Smiley faces in the JoCo store under "Free" column?

edited December 2009 in JoCo Music
What do they mean? They appear to link to the same pages that the Info icons do. I'm confused.

Comments

• Smiley face songs have an additional link on the info page that allows you to download the mp3 for free.
  • Thanks! Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason why these particular songs are given a free download link?
  • I honestly don't know! It seems to be a combination of his most popular songs and a few oddballs.

This was useful a couple weeks ago: a friend of mine who is strapped for cash was able to download a generous selection of Coulton tracks guilt-free. He has been successfully converted into a fan.
  • >a friend of mine who is strapped for cash was able to download a generous selection of Coulton tracks guilt-free

chicazul, I think you've just answered the question "why these particular songs are given a free download link..."
  • edited December 2009
    It does explain why some of them are free--and perhaps even why the most popular songs are free--but does not completely answer the question of why this particular selection of songs, and not some other set.

Methinks I am a bit too pedantic. (:
  • My understanding is the free ones include all the ones where Jonathan used content he didn't have the copyright to use, and ones he felt didn't merit payment (too short, not good enough), I'm sure there are other reasons too. I haven't actually looked art what the free ones are in years.

Technically, all his songs (except Still Alive) are free, you just need to get the others from his blog posts.
  • Or if they're not linked from blog posts (so pre-Thing-a-Week stuff) you can legally get them for free from some other fan or through that trick JoCo mentioned in a blog post once. Hooray for Creative Commons!