What is the first note/key of Mandelbrot Set?

edited January 2010 in JoCo Music
It's a strange request, but I want to play some JoCo songs on the piano. I just suck at finding the notes. After I find it, I'm pretty good at finding my around no matter the key. I just get stuck on where to start. If you know the start note/key of future soon, that would bee cool too!

Comments

• Mandelbrot Set starts on a E major vamp with the first melody note B.
    Future Soon starts on a D major vamp with the first melody note A.

Good luck, and enjoy the adventure! I think you chose two reasonably difficult ones (in terms of getting the groove across, if nothing else), but that's all part of the fun.
  • The synth panned to the right starts out just holding an E. Then panned to the left you'll hear a rhythm guitar essentially playing an E2 chord. I think the way Jonathan plays it is with the top E string open and the 2nd string playing a high D on the 9th fret. On the piano, I would probably play 2 octaves of E with my left hand on the first beat, then on the second beat play an E2 chord (B right below middle C, E right above that, D right above that, emphasizing the D since that's the real melodic note in the riff). At 3.5 beats ("the and of 3") I would play the same chord, except move the D up to a G# to make a normal E major chord. I'm not at my piano right now but I think that should capture the gist of the riff and give you a base to start at.