JoCoCon Proposal

edited November 2009 in JoCo Music
Since JoCo proposed that idea for a cruise (which I sadly cannot afford) I have been thinking how great it would be to go to a JoCo convention someday. Let me know what you think of this-
When: Friday April 30, 2010 -Saturday May 1. Yes, Spiff, May first. TRY not to get arrested for doing...anything..., ok? :o)
Where: Washington DC area- I am scoping out con hotels now, I go to lots of them locally for anime and SF. The reason is that they are local to Paul and Storm (and me, your insane organizer), have multiple airports and a good Amtrak hub plus Metro in the city.
Proposed events:
Friday night "Mr FancyPants" party and JoCo/P&S costume ball. Prizes for fancy pants and for outfits, hopefully judged by the guests of honor themselves.
Saturday day (partial ideas more needed)
ponkey competition
Dress your monkey butler competition (bring a dressed toy monkey or buy one and use the fabric I will bring)
Any other doll made to represent a song or character from a JoCo or P&S song.
Art show with viewers choice and GoH prize ribbons, again on that same theme.
Saturday night- concert and general adoration of the guys, Pirate Zombie dance to follow. Who needs Pirates va Ninjas?
Either Saturday or Sunday after the con is technically done- invade the Smithsonian Air and Space museum OR the Natural history museum en masse.

I am trying to estimate the cost of something like this, and hope to bring it in for 50.00. If you are interested in attending a JoCo Con, know how to set up a counter here, have any experience in running a convention, etc pls let me know. Alternate idea would be to have a P&S concert on Friday and JoCo Saturday, or to just have the con be on Saturday and Sunday so folks only have to stay one night. Con starts at 10 Saturday, ends at noon Sunday kind of thing. If you have any ideas for panels or events during the weekend, please speak up.

Sooooo...whatcha think?

Comments