges?
  • Come to your forums at least once a week, and talk with your most hard-core fans! We'll have all sorts of ideas for you.....

Maybe not exactly what robgonzo's looking for, but that's my challenge :)
  • Come to your forums at least once a week
    Or failing that, you could do a live online chat session so that your fans can talk to you in real time.
  • Man that would be SO great- hey tell him to go to http://toomuchawesome.ning.com/ . He doesn't even need to be "him" he can make up a nick and just say he likes listening to the fu and see what folks say.
  • I think he probably pays more attention to us than he should already. He does read our responses to his blog posts pretty carefully, based on how responsive he is to queries and comments. Once he starts wandering around in here, he'll never get ANYTHING done.
  • Yeah, we're going to have to choose, really; do we want him to write new songs, or write new forum posts? I mean I could get my Mac to sing his forum posts, but I bet he'd never sing them live.
  • Hey! We have a new JoCo song! :-D

"Giant Squids and Robot armies! (that was just for me)"
  • And it's a GREAT new song. Where did it come from? Who is that other dude who isn't Joco or Paul & Storm? And who is the chick on the couch? I'm sure somebody here must know. And what's with the Mumu song? I just spent an hour watching him recording it and now I can't get it out of my head. Is this a new song too?
  • Those are Greg Benson and Kim Evey! Of Mediocre Films, makers of Retarded Policeman and Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine Show. Friends to JoCo and P&S and Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day and lots of other cool nerds you know.

JoCopedia to the rescue: Lady Ablerin's Muumuu.
  • ...really; do we want him to write new songs, or write new forum posts?
    Nah, there's no correlation. He hasn't posted in the forum in the past year, so that's not what's keeping him from writing new songs. And he used to post here all the time before, during and after Thing-a-Week.
  • Also, be sure to catch the "behind the scenes" video...
  • FYI mission accomplished.
  • How did he react?
  • he seemed amused.